Aldeer.com

Cost of Hunting

Posted By: Backwoods_Tech

Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:38 AM

Last night my soon to be sister in law came by to check on my fiance.Some how they got on the subject of me hunting and how we could afford for me to go hunting with just my income coming in right now.This royally pissed off my fiance. To calm things down I gave her a break down.

1.Hunting clothes $100.00 on clearance two years ago -$50.00
2.Hunting License $27.00 -$27.00
3.Gas $60.00 $10.00 x 6 trips -$60.00
4.Hunting Rifle $69.00 20 years ago .Now $600.00 +$531.00
5.Meat 120 lbs (2 Deer average $10.50 lb to buy) +$1260.00
6.Gear(Backpack,Blind) $0.00 I Made mine $0.00
7.Ammo $0.10 per round $1.00

All said and done total cost of hunting is about $1654.00 profit.
Needles to say she had nothing else to say about the subject
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:42 AM

Are your finances really any of your SIL's business anyway?
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:44 AM

I wish my math was bad enough to make profit on hunting!!

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:47 AM

No,but sometimes it is easier to keep the peace than join the fight

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:48 AM

I am an expert bullshifter
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Backwoods_Tech
I am an expert bullshifter

i love it when women go shopping & buy a bunch of stuff "on sale" & get all giddy about "saving a bunch of money" ...

uhm - NO - you SPENT money ... but you're smart not to argue w/a woman; it's like wrestling with a pig in the mud -- they like it & you end up just getting dirty ...
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:53 AM

Sounds like FUTURE SIL needs to Mind her own business, she is planting a seed that will grow.
Posted By: nacho

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:53 AM

No one has asked that question around my house as of yet but the thought did run through my mind yesterday when I picked up the last few things I needed on how much money I’ve spent on hunting this year. Let’s just say there’s no way I’m in the positive and it needs to be a good season for me or I may kick my own ass!
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 09:05 AM

I don't want to talk about it.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 09:07 AM

Wait till shes your wife and not your fiance then youll start hearing it from both of them

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 09:14 AM

Most of my cost saving is from making my own gear that has more than one purpose

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 09:16 AM

Not really.She encourages me to get out in the woods to get some exercise.
Posted By: bholmes

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: blumsden

This.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 09:32 AM

It's best I not know what it costs. Other than work we don't do much of anything else for ourselves so sweetie pie loves going to the camp so she never questions any $s spent at or going to the camp. I'm a very blessed man.
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 09:39 AM

Whenever I hear people complain about what they, or others they know, spend on hunting, I think about Troy's tag line....

"I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted....."
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 09:45 AM

Me and my buddy have a saying, "you can't put a price on fun".
Posted By: centralala

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: turkey247
I wish my math was bad enough to make profit on hunting!!

Maybe not but there is a tremendous amount of money to be made off of hunters.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 10:45 AM

Not long after I was married, my wife got to beechin about the cost of my hunting.
In her assessment deer meat is way too expensive. She said, with what I spend on hunting, deer meat must be $1000 or more per pound.
I said, "Yes dear, you're right. But its cheap compared to what I'm having to pay for P***Y"!
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 10:56 AM

Hell, I just got back home from the archery store where I dropped another C-note. That's why I work, to spend my money how I see fit. Tell your sister in law to pound sand.
Edit to add: need pics of SIL or it didn't happen.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Bustinbeards
Sounds like FUTURE SIL needs to Mind her own business, she is planting a seed that will grow.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Out back
Not long after I was married, my wife got to beechin about the cost of my hunting.
I her assessment deer meat is too expensive. She said with what I spend on hunting that deer meat must be $1000 or more per pound.
I said yes dear, you're right. But its cheap compared to what I'm having to pay for P***Y!

You sir just cost me a new monitor.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 11:12 AM

Around my house we don’t speak about what hunting “costs”
I spend “some” money on hunting and my wife spends everything else grin
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Bustinbeards

thumbup "If you mind your own business, you'll be busy all the time", comes to mind.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 11:30 AM

Not really.She encourages me to get out in the woods to get some exercise.

Haha just wait, and enjoy the bj's while they last cause that clock is ticking

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 11:42 AM

No, bj's.:( she had a brain stem stroke last November
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 12:01 PM

I her assessment deer meat is too expensive. She said with what I spend on hunting that deer meat must be $1000 or more per pound.
I said yes dear, you're right. But its cheap compared to what I'm having to pay for P***Y!

I feel the same way. Probly one of the reasons I've never been married.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 12:05 PM

well it's like this . i'd told the SIL none you damn business . then told my gal she could go live with her sister .

i work my a$$ off all year so i can enjoy what hunting i do , she got a problem . she can hit the door .
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 12:06 PM

Yoube got some funky math and what the he'll are you shooting that cost 10cents a round?
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 12:08 PM

i see this sister causeing a lot of trouble , go on and nip it in the bud now .
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 12:51 PM

The only time married women give thoes is if ur not married to them !!!!!

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Bar270

The only time married women give thoes is if ur not married to them !!!!!

That's pretty fracked up man
Posted By: Out back

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: jmudler

Oddly enough, I'm still married to her, 25 years now. The secret to a long marriage is to keep on dating, just as you did before marriage. We have "date night" once a week.
Hers is Saturday, mine is Thursday.
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: jmudler

Oddly enough, I'm still married to her, 25 years now. The secret to a long marriage is to keep on dating, just as you did before marriage. We have "date night" once a week.
Hers is Saturday, mine is Thursday.

rofl
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 01:47 PM

^rofl
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
Yoube got some funky math and what the he'll are you shooting that cost 10cents a round?

22LR is deer-legal in MS beers
Posted By: nacho

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 04:17 PM

This thread has some of the best quotes I have seen on here in a long time!
Posted By: jbc

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

(Not to mention that he’s going to shoot 10 times to kill 2 deer)
Posted By: ericbowhunter

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 06:39 PM

Leave now!!
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: blumsden
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 07:49 PM

I spend my money on what I want and she spends hers on what she wants. Works for us.
Posted By: HenryCoHunter

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 07:51 PM

Just remember this...your woman will be there for you when nobody else will...
Posted By: hayman

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: mike35549
I spend my money on what I want and she spends hers on what she wants. Works for us.

Plus mine likes hunting too.

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: HenryCoHunter
Just remember this...your woman will be there for you when nobody else will...

I think you mean dog
Posted By: HenryCoHunter

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:18 PM

Nah...I meant woman. That is if you got a good one.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:24 PM

That sis in law needs to kick rocks and tend to her own business
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 08:38 PM

I had the same issues with 2'sister inlaws ,,,I stood my ground
with them and my fiance and reminded her that our lives together
Would forever mean we make our decisions with out our families input.
The first time was tough ,,, once they saw no matter what I spent hunting
I always took good care of there sis they left me alone!
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/10/17 09:38 PM

In her assessment deer meat is way too expensive. She said, with what I spend on hunting, deer meat must be $1000 or more per pound.
I said, "Yes dear, you're right. But its cheap compared to what I'm having to pay for P***Y"!
classic
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/11/17 09:45 AM

One of the best stories/statements I've ever heard on this subject, of women questioning how much money we spend on hunting. I think it was Chris Eberhart on the MeatEater podcast, who said he was in the process of having a new home built, and he told his wife that he would make a deal with her - she could take 15% of the total cost of the home to spend on whatever furnishings for the house she wanted, but he never wanted to have another conversation about how much he spent on deer hunting. She took the deal with no questions asked.

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/11/17 10:03 AM

I reload 7.62 x 54R. Free brass from the range, free lead from work.Primers on sale $4.99 per 100 =.05 cents.Powder 7000gr divided by how any grains used for various cartridges.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/11/17 10:13 AM

I never run the numbers. Can't put a cost on priceless.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/11/17 03:09 PM

LMAO at Out back!
Posted By: Jlu509

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/11/17 03:15 PM

I choose to avoid doing the math. Truth be told, she spends hers and I spend mine. It works.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 08:13 AM

I had a real bitch of a SIL years ago. The day she became my X-SIL, I was a happy man.
Posted By: James

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 08:42 AM

1,600 plus is not bad at all, hell i could've purchased a brand new decked out crew side bye side with what i've spent the last 3 seasons
Posted By: hosscat

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 09:11 AM

I don't think about it. When my wife and I got married we structured our budget so that we both get a weekly "allowance" that we transfer from our joint account into our individual personal accounts. We can do what ever we want with our personal accounts, mine is spent nearly entirely on hunting, fishing, tractor, and shop stuff. I have no clue what my yearly total is and I don't want to know. It makes me happy, relieves stress, and my son loves to go with me. Basically its priceless.

I have bought some land that we are both paying for, but she understands that there is timber value, and its an asset we can leave for our children so she is good with it.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 10:03 AM

There is no way I am figuring up how much I spend on deer hunting.....no way!
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 07:19 PM

$700.00 dues and gas. That's it. Everything else is paid for and has been for several years.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 08:09 PM

I told mine a long long time before we got married that hunting and fishing were my life and if she ever wanted rid of me to just nag me about it or tell me I couldn't go. She has never said a single bad word about me going hunting or fishing or what I spend on it. She also knows that if I didn't hunt or fish, I wouldn't have anything else to do other than sit around and be an asshole.

You should have went Doyle Hargreaves on her sister when they were distastefully talking about your therapeutic pasttime. Let em know you mean business and they will bury those bad thoughts deep inside and never let them out again.

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 08:19 PM

This is to clarify the Doyle Hargreaves reference in the previous post. Warning, this video is not safe for work, church, women, children, or dogs.

Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 08:25 PM

my hunting maff no good
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 08:29 PM

You know better than to talk to me like that Linda. I'll knock the piss outa you
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 08:39 PM

Hope you don't own your own business cause you're not at the +$1600 mark... My hunting expenses are not added up but, my wife knows I buy LOTS of stuff. In buying another adjustable sight soon, she just caught me, lol. I am saving $40 though. I get a whole cow elk for the freezer next week. I just gotta pay $8.00 to swap my archery tag over to a damage tag.

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: tfd1224

This is to clarify the Doyle Hargreaves reference in the previous post. Warning, this video is not safe for work, church, women, children, or dogs.

I think Every time you and I go fishing all we do is quote sling blade. "I believe one feller was form Arkansas "

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 09:06 PM

I saw a shirt that said " My only fear is when I die my wife will sell my hunting stuff for what I said I paid for it" .

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: mandeerpig

Originally Posted By: tfd1224

I think Every time you and I go fishing all we do is quote sling blade. "I believe one feller was form Arkansas "

Mmm, get it?
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/12/17 10:14 PM

my first EX wife started in on my hunting/fishing soon after we were married. I told her I would be hunting a long time after she was gone if she kept on about my hunting. Still hunting, she's still and Exx wife.
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Cost of Hunting - 10/13/17 12:51 AM

I'm scared to figure mine. I don't really want to know just how far in the hole I do go.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM