Aldeer.com

Feels good....

Posted By: joshm28

Feels good.... - 09/16/17 07:45 PM

To have seed in the ground! We got all of our plots finished today. Planted almost 8 acres. The plot we planted last Monday is already sprouted and up about 2". Big departure from last year.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Feels good.... - 09/16/17 08:30 PM

Yes it is. Folks that are getting plots up now need to monitor for armyworms as it warms up. Me included.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Feels good.... - 09/16/17 08:41 PM

I only got one seeded before Irma, but that rain was clutch.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Feels good.... - 09/16/17 08:43 PM

Just want to thank everyone in advance for getting started - we've needed some dry weather to get some logging done!!
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Feels good.... - 09/17/17 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
Yes it is. Folks that are getting plots up now need to monitor for armyworms as it warms up. Me included.

I agree but I think we may be close enough to cooler temps to be ok. Guess we will see. We planted several plots that are primarily in Brassicas so I'm curious to see how much additional growth we get by planting them 2-3 weeks earlier. Our deer will wear these plots out later in the year.

We will also go in and put the nitrogen to all fields around December 1st to boost them into the late part of the season.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Feels good.... - 09/17/17 11:42 AM

It was almost too wet for us yesterday, but we got it done.
Posted By: Zbrann

Re: Feels good.... - 09/18/17 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: turkey247
Just want to thank everyone in advance for getting started - we've needed some dry weather to get some logging done!!

rofl
© 2024 ALDEER.COM