Aldeer.com

Planted green field Saturday

Posted By: HuntingRealtor

Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 10:36 AM

I sure hope this rain falls slow and steady in Chilton County and this field gets to growing fast !!

Peas, rape, clover, wheat, radishes and more planted
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 01:35 PM

I almost planted this weekend, but I held off out of fear that the rain might be too strong and wash away most of my seed. Now I am wishing I had planted. It's pretty rare to get a guaranteed 2 in of rain in September.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 02:29 PM

Those who planted early this year are in good shape. Two good rains already and worms don't seem too bad this year.

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 04:31 PM

The last few years fields have struggled. This rain today is the perfect rain
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntingRealtor
The last few years fields have struggled. This rain today is the perfect rain

We went down a planted one plot today. Still several to go though.
Posted By: JCL

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 06:43 PM

Planted all of the club fields done this weekend, good moderate rain here.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: ALclearcut
I almost planted this weekend, but I held off out of fear that the rain might be too strong and wash away most of my seed. Now I am wishing I had planted. It's pretty rare to get a guaranteed 2 in of rain in September.

Yep, I'm kicking myself for not planting, but didn't have the time anyway.
Posted By: demp17

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 07:07 PM

all this wind should knock a lot of the acorns out of the trees a little ahead time I would imagine, so food plots should be great come later in the season.

I planted 1 little mountain food plot last week way back away from all the high yield row crops and the fact that it rained after I planted it is a miracle! Won't be 20' x 20' big but last year I had 14 different bucks come through it 2 of which my dad and I killed about 50 yards away from it. Hope for the same results this year!
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 08:14 PM

I went and picked up a couple bags of throw and grow yesterday. Knew the rain was coming and figured it would be a good time to try it. Tractor supply had the oat and radish blends marked down to $12
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 08:29 PM

Looks like you got that rain!
In Bham it seemed steady but as
heavy as I figured it would be.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/11/17 09:44 PM

Wish we could have planted ours. Gonna plant this weekend if if dries out enough, if we do it probably won't rain till November.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/12/17 06:29 AM

Planted all mine Sunday ahead of this rain. I got a nice thick layer of thatch protecting it and that should hold moisture for weeks. I pulled it back at my club before I planted and the soil was damp and it hadn't rained in well over a week.

Re: Planted green field Saturday - 09/12/17 11:58 AM

I am actually thinking of putting some stakes in the ground with ribbon or tape as a temporary "fence" to keep the deer out as long as I can so the field will have ample time to grow. The field is a little less than 1/2 acre.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM