Aldeer.com

Pull behind sprayer

Posted By: 40Bucks

Pull behind sprayer - 09/07/17 08:59 AM

Spraying less than 5 acres. Been toting hand pump sprayers for years but its a time killer. I do not have access to a four wheeler or buggy. I do have a pick up truck.
What sprayer attachment have you used that you would recommended?
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/07/17 09:16 AM

I use a four wheeler sprayer in the back of my yota. My son holds the fan nozzle as i drive. Works good and a lot cheaper then a pull behind.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/07/17 09:17 AM

Are your fields really smooth. If not you would have bouncing problems I would think. You could put a regular sprayer tank in your truck bed and rig a spray bar to your tail gate.Not much different from what I do with my Ranger.
Posted By: Cleckler

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/07/17 09:18 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought the sprayer below (model PLP4015-UTV 2") 4 years ago and LOVE IT!. I got the 40gal. model with the 2" receiver spray nozzle attachment. The single nozzle will spray about 10-15 feet on both sides of the truck while I drive through my fields or along fence lines. I did add longer pieces of hose for the hand sprayer and boomless nozzle. The pump had no problem with the extra length.

http://greatdayinc.com/products/spraying-equipment/plot-pro-sprayers/

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/07/17 09:28 AM

Cleckler,
That looks like a good option. How does it mount in the bed of your truck?

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/07/17 09:39 AM

It doesn't mount. Just throw it in the back when you need it. With 40 gallons of water it doesn't slide around much, but my land is very flat. It does have "feet" on the bottom that you could run a ratchet strap around to keep it next to the cab if you needed to.

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/07/17 09:43 AM

Sounds perfect. Our place is very flat also. Could probably rig up something to hold it steady.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/07/17 09:47 AM

I also use it to do all my lawn spraying now. Has saved me a good bit just doing that.
Posted By: NEbamahunter

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/07/17 10:32 PM

check harbor freight if you have some time to mod a solution. I've seen decent pull behind battery operated ones there with 10ish gallon tank that could be modified to hook to vehicle hitch.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/08/17 08:38 AM

Do not mess with the HF sprayer. Its only a 1gpm. Fine for spot spraying but be slow going for what you are wanting to do.

More $ but i think this one would be better. 3.8 gpm We have one like this and just added a longer hose to the spray bar after rigging a receiver hitch bracket to hold the bar up higher.
https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html...AyABEgIWXfD_BwE
Posted By: bama1157

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/08/17 08:46 AM

We mounted a spray bar across the length of the back bumper of an old pickup at the club, we have a 275 gallon tank in the bed with a electrical pump, it works great.

Re: Pull behind sprayer - 09/08/17 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: bama1157
We mounted a spray bar across the length of the back bumper of an old pickup at the club, we have a 275 gallon tank in the bed with a electrical pump, it works great.

So you just engineered one out of parts?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM