Aldeer.com

When do the White Oak Acorns

Posted By: skintback

When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/14/11 04:54 PM

begin to develope? I was at the camp briefly this morning and looked at a few trees. I didn't have my binoculars, but i didn't see any acorns on the trees I looked at with the naked eye.
Posted By: psefamily

Re: When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/14/11 05:16 PM

I'm not seeing any either. I've been wondering the same thing.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/14/11 06:12 PM

They are about half grown right now. They are definitely visible, but you need binocs to be sure if the tree has them or not. I've hunted white oaks the last 4-5 years in a row, which is the longest stretch I can remember them producing. I'm sure the next yr or 2 will be acornless, but, who knows. I haven't made my rounds yet to check. A lot of trees in my neighborhood have them, but they produce every year.
Posted By: bigbuck101

Re: When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/14/11 07:03 PM

If you dont have any on your trees now you wont have any this year, mine are loaded about 2/3 size developed.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/14/11 07:05 PM

Acorns in NW AL are visible with the naked eye. We have a great crop this year and it looks like they are going to be some of the largerst ones I can remember. The rains have really filled them out in the last month.
Posted By: truedouble

Re: When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/14/11 10:49 PM

checked 5 different white oaks at my farm and only 2 of the 5 had acorns. We had 0 white oak acorns last year. Not sure what the deal is. Our red oak and Mnt. Chesnut oaks are loaded again. This is in NE BAMA
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/15/11 12:01 AM

We have a great acorn crop, all species across the board, in NW AL.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/15/11 12:46 AM

Lots of White Oak acorns in Marshall County....at least where I've been looking.
Posted By: MTeague

Re: When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/15/11 01:45 AM

At our club in North Pickens County, what few we had, started falling the week before bow season opened. Some trees weren't falling til around the first of Nov.
Posted By: coon_killer

Re: When do the White Oak Acorns - 08/28/11 02:17 PM

yellow ones fall year round
© 2024 ALDEER.COM