Aldeer.com

Molpus Timber selling land in Baldwin County

Posted By: Cheaha

Molpus Timber selling land in Baldwin County - 07/24/17 03:39 PM

This land appears to be just south of the Perdido WMA. It sure would be a nice addition. I wonder if Forever Wild could swing this?

Birminghan Business Journal
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Molpus Timber selling land in Baldwin County - 07/24/17 04:31 PM

I doubt it. Bet it's extremely expensive.
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Molpus Timber selling land in Baldwin County - 07/24/17 05:25 PM

Forever Wild has plenty of money. I'm not sure if this is on their radar but they are well funded so a purchase this size is definitely feasible for them.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Molpus Timber selling land in Baldwin County - 07/24/17 08:41 PM

This would be a great addition for forever wild to acquire. This area is off the beaten path for Baldwin county really. Even though it is close to the interstate. Styx River is the mental cut off point for civilization around here. Historically it has been the happy hunting grounds of most Baldwin county residents and is likely to always be that way in people's minds. I have fond memories of ole Bill Wilson seeing a spike cross the road, then hollering on the VHF for dogs. Here comes Haness Browder. Get the standers set. Turn the dogs loose, within 20 minutes, that deer was on the ground. Yeah it was only a spike but back then nobody cared. It was the way the system worked that seemed to matter. A lot of folks around here still don't care how big they are. Just hunt. A 180lb deer in Baldwin county is a giant.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Molpus Timber selling land in Baldwin County - 07/24/17 08:51 PM

You got that right. All civilization ends at quailmans door! rofl
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Molpus Timber selling land in Baldwin County - 07/24/17 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: perchjerker
You got that right. All civilization ends at quailmans door! rofl

That's the south end of the Styx. They've never heard of civilization around there.
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: Molpus Timber selling land in Baldwin County - 07/24/17 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: slippinlipjr
This would be a great addition for forever wild to acquire. This area is off the beaten path for Baldwin county really. Even though it is close to the interstate. Styx River is the mental cut off point for civilization around here. Historically it has been the happy hunting grounds of most Baldwin county residents and is likely to always be that way in people's minds. I have fond memories of ole Bill Wilson seeing a spike cross the road, then hollering on the VHF for dogs. Here comes Haness Browder. Get the standers set. Turn the dogs loose, within 20 minutes, that deer was on the ground. Yeah it was only a spike but back then nobody cared. It was the way the system worked that seemed to matter. A lot of folks around here still don't care how big they are. Just hunt. A 180lb deer in Baldwin county is a giant.

lol, that's mid 80's talk...I'm sure we've crossed paths.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM