Aldeer.com

Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses

Posted By: ridgestalker

Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 08:24 AM

this year if you were born in TN. The info is in the new fishing guide and will be coming out in this years hunting guide.Jughead might come along and post a link for those it would apply to.It's going to save me $ 480 this year for me and my two daughters. thumbup
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 08:40 AM

Lucky Dog. thumbup
Posted By: Clem

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 08:56 AM

I guess they figure getting any amount of money via resident fees from nonresidents is better than no money at all, because giving up those nonresident fees seems to be an extreme measure.

They'll get to add any buyers to the rolls for federal aid, though, so that's a plus.
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 08:59 AM

If Georgia were to do that, it would give a heck of number of people from Lanett and Valley the opportunity to buy resident licences. The hospital was in West Point, Ga. Lol

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 09:06 AM

If it's a successful tactic, puts money in the agency coffers and the agency gets the annual federal return, it wouldn't be surprising to see other states try it. Revenue without a "tax increase."

Probably some real creative thinking going on in state agencies right now regarding licenses, permits, stamps, revenue and whatnot.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 09:13 AM

Mississippi has done this for a while, for lifetime license at least. It's still a lot of money though.
Posted By: Cheaha

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 09:24 AM

Montana has a similar provision for deer and elk tags for former residents. There are a few restrictions though.

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 09:27 AM

I don't think it's a bad idea. If you're born there and live elsewhere, and they offer a resident license, folks would be crazy to not take that offer.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: ridgestalker
this year if you were born in TN. The info is in the new fishing guide and will be coming out in this years hunting guide.Jughead might come along and post a link for those it would apply to.It's going to save me $ 480 this year for me and my two daughters. thumbup

Just curious if you're buying a resident license in the state you live as well?

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Clem
I don't think it's a bad idea. If you're born there and live elsewhere, and they offer a resident license, folks would be crazy to not take that offer.

Unless they buy a resident license in the state they're living in.

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 10:00 AM

Doesn't sound like there's an "either or" attached, though.

If an Alabama resident born in Tennessee could buy a Tennessee resident license, too, and thus hold two resident licenses, who's to say in Alabama that he couldn't do that? He's complied with all the Alabama residency requirements for his Alabama license. Tennessee offered their deal.

It's not prohibited - unless Alabama (or another state) says you cannot hold two resident licenses.

If so, that's when I'd talk with an attorney.

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 10:07 AM

I know its published for Washington, I think it is in Oregon. Makes sense that an individual can only have one resident license. That's why I was asking. I could see offering the license to those born there at a resident rate.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 10:11 AM

Would have saved me a whole lot thru the years. Non-resident license always hurt. Just another expense to add to lease expenses.

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 11:22 AM

It's called a native resident license. This is the first year for it.

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 11:31 AM

Sounds cool. Glad they're trying it.

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 02:33 PM

It's called a native resident license. This is the first year for it.

Yup, good deal. Since its not a resident license, there's gonna be a lot of happy hunters.
Posted By: nacho

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 02:45 PM

You have to provide documentation and fill out a form and be approved for the native resident license. I'll be faxing in my paperwork to TWRA tomorrow morning.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 03:33 PM

I just wish nonresident landowners could hunt their own property (that we pay taxes on) without cost.

I just finally gave up with the license and left.
Posted By: eskimo270

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Gotcha1
If Georgia were to do that, it would give a heck of number of people from Lanett and Valley the opportunity to buy resident licences. The hospital was in West Point, Ga. Lol
for some it would, some, like me, was born in Shawmut
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/23/17 09:49 PM

Maybe South Carolina will do that. I'd like to try some low country huntin'!

Dr. B
Posted By: Geno

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/24/17 11:46 AM

The low country has some of the biggest black bears in the world.

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/24/17 02:39 PM

If killing a giant black bear was my goal I'd probably hunt in the North Carolina coastal marsh area.
Posted By: gman

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/26/17 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: nacho
You have to provide documentation and fill out a form and be approved for the native resident license. I'll be faxing in my paperwork to TWRA tomorrow morning.
They'll prob wanna implant a chip too... wink
Posted By: Rockhound

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/27/17 06:14 AM

I hope bama follows suit
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/27/17 08:32 PM

He'll everybody knows people aren't born in TN, they is hatched.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/28/17 04:06 AM

If you were born within 2 miles of the state line and lived in the TN for more than 10 years does that count for anything?
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/28/17 06:41 AM

It sounds like it is a formality for us "native Tennesseeans" so long as the documentation is in order. I sure hope so!
Posted By: grundan

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/31/17 08:43 AM

Alder.com is a great source of info. Now I'm off to dig up my birth certificate and get my application filled out.
Thanks, link below

https://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/twra/attachments/NativeTNApp.pdf
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 07/31/17 01:09 PM

Wonder how that will affect landowner hunting permits. In TN, the landowner or immediate relative (husband/wife, son/daughter, brother/sister, etc) can hunt on the land with no license needed. I have one, as the son of one of the landowners, for our farm in Hardeman County, but per the landowner permit you must be a resident (granted, it's been about 10yrs since I've hunted there). Might give it another go if I can get an in state license (or better yet, none at all).

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 08/01/17 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: grundan
Alder.com is a great source of info. Now I'm off to dig up my birth certificate and get my application filled out.
Thanks, link below

I noticed it has a place for returning applicant. I assume your birth certificate will only have to be sent the first time? I paid almost $50 bucks thru vita chek to get mine and they wont take copies.
Posted By: TurningTwo

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 08/02/17 10:02 PM

I bought my Tennessee lifetime license prior to moving to Alabama over seven years ago. It's already paid itself off. Best money I have ever spent hunting wise. I'll be buying lifetime in Alabama before long.
Posted By: nacho

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 08/03/17 03:55 PM

Thanks, link below

I noticed it has a place for returning applicant. I assume your birth certificate will only have to be sent the first time? I paid almost $50 bucks thru vita chek to get mine and they wont take copies.

I am having to do the same thing with vitachek apparently the state of Tennessee doesn't recognize the fact that a notary verifies information and stamps and signs the documents. Once you send the original in do they send it back? Who knows?
I have been back and forth with TWRA via email over this last few days. The form says you can fax , mail, or email the documentation to them but now they have to have a original with the color seal and the only way they will accept it is by mail. Why put any other options on the form then? This process has been a hassle already but still will save me some money. How was the vital chek order go for you?

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 08/03/17 07:22 PM

Thanks, link below

I am having to do the same thing with vitachek apparently the state of Tennessee doesn't recognize the fact that a notary verifies information and stamps and signs the documents. Once you send the original in do they send it back? Who knows?
I have been back and forth with TWRA via email over this last few days. The form says you can fax , mail, or email the documentation to them but now they have to have a original with the color seal and the only way they will accept it is by mail. Why put any other options on the form then? This process has been a hassle already but still will save me some money. How was the vital chek order go for you?

It came ups in about a week.

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 03/01/22 01:31 AM

Posted By: foldemup

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 03/01/22 02:22 AM

Mississippi has the same thing for lifetime license. I have one. Pays for itself in 3 years. Well, I got it 15 years ago, so probably more expensive now.
Posted By: JA

Re: Ala residents can buy TN resident licenses - 03/01/22 02:29 AM

Heck yeah I was born in TN. Guess I need to find a place to hunt.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM