Aldeer.com

Fawns

Posted By: ikillbux

Fawns - 07/22/17 08:21 AM

Saw two does and two spotted fawns in my neighbors yard this morning, and the fawns were already pretty big. Anniston Alabama
Posted By: top cat

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 10:38 AM

Almost ran over a big spotted one this morning.
Posted By: PineStalker89

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 10:52 AM

I seen one 3 days ago. It had lost all its spots except right ago the top of its back and it's head still had markings. Considering it's July 22, I'm curious about opinions on when it was concieved. This was southern Limestone Co. To contrast that, I've had small spotted fawns on trail cam through September in NE Morgan Co. 2 years ago.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 12:14 PM

I SAW one yesterday afternoon close to my house.. Full of spots

jefferson county( hueytown)
Posted By: Geno

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 12:54 PM

Yep - it's about time. I haven't seen any but I haven't been where I would expect to either.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 04:55 PM

They will be dropping heavy at lowndes wma in a couple weeks
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 08:10 PM

I bush hogged one June 15. Saw one yesterday spots nearly faded. Our rut is very early up here. Weirdly early
Posted By: 270_Cal

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
I bush hogged one June 15. Saw one yesterday spots nearly faded. Our rut is very early up here. Weirdly early

You bush hogged a fawn!?!?!?!? Or do you mean you jumped one while bush hogging?
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 09:29 PM

I ran right over top of one is what I mean this time. Was in waist high grass no way to see down in it. No matter how hard you look. I've shredded them before plenty of times. But this one just got a scratch. I moved him to the hedgerow but he still died.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: PineStalker89
I seen one 3 days ago. It had lost all its spots except right ago the top of its back and it's head still had markings. Considering it's July 22, I'm curious about opinions on when it was concieved. This was southern Limestone Co. To contrast that, I've had small spotted fawns on trail cam through September in NE Morgan Co. 2 years ago.

Use this. You have to estimate the age of the fawn you saw to determine when it was born, but this will get you close.

http://gestationcalculator.com/other/deer-pregnancy-calculator
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: Fawns - 07/22/17 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
Originally Posted By: PineStalker89

Use this. You have to estimate the age of the fawn you saw to determine when it was born, but this will get you close.

http://gestationcalculator.com/other/deer-pregnancy-calculator

That's pretty cool. I about ran a fawn over last weekend at camp that couldn't have been more than 2 weeks old. Originally thought it was a baby pig when I first spotted it in the grass. Coincides with the dates we historically see heavy chasing in dec.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Fawns - 07/23/17 02:36 PM

We are still a long way from seeing fawns born around here.
Posted By: 3Gs

Re: Fawns - 07/24/17 09:11 AM

Saw one in my yard (Jefferson County), Saturday afternoon. Very very small, but was out walking with a Doe.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Fawns - 07/24/17 09:14 AM

"usually" won't travel with the doe till 2-3 weeks old.
Posted By: okfuski

Re: Fawns - 07/24/17 09:16 AM

We road around in Tannehill state park last wed and saw three in there.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Fawns - 07/24/17 10:06 AM

Does are still swolled up and pregnant here. They won't drop for several more weeks. Our rut usually peaks around Jan 20....give or take.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM