Aldeer.com

Virtual sign out board

Posted By: skintback

Virtual sign out board - 07/21/17 06:17 PM

Does anybody use an electronic version of a signout board for a club? Does it work well, reliable? We're leasing some new land and the camp is in the middle of the property and there is 2 ways in. Trying to eliminate driving all the way in to camp, back out to hunt and back in to sign out before heading home.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/21/17 06:31 PM

We have two sign in boxes. The property has two sections separated by a few miles of highway. Everyone has to sign out at the main box. If you go to the far section, you sign out at the main box to record you went to the section down the road. When you get to the section down the road you sign out for your stand in that section. If works really well if you decide to change your mind when you get to the far section.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/21/17 06:35 PM

If the layout of your property will allow something like this then it might be worth considering.

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/21/17 06:40 PM

All the property is accessed by two gates on opposite sides. 2 boxes won't work for this
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/21/17 07:21 PM

How many folks you got in your club? Would a group text work?
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/21/17 08:08 PM

We use the Virtual Sign In Board.

https://www.virtualsigninboard.com/

We have 6 members and it works great for us. Last year was the first year with in and we had no problems. It also has lots of bells and whistles to play with.

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/22/17 07:57 AM

Glad to see someone using the virtual sign in board and can give some feedback. A group text will work, but I'm wanting something more organized.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/22/17 12:17 PM

10-fo, driver. Good luck with it.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/27/17 10:49 PM

Good grief Charlie Brown.
Does anyone remember hunting without cell phones and star trek gadgets?
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/28/17 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Out back
Good grief Charlie Brown.
Does anyone remember hunting without cell phones and star trek gadgets?
Yea, I wish I could transport myself back to the Early 1980's when I was a kid and We could hunt just about anywhere We wanted to and there were No high tech gadgets other than a CB radio.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/28/17 09:58 AM

We pin a map at Camp house seems to have worked well since the 1980's with no real problems.
Posted By: mcfack

Re: Virtual sign out board - 07/31/17 07:18 PM

Half our members are retired and use flip phones so this would never work. Plus no cell service at our club. Laminated Map with dry erase markers will work flawlessly until the 2nd coming.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Virtual sign out board - 08/01/17 06:29 AM

I have flashing under our map and we use different colored magnets to mark where we're hunting.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM