Aldeer.com

Privet

Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Privet - 07/14/17 05:48 PM

I hate chinese privet.. I mean like i wish it was extinct. Stuff aint no count. Tard uh lookin at it. Cant even scout for this nasty crap.. It is everywhere, an it is depressin as heck. Im just tired of it. I dont know who broght it here but if i findeem we gone prolly fight. Anybody else just disgusted with this stuff
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 06:10 PM

I like it about as much as yaupon.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 07:29 PM

Yep it's awful and just about impossible to get rid of
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 08:01 PM

Deer love it and it is a high protein food source.

After cutting many acres and spraying the stumps with gly I'm not a fan either.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 08:06 PM

I killed my biggest buck yet in the middle of a thick privet thicket feeding in it. Find the entrance and exit routes into it.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 08:12 PM

I hate the stuff and would love to kick whoever brought this headache in the nuts till my leg gave out
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 08:42 PM

Someone on here had the idea of how a scientist needs to come up with a hybrid between privet and white oaks. Only problem is there would be acorns everywhere all year.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 300gr
I hate the stuff and would love to kick whoever brought this headache in the nuts till my leg gave out

That and whoever brought in mimosa and freakin KUDZU!
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 09:15 PM

I hate it but it holds deer on our property.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 10:51 PM

I hate kudzu a lot worse, but yeah, it's everywhere.

Re: Privet - 07/14/17 11:39 PM

I dont think it would bother me as bad if theyre was some here and there... But it dominates marshall co. I mean theres no such thing as a hardwood bottom around here theres just privet thicket over here an over there an right over yonder an so on an so forth until basically you cant even walk into the woods anymore. Shameful no doubt
Posted By: Wadenthebushes

Re: Privet - 07/15/17 08:28 PM

Makes for some good honey though.
Posted By: Wade

Re: Privet - 07/15/17 08:40 PM

He beat me to it. The only good thing I know of is good honey.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Privet - 07/16/17 03:28 PM

It does make good honey. If you rubba dozer or disturb diet anywhere on your property, it will show up there too.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Privet - 07/17/17 09:30 PM

It aint no fun draggin' deer out of it, but having said that, I have killed an assload of deer coming into and going out of privet including a 146" buck. Deer absolutely love it. Privet is my goto and most guys never mess with it.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Privet - 07/18/17 09:47 AM

It's really not that hard to kill once you get the big mature plants out of the way, the small ones that come back up are easily controlled with readily available to everyone chemicals.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Privet - 07/18/17 10:24 AM

The big ones are easy to kill using a hack n squirt technique with gly. They die and crumble pretty quickly too. You could probably kill it and then run a fire through to clean it up...It may burn really hot though so I'd be prepared for a fire piped straight out the pits of hell if you do light up a bunch of dead, dry privet.

Re: Privet - 07/18/17 11:35 AM

Public land or itd be ded already
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Privet - 07/19/17 07:35 AM

I've killed 2 turkeys on a tract of land because of privet. There are 2 small patches about 100 yds apart and thick privet between. Both times I spotted the gobbler in the front patch and used the privet as a screen to slip to the back patch and call him to it. Only benefit it's ever given me.

I hate privet, but not as bad as kudzu and wisteria.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM