Aldeer.com

Interesting in South Carolina this Season

Posted By: Clem

Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 05:23 PM

Happened to be checking a few things and jumped on the South Carolina DNR site.

This year deer are required to be tagged at the point of kill before moving. Nothing new there, other states do it.

However, SCDNR is mailing its physical tags to license-holders OR you pick them up at the SCDNR offices. Other states do this, too, of course. But this is new for South Carolina.

http://dnr.sc.gov/deertags/index.html
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 06:06 PM

What? No way that will work without a phone ap. and a harvest log. smile
Posted By: quailman

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 06:47 PM

Good thing I hunt my South Carolina deer at night.
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 07:04 PM

I'm from SC and there are a lot people with sand in their vags over this.
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: quailman
Good thing I hunt my South Carolina deer at night with a cooler of beer!

Fify!
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 07:09 PM

What really hurt was when they dropped down to only 3 turkeys. Was 5. You talk about upsetting folks...
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Fify!

Somethings go without saying. Just saying
Posted By: quailman

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Fify!

You two sonofa's!!
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 09:24 PM

Seeing as I'll be moving there soon, I've been reading up on this on one of their forums. Lot of folks are upset about it. I have hunted Missouri before and we had physical tags. Didn't seem like that big of a deal to me to slap it on before you gut the thing. We have the harvest form and telecheck here in NC which I think isn't all that bad. It is a little annoying to have to sit on the phone punching buttons for a few minutes but still not as bad as having to drive to a check station like some states.

Now the whole no hunting on public land on Sunday in NC and SC really chaps my azz. Private land hunters can go on Sunday but us unwashed masses that only have public ground can pound sand according to the powers that be. Makes about as much sense as wiping before you chit.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 09:38 PM

It's a social deal, not having to ever do this before. Just like here.

I wish I had enough money to take a DNR to court for Sunday hunting prohibitions. They're not based in biology. It's nothing more than appeasement to the religious folks and that's 100% BS.

Let's say you have 3 months of deer season. Guy has a job M-F from 8-5, can't go during the week. So his 12 two-day weekends to hunt are cut in half because of Sunday bans. Of those 12 Saturdays to hunt, you know he'll probably only go a third of the time due to whatever other family stuff is going on or possibly the weather or other unexpected things.

So the guy who LOVES to deer hunt may get to go four times, maybe five, all year. He doesn't see anything. Or he sees a small buck, and has to decide whether to shoot it and listen to the unending bulldoodoo from the "Can't believe you shot that! We cain't have no good deers because of slobs!" jackwads who think he should have passed it up "so it'll grow big!" or because of state antler point restrictions. Or he doesn't shoot it, because it's not what he wants to shoot, and then finds out a few hours later at the WMA parking lot that the guy 150 yards away over the ridge shot it.

Yeah, Sunday hunting bans are super.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/13/17 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem
It's a social deal, not having to ever do this before. Just like here.

I wish I had enough money to take a DNR to court for Sunday hunting prohibitions. They're not based in biology. It's nothing more than appeasement to the religious folks and that's 100% BS.

Let's say you have 3 months of deer season. Guy has a job M-F from 8-5, can't go during the week. So his 12 two-day weekends to hunt are cut in half because of Sunday bans. Of those 12 Saturdays to hunt, you know he'll probably only go a third of the time due to whatever other family stuff is going on or possibly the weather or other unexpected things.

So the guy who LOVES to deer hunt may get to go four times, maybe five, all year. He doesn't see anything. Or he sees a small buck, and has to decide whether to shoot it and listen to the unending bulldoodoo from the "Can't believe you shot that! We cain't have no good deers because of slobs!" jackwads who think he should have passed it up "so it'll grow big!" or because of state antler point restrictions. Or he doesn't shoot it, because it's not what he wants to shoot, and then finds out a few hours later at the WMA parking lot that the guy 150 yards away over the ridge shot it.

Yeah, Sunday hunting bans are super.

Yep. And I bet all the factory/ swing shift guys, or guys with government jobs love it. It's cuts down on weekend warriors by 50% and the shift workers can hunt weekdays and the government guys can probably hunt every weekday since they get a bazillion days off per year.
Posted By: James

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/14/17 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Fify!

You two sonofa's!!
rofl
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/14/17 12:25 PM

It'll happen here one day. Poor ole Eddie will probably have a heart attack when it does.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Interesting in South Carolina this Season - 07/17/17 09:16 PM

Good thing I hunt my South Carolina deer at night.

Classic!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM