Aldeer.com

Gander Mountain

Posted By: beeline08

Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 08:44 AM

Normally Gander Mountain is to rich for my blood on most of their merchandise. Their liquidation sale is going on and there are some really good deals to be had. Most all of their hunting stuff is %50 off. I went in yesterday and figured they would be getting close to selling out since this has been going on for a while. I was wrong. They must have warehouses full because they are constantly putting new stuff out. Just wanted to give anyone who normally stays away a heads up.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 08:51 AM

I hit it myself yesterday, lots of hunting clothing. So much cheap clothing that I had to just quit looking and get out of there before I went broke

Posted By: jono23

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 10:27 AM

Any deals on boots? I need new boots this year.
Posted By: beeline08

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 10:31 AM

The one in Florence had some good deals on boots. All hunting boots are %50 too. I got me a pair of Rocky snake boots half off.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 10:34 AM

I went to the one here in pcola yesterday and it's a damn joke. The only deal to be had is on the high dollar under armour camo. I resisted the temptation
Posted By: pcola4

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 12:29 PM

Too dang high. That's probably why they are going out of business anyway.
Posted By: woodleyrd

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 12:50 PM

June 28th is last day for Montgomery store. Everything will be sold at some price, nothing will be transferred to other stores.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: woodleyrd
June 28th is last day for Montgomery store. Everything will be sold at some price, nothing will be transferred to other stores.

Good to know guess I'll be hitting them up next week
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: jono23
Any deals on boots? I need new boots this year.

Most of the good boots sold fast ... There are a few left

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 01:13 PM

last day to purchase guns in Montgomery is June 25th
Posted By: Reptar

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/19/17 10:13 PM

Tuscaloosa has rage Xtreme broadheads for 18 a pack. I stocked up! They put out more stock each day it seems, these were no where to be found in there yesterday. Also I bought last 3 HD ratchet straps yesterday on the shelf. Today they had two more entire boxes out. I guess they put limited quantities out at a time to encourage purchasing, making customers think it's get it now or could be gone.
Posted By: otdrnt

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/22/17 04:19 PM

The Gander in Huntsville has a lot of boots available. I checked it out yesterday.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/22/17 05:23 PM

They marked shells down yesterday

Buddy of mine bought all of the BlackCloud 3" they had at $10/box

130 boxes or so I think.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/22/17 06:56 PM

What about pistol ammo?

They sell boats? Like the pelican 2 man?

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/22/17 07:00 PM

Boats and Kayaks have beeeeeen sold out
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/22/17 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: jbc
Boats and Kayaks have beeeeeen sold out

Huntsville had canoes and Kayaks yesterday or maybe it was the day before. Either way, they've had some this week.
Posted By: MC21

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/22/17 07:46 PM

montgomery is out of everything just incase any one was wondering
Posted By: Fleahopmayor

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/23/17 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: MC21
montgomery is out of everything just incase any one was wondering

Yes I was wondering...So you are saying there is no need to make a trip there tomorrow?
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/23/17 01:22 PM

The whole Huntsville store was "30%-60% off"....except for the ammo and a whole bunch of other chit. Not to mention that even at 30% for most everything, it still isn't as cheap as where you can get it elsewhere. Walked out without a damn thing. If I knew nobody would be hurt in the process, I would pray for it to burn down so I'm never tempted to go back.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/23/17 01:44 PM

Are they selling all the fixtures, benches, shelves, racks, clothing racks and such?

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/23/17 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem

Are they selling all the fixtures, benches, shelves, racks, clothing racks and such?

Yes

Price on everything
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/23/17 04:38 PM

Had my son run by the GM in Hattiesburg last night. They are way behind all the other stores as far as markdowns go. Most stuff is still 10-20% off there but that just gets the close to normal prices everywhere else.
Posted By: GHTiger10

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/23/17 05:09 PM

Auburn store said that they were reopening under a new name soon that had Gander in it. They would not sell any fixtures said the new store would need it.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/24/17 07:56 PM

Went in the Opelika store today, Irish setter boats where around 80 bucks regular price around 170
Posted By: bigt

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/24/17 08:08 PM

Mobile's store is ransacked.....not much left.
Posted By: hgmike

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/24/17 10:13 PM

Went in the one in Huntsville today. Guy in there with a cart full of stuff bragging about the good deal 30 percent off was. Sadly 30 percent made it equivalent to other places on some of that stuff.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/24/17 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: bigt
Mobile's store is ransacked.....not much left.

Very true and taking cash only. Great place to go if you want to buy some retail shelving.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/25/17 12:01 AM

the tuscaloosa store still has a fair amount of stuff but most of it is overpriced junk
Posted By: DeerTracker

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/25/17 07:28 AM

Bought pair of camo pants last week at Opelika store for $20 which were 50% off their regular price. Found same pants on internet for $27 at Southern Sportsman.
Ammo was 20% off but same price as any others.
Let buyer beware.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/25/17 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By: DeerTracker
Bought pair of camo pants last week at Opelika store for $20 which were 50% off their regular price. Found same pants on internet for $27 at Southern Sportsman.
Ammo was 20% off but same price as any others.
Let buyer beware.

found some .40 ammo in there marked $24.99found it online for $10
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/25/17 12:52 PM

For those of you that can't find anything at Huntsville GM, just send your wife. They'll find $482 worth of chit to buy. I haven't spent that much in 10 years at that store.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/25/17 02:49 PM

You could have bought a new bow for $485.
Posted By: Mowens

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/25/17 09:01 PM

I hit the mobile store today. Selective buying found lots of good deals. But if your not careful even at 90% off somethings are higher then retail anywhere else. 12Ga ammo was 4.50 a box and 300aac was 10.00 so decent prices.

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/25/17 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem

You could have bought a new bow for $485.

Yeah, but he is going to look so stylish in those pink boots.

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/26/17 06:49 AM

have to watch them!!! In Montgomery I caught them raising the retail prices as the discount percentage got higher. Brought this up to the "manager" he played stupid!!! If the prices are in the computer, why do you need to put yellow stickers on merchandise?
Posted By: James

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/27/17 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Mowens
I hit the mobile store today. Selective buying found lots of good deals. But if your not careful even at 90% off somethings are higher then retail anywhere else. 12Ga ammo was 4.50 a box and 300aac was 10.00 so decent prices.
Nothing left but a handful of garbage. Don't know why their even gonna be open 2 more days lol...
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/27/17 03:32 AM

Picked up a min kota 70lb thrust powerdrive V2 for $500 thought that was a fine deal.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/28/17 06:01 PM

Got a Boss Buck decoy at the Montgomery location for $8.50. not sure if I'll hunt with it but it will look cool staring at me in the man cave. Plus little man is getting his deer skinning practice!

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/28/17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Powpow65

Got a Boss Buck decoy at the Montgomery location for $8.50. not sure if I'll hunt with it but it will look cool staring at me in the man cave. Plus little man is getting his deer skinning practice!
That boss buck will probably scare off every buck deer in Bama lol.

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/28/17 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: James

No doubt, Im thinking about setting it out in front of a trail camera for a couple weeks just to see what happens
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/28/17 06:20 PM

See if you can talk you're local GW into buying it for the state

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/28/17 06:36 PM

I'd say $8.50 was a fair price for that.

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/28/17 06:45 PM

I bought some under armour speed freek Bozeman boots for $54 in Huntsville today. Regular price was marked up to $149. There is alot of Hunting stuff marked down 60% off. I just don't NEED any of it.

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/28/17 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum

See if you can talk you're local GW into buying it for the state

Heck no with my luck I'd be the one caught shooting it while driving down the road at night or something. Not that I would normally do something like that lol

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/28/17 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: James

No doubt, Im thinking about setting it out in front of a trail camera for a couple weeks just to see what happens
That's a good idea
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/28/17 07:24 PM

Bought a pair of uninsulated Danner Pronghorns for $63 at the Huntsville store today. They have a lot of clothes and footwear left.
Posted By: deerhunter_1

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/29/17 09:06 AM

I was at the Pensacola store yesterday. It looked fully stocked. I think it was 20-30% off right now. I just turned around and walked back out.. Need to wait a few weeks when they really start the mark downs.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/29/17 01:21 PM

Do y'all know what day the Huntsville store closes down for good?
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/29/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: deerhunter_1
I was at the Pensacola store yesterday. It looked fully stocked. I think it was 20-30% off right now. I just turned around and walked back out.. Need to wait a few weeks when they really start the mark downs.

Yes it's rediculous
Posted By: deerman24

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/29/17 02:18 PM

30% ain't no deal. they are 40% higher than everyone else.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/29/17 02:57 PM

Florence store had some good deals. 40% off all archery products including bows and crossbows, up to 60% off on hunting clothing.

Guns, ammo, and shooting merchandise was 20% off which means it's at a reasonable price since Gander was always 15-20% high on those items at least.

Depends on the store I suppose as to the level of discount.
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/30/17 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Claims Rep.

Lady I talked to said they won't know til the last minute. Every week they get new trucks in to unload and sell whatever they can everything has to go.

Re: Gander Mountain - 06/30/17 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: buckbrush

Originally Posted By: Claims Rep.

Lady I talked to said they won't know til the last minute. Every week they get new trucks in to unload and sell whatever they can everything has to go.

Thanks for the info. I may try to go by there tomorrow.

Re: Gander Mountain - 07/01/17 10:50 PM

Well I went over to GM today and several things - more importantly I saved a fair amount of money too. I bought a couple pairs of gloves, Carhartt camo jeans, GM-brand wool under shirts to hunt in, NAP Broadheads, Buck Bomb dominant buck piss, and several other items. I made out like a bandit by finding things that were on sale, and then 60% off the sale price. Good deals on everything I bought. thumbup

I was told by a GM employee that they expect to be open until sometime in August, and of course there'll be bigger markdowns closer to their closing date, but obviously it'll be a dwindling selection.

Ammo was marked down 15% for handguns, and 25% for shotgun/rifle. They had no hunting stands at all. I didn't see any bows either. Guns were still there, and some were marked down a bit, but nothing too drastic. Their boot selection sucked as far as rubber boots go, but there were quite a few leather pairs to choose from.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Gander Mountain - 07/01/17 11:05 PM

You look at any fishing stuff? Wondering what they got and if any deals.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Gander Mountain - 07/02/17 09:47 PM

I bought some scent kliller for 10 bucks, a rain jacket(119.00) for 48 bucks and a under armour insulated shirt for 38. Opelika store
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Gander Mountain - 07/02/17 11:00 PM

Brother in law went in Auburn store got several deals.
I need to check one out and see if any thing on my wishlist
Is in stock.

Re: Gander Mountain - 07/06/17 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: AC870
You look at any fishing stuff? Wondering what they got and if any deals.

I never even walked to that side of the store.

Re: Gander Mountain - 07/08/17 05:54 PM

rsm88 and I went to the one in Tuscaloosa today. There weren't a ton of great deals, but we both got a few things. They had some good deals on boots, but nothing I was looking for. Ended up getting some cheap light up nocks, they seem to work fine.
Posted By: BearVenue

Re: Gander Mountain - 07/09/17 10:52 AM

Scopes are 30% off. I bought a Vortex Diamondback for $139. Regular $199 which is the price I see at most other outdoor stores. They had a nice selection.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM