Aldeer.com

Research question...

Posted By: Chancetribe

Research question... - 06/13/17 02:30 PM

If it was possible and all or many of your game camera pictures were in one location, how many of you would see value in sharing your game camera pics with people of your choosing? You could choose which camera(s) pictures would be shared and who to share them with.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Posted By: centralala

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 02:43 PM

I see no value in showing pictures from my camera to anyone. Only problems.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 02:50 PM

You should always lie about any knowledge of a big buck or any longbeard
Posted By: MC21

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 03:21 PM

I've never even seen a buck on my trail cameras haha
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: ronfromramer
You should always lie about any knowledge of a big buck or any longbeard

^^ or duck holes.
Posted By: StoneMan

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 03:56 PM

I haven't seen a buck deer since 08'
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 04:04 PM

I always share mine. I even tell my guys where the cameras are and how to hunt the bucks I've got pics of.
I'm obviously doing it wrong.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 04:26 PM

I share mine, in the hopes people will quit shooting 2 yo 120 inch deer if they know there are some 140-150 inch deer on the property.

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
I share mine, in the hopes people will quit shooting 2 yo 120 inch deer if they know there are some 140-150 inch deer on the property.

And there lies the problem. I'm the only one legally hunting these properties unless I carry a kid. Sharing photos would be begging for night hunting and poaching. Its happened before and never again. I've learned the hard way.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dBmV
I always share mine. I even tell my guys where the cameras are and how to hunt the bucks I've got pics of.
I'm obviously doing it wrong.

Me too........
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 06:25 PM

I'll tell them about the dang turkeys.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 07:05 PM

The main value that I see is helping identify a "hit list" where only the designated bucks (or bigger bucks that may not be on camera) are taken. This can be a big benefit if you're trying to implement a management program where only mature bucks are killed. A lot of management efforts fail because guys are not all on the same page. Sharing pics can help guys get on the same page. It can also help fellow hunters hold out for more mature deer once they know what's else is lurking on the property.

Disclaimer: I don't run cameras. I used to back when you had to actually have the 35mm film developed but I haven't done it since cameras went digital. If I did run cameras, I would share the pics with our members in hopes of having members hold out for the older bucks.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 07:31 PM

Most peoples trail cam pics are in one location, their phone or computer. Its their choice if they share them. I share my bull elk pics with 1 hunter, my son, and 2 non hunters. Now if a monster shows up on one, ill have to think about sharing.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Research question... - 06/13/17 08:01 PM

I didn't see any deer today. grin
Posted By: capehorn24

Re: Research question... - 06/14/17 05:24 AM

If you couldn't share some pics with people of your choice, you need to get new people to share the pics with.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Research question... - 06/14/17 07:14 AM

only folks I wont share pics with are the ones thay I think will be tempted to night hunt them.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Research question... - 06/14/17 08:37 AM

I show my pics to everyone I hunt with. But I've never taken a picture of a buck over 140" so no body cares to poach where I hunt. Biggest one I've had pics of in the last five years I killed and he only went 132"

Re: Research question... - 06/14/17 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: capehorn24
If you couldn't share some pics with people of your choice, you need to get new people to share the pics with.

I dang sure wouldn't show you. grin
Did you ever see the picture Gene had. Guess that deer made it or we would have heard about that one.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Research question... - 06/14/17 11:46 AM

I guess I don't understand your question.

How does it it pertain to research?

What factor of benefit pertains to "ALL your cameras being in one location"?

Why would I have all my cameras on one spot/location? Does the word location mean greator than 1 acre, 2 acres, 1000 acres?

I don't see any value to me, sharing pictures with other people, other than being specific on what deer I wanted (as landowner) to be shot, or what deer to be specifically left alone on my property.

As for research, you already started out poorly with a non specific question left open to interpretation. I think your going to get a poor results due to your margin of error and validity.

laugh

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: capehorn24

Re: Research question... - 06/15/17 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: centralala

Did you ever see the picture Gene had. Guess that deer made it or we would have heard about that one.

Now I know where I stand. eek

No never saw any pics from Gene.

Re: Research question... - 06/15/17 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: centralala

Now I know where I stand. eek

No never saw any pics from Gene.

Its as big of set of antlers I've ever recall seeing in this county. I'll have to look again but what he showed me I remember as a 160" deer. I told him to tell you he got the picture around his house but his son got the picture around where he lives. Its a good enough buck to make me get out of bed and go hunting and quit riding back and forth where you're hunting.
Posted By: QDMAV8R

Re: Research question... - 06/15/17 01:30 PM

What????? They have cameras that take pictures of your deer and you don't have to be holding the camera. What will they think of next? lol.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Research question... - 06/15/17 02:23 PM

We have about 9 texting cameras out on our club. They all send to a club email address for viewing by all members.

Three are on hog traps and the others on plots.
Posted By: hunter84

Re: Research question... - 06/15/17 03:52 PM

Our club shares the pictures and creates a "shoot list" and a " NO shoot" list. Seems to help, so that the smaller bucks gets to grow a little longer.
Posted By: bholmes

Re: Research question... - 06/16/17 09:03 AM

I share pics with the guy I hunt with, helps us to know what we are going after. That said, I am not sharing pics with the neighbor... Until he kills the deer (like usual) then I send the pics on over and go weep quietly in the corner for a while.
Posted By: booth2

Re: Research question... - 06/16/17 10:47 AM

What pictures?? lol
Posted By: Chancetribe

Re: Research question... - 06/16/17 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BOFF
I guess I don't understand your question.

How does it it pertain to research?

What factor of benefit pertains to "ALL your cameras being in one location"?

Why would I have all my cameras on one spot/location? Does the word location mean greator than 1 acre, 2 acres, 1000 acres?

I don't see any value to me, sharing pictures with other people, other than being specific on what deer I wanted (as landowner) to be shot, or what deer to be specifically left alone on my property.

As for research, you already started out poorly with a non specific question left open to interpretation. I think your going to get a poor results due to your margin of error and validity.

laugh

God Bless,
David B.

I said all of your game camera pictures in one location, not all of your game cameras in one location.

Your answer of "I don't see any value to me, sharing pictures with other people, other than being specific on what deer I wanted (as landowner) to be shot, or what deer to be specifically left alone on my property." is great information for what I am trying to find out.

Thanks for all of the replies so far.

Jeremy
© 2024 ALDEER.COM