Aldeer.com

how many per acre

Posted By: extreme heights hunter

how many per acre - 05/25/17 10:57 AM

I want to plant soy beans and maybe clay peas this weekend. how many per acre?
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 11:04 AM

Ditto except I'll be doing it next weekend. Wanting to know as well.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 11:17 AM

I used feed seeds and put 50 lbs per acre. It worked out fine.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 11:40 AM

You need to see how many seed per pound in the bag. Not sure if you will get a 50lb bag or a unit. If it comes in a unit you want to shoot for about 180k seeds per acre. If it's a 50lb bag I would try for 75lbs per acre. I usually try to go a little heavier rate of seed if I broadcast it in good moisture if there is no rain in the forecast. Not all beans will get covered and some will be on top of the ground.
Posted By: slim68

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 03:14 PM

Learned last year unless you are planting a big field, electric fence is a must. We planted four plots RR beans all the same way, the only one that produced had a fence around it. they got waste high.
Posted By: BradB

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 03:30 PM

I plant a bag an acre. I just broadcast so don;t get into seed counts but that has made a great bean field for me. Throw in 7 lbs acre corn and its better.
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 03:56 PM

Stick with ICP as it tolerates browsing better than soybean. It does well if it has something to climb such as sorghum. A good blend is 50# ICP + 10# WGF sorghum/acre in well prepared seed bed. Top sew, lightly drag and cultipack. Reduce seed rate 25-30% if using a grain drill.

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 04:29 PM

Decided to go with throw and grow. Thanks for all the replies
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Only you would. slap

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 10:28 PM

Took all damn day but somebody finally seen it. And wtf you mean only I would?
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 10:33 PM

Throw and grow outta your ass. Crazy if you use that method. I'd go half a bag to 3/4 bag to an acre and plant sunflowers or sun hemp for it to grow up. 50# per acre is thick for peas and soybeans.

We planted 800#'s of iron and clay with sunflower and corn and 400#'s of Chufa two weeks ago and with all this rain and it's looking damn good right now!

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 10:36 PM

Lol it was a joke. Avalanche257 told me earlier today to go with sunhemp. That's the plan

Re: how many per acre - 05/25/17 10:40 PM

Lol it was a joke. Avalanche257 told me earlier today to go with sunhemp. That's the plan

Well you suck at making jokes. smile

Re: how many per acre - 05/26/17 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Well you suck at making jokes. smile

Nah you haven't been here long enough to understand the joke.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: how many per acre - 05/26/17 10:25 AM

Throw and grow outta your ass. Crazy if you use that method. I'd go half a bag to 3/4 bag to an acre and plant sunflowers or sun hemp for it to grow up. 50# per acre is thick for peas and soybeans.

We planted 800#'s of iron and clay with sunflower and corn and 400#'s of Chufa two weeks ago and with all this rain and it's looking damn good right now!

I've been broadcasting iron and clay peas and grain sorghum mixed at 25 lbs/ac with 8 lbs/ac wgf sorghum and its done exceptionally well when the deer leave it alone, 2 acre plots rarely survive but 4 acre plots normally do well.
I plant chufa at 40-50lbs/ac by itself, chufa does not like competition

Re: how many per acre - 05/26/17 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: ronfromramer

I've been broadcasting iron and clay peas and grain sorghum mixed at 25 lbs/ac with 8 lbs/ac wgf sorghum and its done exceptionally well when the deer leave it alone, 2 acre plots rarely survive but 4 acre plots normally do well.
I plant chufa at 40-50lbs/ac by itself, chufa does not like competition

I agree with you on the Chufa. We are very fortunate we have wide roads and alot big load up zones to go along with our fields so we don't have to mix split our fields up when planting. We plant the load up zones in the Chufa and spray before we plant. Occasionally we have to spray them later on depending on how bad the weeds get. I'd like to see them start mixing sorghum in there but I don't make the decisions.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM