Aldeer.com

Next season dates are up

Posted By: slippinlipjr

Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 03:01 PM

Here's the PDF.. Linky

Looks like we will have the longest season we've ever had in my lifetime. Bow season starts Oct 14th....unless they change it.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 03:07 PM

no 10 day archery only season in December?
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 03:10 PM

Doesnt look like it. Harvest data (haha) must have indicated we are not killing enough deer in AL so they gave us the longest season ever.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 03:13 PM

I still don't get the buck only days to start of bow season
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 03:17 PM

If I read that correctly there are only 20 days of rifle/doe hunting in Jackson Co on private land ... Nov 18 to Nov 26 and Dec 22 to Jan 1.

Also, only 11 days on public land (No November)

Zone C
Posted By: MC21

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 03:22 PM

I guess they will have opening day of Bow season on a Saturday from now on?
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: MC21

No, they only do that when the 15th falls on a sunday. They've done it before.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 03:47 PM

Just noticed that all of Wilcox county is considered special permit only for dog hunting. Does anyone know the requirements for obtaining that permit?
Posted By: MC21

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: teamduckdown

No, they only do that when the 15th falls on a sunday. They've done it before.

Oh did not realize that
Posted By: top cat

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 04:02 PM

Dam
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: mauvilla

Fawns are too young to lose their mommas
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: slippinlipjr
Originally Posted By: mauvilla

Fawns are too young to lose their mommas

So there are more mommas to be killed by the muzzleloaders and gun hunters opening week of gun season through Thanksgiving and till the end of gun season. You know got to save some does for next year so make it easier to kill them this year!!
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocket62
If I read that correctly there are only 20 days of rifle/doe hunting in Jackson Co on private land ... Nov 18 to Nov 26 and Dec 22 to Jan 1.

Zone C

Jackson and Eastern Madison are zone A looks like. They have the As in other states . rolleyes Didn't know Alabama had zones in other states.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 08:00 PM

More of the same old crap......
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 08:15 PM

I'm past the point of caring about deer (doe) regs. I'm actually gonna enjoy sitting back and watching the ending to the train wreck.

Hunting costs skyrocket / hunter satisfaction plummets / participation fades. Bring it on.

But, but, but.......we let people have the opportunity to shoot, shoot, shoot. You know, keep it fun. Brillliant!!!

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: turkey247
I'm past the point of caring about deer (doe) regs. I'm actually gonna enjoy sitting back and watching the ending to the train wreck.

Hunting costs skyrocket / hunter satisfaction plummets / participation fades. Bring it on.

But, but, but.......we let people have the opportunity to shoot, shoot, shoot. You know, keep it fun. Brillliant!!!

^^^^^^ this
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/08/17 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: bigt

^^^^^^ this

When are they gonna post the bear season dates?
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/09/17 06:45 AM

Wow, a bonus buck. I guess thier trying to get people back to hunting the management area's.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/09/17 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: Rocket62

Zone C

Jackson and Eastern Madison are zone A looks like. They have the As in other states . rolleyes Didn't know Alabama had zones in other states.

Thanks for catching that ... Wide open for us that hunt Jackson Co. next season. Heck if this trend of expanding the season keeps up I may end up divorced
Posted By: Clem

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/09/17 09:01 AM

Think I'll fish more next autumn and winter.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/09/17 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: blumsden
Wow, a bonus buck. I guess thier trying to get people back to hunting the management area's.

Yeah, make the hunting there even worse. I've never heard anyone complain the WMAs aren't crowded enough as is.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/09/17 10:18 AM

"SEASON: It shall be unlawful for any person, after having received two written warnings from a Conservation Enforce- ment Officer, to allow a dog for the purpose of deer hunting to enter onto, cross, or remain upon property of another."

It's not unlawful until you do it twice AND get caught twice. rofl slap

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/09/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Originally Posted By: bigt

^^^^^^ this

When are they gonna post the bear season dates?

Not nearly soon enough:)
Posted By: AC870

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/09/17 07:45 PM

I want to book a trip with BigT when they post the bear dates.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/11/17 04:40 PM

Bait???

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/11/17 04:56 PM

Quote:

Definitely. Heck, I'd like to drive down for a day or two just to look at some.

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/12/17 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:

Definitely. Heck, I'd like to drive down for a day or two just to look at some.

I might have to start BigT's bear tours. It could offset my lease prices wink
Posted By: Smells

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/12/17 07:03 PM

I've only ever seen black bears hunted on tv. Does anyone ever hunt them any other way than to sit over the top of a drum full of bait?
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/12/17 07:20 PM

They shoot at them from ATV's on that Alaska The Last Frontier show

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/13/17 10:53 AM

Quote:
I've only ever seen black bears hunted on tv. Does anyone ever hunt them any other way than to sit over the top of a drum full of bait?

Yes, with hounds. Bait or hounds are the most effective way to hunt them. A lot of people sneer and ridicule the bait setups, but it's a great way to give the hunter time to possibly see multiple bears, learn to judge size, see if a sow may have cubs and those sizes, and decide whether to shoot or pass on potential bears.

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/14/17 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:

Yes, with hounds. Bait or hounds are the most effective way to hunt them. A lot of people sneer and ridicule the bait setups, but it's a great way to give the hunter time to possibly see multiple bears, learn to judge size, see if a sow may have cubs and those sizes, and decide whether to shoot or pass on potential bears.

From my experience if you plant a nice food plot they will come and usually about the time you want deer to show up lol
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/14/17 09:02 AM

they are hunted spot and stalk in clearcuts out west and in Canada in the spring.

I've dog hunted bear in Nm. It was boring..boring..boring..scaryasallhell....
Posted By: top cat

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/14/17 10:33 AM

Got some buddies up around Tellico Plains TN that chase them with dogs in the Smokey Mountains. They kill a few each year on 9 day hunts but you gotta be in shape. No way I could do it but it is cool.

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/14/17 12:10 PM

Quote:
they are hunted spot and stalk in clearcuts out west and in Canada in the spring.

Although I wouldn't have problems about hunting over bait piles, mainly to most easily see (hopefully) multiple bears to gauge sizes, I think the spot-and-stalk out west would be more fun and challenging. Would be damned tough, though.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Next season dates are up - 05/14/17 03:43 PM

Corn
© 2024 ALDEER.COM