Aldeer.com

Bankhead hunting and camping

Posted By: roadkill

Bankhead hunting and camping - 05/07/17 09:57 AM

Looking for pointers and suggestions on hunting in Bankhead next year. i generally know my way around the Sipsey Wilderness area and have hiked and camped there many times but have never deer hunted there. I have a small camper and would like to go and hunt several days at a time. Am also retired except for a couple of days a week. Help me plan this out for next year. I can bow or gun hunt.

thanks
Posted By: longshot

Re: Bankhead hunting and camping - 05/07/17 02:17 PM

Take your camper there before the season opens stay a couple days and walk as much of it as you can. Keep good notes on what you find and where. Once you have gone through a place with good sign stay out of it. Have the exact tree your going to climb already picked out. Go in early.stay on the ridges. There are deer there but theRe is not as many as people think, pigs are the same way.

Re: Bankhead hunting and camping - 05/07/17 03:45 PM

Good info - thanks
Posted By: AC870

Re: Bankhead hunting and camping - 05/07/17 10:29 PM

I've been over there a time or 2.
If I had time to burn like you, I'd be sure to hunt the muzzleloader hunt before gun season starts. I'd stay all week.

Re: Bankhead hunting and camping - 05/08/17 06:00 AM

Originally Posted By: AC870
If I had time to burn like you, I'd be sure to hunt the muzzleloader hunt before gun season starts. I'd stay all week.

Great suggestion - thanks
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Bankhead hunting and camping - 05/08/17 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: roadkill
Originally Posted By: AC870

Great suggestion - thanks

True, but remember, pics from those hunts were spread far and wide. That hunt will be covered up this year.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Bankhead hunting and camping - 06/30/17 10:21 PM

Bit of advise. Dont waiste your time there. Go to skyline. Way more deer and better walking, visibility and plenty of land. You will hunt bankhead for days and not even see a bird or squirrel. Its Like a ghost town. Gets depressing.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM