Aldeer.com

Montana Elk tag results out

Posted By: TickaTicka

Montana Elk tag results out - 04/25/17 02:37 PM

Anybody else heading to big sky country this fall?
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/26/17 09:06 AM

Nope, sticking with my Oregon archery hunts. I purchased my tag the 1st week of January. Good luck
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/27/17 03:22 PM

Colorado here, second rifle over the counter but cant wait. Have a new tent that is awesome for this year. We are looking forward to the 11 days off the grid no cell phones, or computers, just camp, hunt, eat going to be awesome.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/27/17 03:35 PM

OTC license and off the grid sounds fantastic.
Posted By: TooTall

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/28/17 10:41 PM

My brother and I both drew a rifle tag. My 2nd time out there, his first. We're hunting Halloween week.
Posted By: Painter

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/29/17 06:22 PM

Drew general combo tag. We hunt in early sept.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/30/17 06:50 AM

Got my tags for WA a few days ago and now the wait till OCT 1 for fun to begin

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/30/17 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: deadeye48
Got my tags for WA a few days ago and now the wait till OCT 1 for fun to begin

East or West?

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/30/17 01:32 PM

West right on the Canada border

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/30/17 03:52 PM

West right on the Canada border

I'm guessing Roosevelt's?

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/30/17 05:11 PM

No we'll be on RME.. the Roosevelt are more over towards the coast

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/30/17 05:19 PM

Now I see why you asked about Roosevelts .. my bad completely.. we will be hunting the east side of the state up near Canada.. sorry for the confusion .. I guess my mind was hunting out west and not thinking the east side of the state

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/30/17 05:23 PM

Now I see why you asked about Roosevelts .. my bad completely.. we will be hunting the east side of the state up near Canada.. sorry for the confusion .. I guess my mind was hunting out west and not thinking the east side of the state

No sweat, good luck. I'm starting to prep. I'm out of shape I found out the other day, lol.

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 04/30/17 05:27 PM

Man I'm coming from AL and 300' above sea level going to WA and starting at 3500' above se level.
I'm already in the weight losing stage and will start walking with a high altitude mask soon
We will be up in the Selkirk area
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/03/17 11:40 PM

I drew a New Mexico mule deer tag this year. Didn't put in for elk. But I think next year I'll see if I can draw an Archery elk tag. I'm fortunate that I don't have any extra cost other than fuel to get there and back. Rooming and board and "guide service" is free (family who lives there). Will be fun to hunt with my dad and brother.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/04/17 06:21 AM

You guys will have some amazing trips, whether you score or not. All Alabama deer hunters should take a trip out west to experience a different type of hunt.
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/04/17 06:44 AM

I bought another preference point in CO, WY. Also applied for mule deer and white-tailed deer tag in western KS.

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/04/17 10:48 AM

MT elk/mule deer combo. I'll be down in SW MT for the rifle opener in late Oct.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/04/17 06:50 PM

Man I'm coming from AL and 300' above sea level going to WA and starting at 3500' above se level.
I'm already in the weight losing stage and will start walking with a high altitude mask soon
We will be up in the Selkirk area

When we went elk hunting in Idaho we were hunting the east side of the Selkirks. We went up to Saddle pass right on the Canadian border or a few days and never cut a track in the snow. We went back down to my buddy's house and hunted the rest of the trip there. Beautiful country but very rough and thick. We were in Bonners Ferry and I can't tell you there is no air up in them mountains. It took about 5 days to get acclimated. I think he said his house was at around 10k ft. I may be wrong. I know if you back the 4wheeler out the shed and face it down the driveway and put it in neutral you could do 45 mph goin down that mountain. Lol. Also saw the biggest moose of my life on his driveway. Estimated him to be 65" wide. Bigg arse animal.

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/11/17 01:06 PM

Last November in the Bitteroot at right around 9500 feet. Wild, free country out there.

Didn't see an elk this day but did see a bunch of bighorns on the opposite face.
Posted By: bama1157

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/12/17 08:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Shotts
Colorado here, second rifle over the counter but cant wait. Have a new tent that is awesome for this year. We are looking forward to the 11 days off the grid no cell phones, or computers, just camp, hunt, eat going to be awesome.

Looks like I will be doing the same thing this fall out of Capulin CO. We will be staying at a ranch but hunting on our own on their property and the national forest.

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/13/17 05:07 PM

I folded and gave up $8 for a premium elk tag draw application in my unit here in Oregon. Only 1 tag so slim chance but, it wouldn't count against my archery tag which I already have. 3 months with any weapon would mean death to a mature bull for sure.

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/23/17 03:50 PM

So I heard last night that for the first time in history, MT general licenses for out-of-state were rejected for about 100 applicants. I think they give out something like 8K out of state tags.

Crazy.

Anyway, I'm sure there will still be some OTC tags since many applying for premier units won't get drawn and will put their general tag back in the pool.

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/23/17 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: TickaTicka
So I heard last night that for the first time in history, MT general licenses for out-of-state were rejected for about 100 applicants. I think they give out something like 8K out of state tags.

Crazy.

Just means more people applied than what their set quota for the year is... Keep the hunters outta Oregon,lol

Re: Montana Elk tag results out - 05/23/17 09:37 PM

I just called the info line. Big game deer/elk combo was sold out and as of 5/8, elk was still available.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM