Aldeer.com

Chilton County Deer Hunting

Posted By: Chiefdog

Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 01:50 PM

Looking at some property to lease in Chilton County around Maplesville. I have never hunted in the area. Yall have any thoughts about the quality of deer and turkey hunting there?
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 02:22 PM

Deer, pretty good potential. However, there are no turkeys in Chilton Co
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 03:15 PM

It depends on the location and neighbors. There are places with a good population and places everything that moves is shot at.
Posted By: Mascot

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 03:37 PM

Agree with turkey neck. Have hunted there on and off. My folks have a farm there and everything that's brown gets shot at. We could have decent deer around their place and have seen them in the past but they don't stand much of chance getting too big
Posted By: trox28

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 06:48 PM

If you're looking at 100 acres right off 183 save your money.It borders National Forest and from past experience any private land that borders National forest is a damn headache and the deer stay nocturnal.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 07:40 PM

In general, because you can't be specific about the whole county, the deer hunting is average to slightly above average. Nothing to get too excited about. Turkey hunting however, is above average in the areas I am most familiar with in Chilton County.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 08:38 PM

I use to have a great place on waxahattchee creek . Huge bucks and good Turkey population. The problem was the meth monkeys. They stole everything in the house several times ,broke all the windows for sport. Heck they cut a whole in a butler Building and hot wired our tractor drove it right thru the garage door .
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 08:40 PM

Maplesville is a good area just have to have good neighbors
Posted By: hayman

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 08:43 PM

I am in the area just south of Maplesville a lot and the deer population is not that great but has a few turkey.

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: mandeerpig
I use to have a great place on waxahattchee creek . Huge bucks and good Turkey population. The problem was the meth monkeys. They stole everything in the house several times ,broke all the windows for sport. Heck they cut a whole in a butler Building and hot wired our tractor drove it right thru the garage door .

There is no great place on Waxahattchee creek. Few bucks and no turkeys but full of meth heads. Everything will just walk off.
Posted By: Breadwinner1

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 09:05 PM

Just joined a club off 182 near waxahatchee,glad to hear good deer there

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Breadwinner1

Not again! slap What happened to that great property in verbena and down in Deatsville?

Well I guess this kinda confirms my statement! rolleyes
Posted By: trox28

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/23/17 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: hayman
Originally Posted By: Breadwinner1

Not again! slap What happened to that great property in verbena and down in Deatsville?

Well I guess this kinda confirms my statement! rolleyes

slap
Posted By: modoc_333

Re: Chilton County Deer Hunting - 04/24/17 09:47 PM

I hunt just east of Maplesville. Plenty of deer, a few big ones. There are turkeys, most just are pretty quiet on our land. not all though. my father-in-law shot a very vocal gobbler 2 weeks ago.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM