Aldeer.com

Shooting houses for bowhunting

Posted By: HBWALKER14

Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/17/17 08:24 PM

Anybody built shooting houses that you can bowhunt out of? I've seen some that have the verticle windows on the sides, but they are outrageously expensive. if you have some pics please post them. Thanks fellas
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/17/17 08:31 PM

With all the cutover to 10 year old pine trees there are these days, someone could probably market a good bowhunting shooting house and sell the crap out of them.
Posted By: CAL

Re: Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/17/17 09:46 PM

Get you some windows from deerview windows and build your own. They make a very nice product.
Posted By: mman

Re: Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/18/17 06:28 AM

Originally Posted By: CAL
Get you some windows from deerview windows and build your own. They make a very nice product.

I'm very happy with their windows. They would be easy to install vertically.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/18/17 07:06 AM

A few years ago I designed one with three walls that lean out 22 degrees at the top. The back wall was still vertical. We never built it but I made some drawings and demensions.
It really wouldn't be hard to build and should function well for a bow or crossbow.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/18/17 09:00 AM

I plan on winning lottery and buying 8 or 10 of these. I got in one at expo. Super nice

https://natureblinds.com/products/treeblind
Posted By: Moodyc24

Re: Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/18/17 11:00 AM

I build them, call me at1 (205) 499-4067
Posted By: Reptar

Re: Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/18/17 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: mman
Originally Posted By: CAL

I'm very happy with their windows. They would be easy to install vertically.

I have bought multiple sets of their windows. Their customer service is great as well.. Last year they shipped a set that was broken during delivery. I was headed to Dallas a few weeks later for the AL vs Mich St. game and asked if they could swap them out. They were going to be closed but offered to leave me the replacement set outside their shop. No questions asked.. I left the broken windows there but it was never terms of the exchange. Very pleased with their product and service.
Posted By: Blessed

Re: Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/18/17 01:40 PM

Creative Aluminum in Jasper makes windows with the solid hinge across the bottom that are really good windows and quiet .
Posted By: Breadwinner1

Re: Shooting houses for bowhunting - 04/19/17 04:45 PM

My cousin made 2 last year.there msde out of plywood in a circular paterern was5x6 with 3side widoows and one widow was a standard gun window.they were very cool looking.some how he cut the top and bottom out of a half moon and framed them in a circular pattern.then lft the widoows about 18 inches wide and 2 ftlong.he said when he got through he had 300 in each pf them. They were very impressive.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM