Aldeer.com

Gunsmith for a trigger job?

Posted By: ALarcher

Gunsmith for a trigger job? - 03/20/17 10:12 AM

Anyone know of a good gunsmith around Birmingham to do a trigger job? Someone with some knowledge of Steyr would be preferred.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Gunsmith for a trigger job? - 03/20/17 10:41 AM

You might want to contact Steyr directly at their office in Bessemer. They do a ton of work there.

Address: 2530 Morgan Rd, Bessemer, AL 35022
Phone: (205) 417-8644
Posted By: Kevinpmac

Re: Gunsmith for a trigger job? - 03/20/17 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem

You might want to contact Steyr directly at their office in Bessemer. They do a ton of work there.

Address: 2530 Morgan Rd, Bessemer, AL 35022
Phone: (205) 417-8644

Excellent advice. Steyr triggers are unique. I only let a very qualified Steyr gunsmith touch mine.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Gunsmith for a trigger job? - 03/21/17 08:12 AM

I adjusted mine down to 1.5lbs. It's not hard to do yourself but if you don't feel like you can handle it with confidence, don't mess with it.
Posted By: Kevinpmac

Re: Gunsmith for a trigger job? - 03/22/17 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: slippinlipjr
I adjusted mine down to 1.5lbs. It's not hard to do yourself but if you don't feel like you can handle it with confidence, don't mess with it.

Is it a Steyr you are adjusting? Asking because I had a slam fire on one of my Steyrs that was set at 2 lbs and it forced me to get educated.

There is a very detailed trigger adjusting instruction manual put out by Steyr that qualified Steyr gunsmiths have access to. I have a copy but swore on my right nut that it would never be shared.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Gunsmith for a trigger job? - 03/22/17 06:56 PM

Yeah I did it myself a long time ago when I first got it. My father showed me how to do it. I have a good amount of travel on the trigger though. Never take the safety off unless your about to shoot.
Posted By: BamaBart

Re: Gunsmith for a trigger job? - 03/29/17 01:49 AM

I've adjusted several Steyr rifle triggers. The owners manual will tell you what you need to know. Unless it's a target rifle, you don't want it too light.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Gunsmith for a trigger job? - 04/03/17 02:05 PM

If you ever adjust any trigger yourself,bump the butt several times on the floor, tap the action with a rubber mallet,work the bolt hard several times,do all this while moving the safety on and off. Basically do everything possible except pulling the trigger to see if it will accidentally shoot. Even after all that never trust the safety and always only point the loaded gun where it could fire without doing any harm.
Posted By: 280AI_HAMMER

Re: Gunsmith for a trigger job? - 04/04/17 10:15 PM

Marks outdoors has a gunsmith
© 2024 ALDEER.COM