Aldeer.com

Is it possible?

Posted By: joshm28

Is it possible? - 02/14/17 11:46 AM

To regulate deer harvest (does) by using the Game Check numbers? Yes we have discussed this several times but is this scenario possible?

Do we have an idea of how many deer/square mile we have BY county. Could we then take the number of harvested (killed, lol) by county to determine the ratio then make a decision based on that number?

For instance there were 2.1 deer killed per square mile in Fayette county. If the herd numbers in that county = 10/square mile then we killed 20% of the population. What % of the population did predators take? Another 20%? Lower?

Just curious how the state plans on using the data and this scenario came to mind.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Is it possible? - 02/14/17 11:50 AM

3 more years of Game Check, followed by 5 years of studies, followed by 3 years of tags, followed by more studies and they will be glad to tell you they need more information.....
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Is it possible? - 02/14/17 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: timbercruiser
3 more years of Game Check, followed by 5 years of studies, followed by 3 years of tags, followed by more studies and they will be glad to tell you they need more information.....

Hard to disagree with. One thing is certain. They won't please everyone.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Is it possible? - 02/14/17 01:50 PM

How do you harness a deer and why would you want to regulate it?
Posted By: snakebit

Re: Is it possible? - 02/14/17 02:12 PM

I heard they are going to give tags based on the number of kills you average over the first 3 years of gamecheck.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Is it possible? - 02/14/17 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: snakebit
I heard they are going to give tags based on the number of kills you average over the first 3 years of gamecheck.

Lol stir the pot much?

Re: Is it possible? - 02/14/17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Lol stir the pot much?

Aldeer is one big cauldron, and we all have our oversized wisks.
Posted By: AUstan23

Re: Is it possible? - 02/14/17 07:38 PM

Lol stir the pot much?

True

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: AUstan23

Lol stir the pot much?

True

It's what makes this place great.
Posted By: JayHook

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 09:05 AM

You can't make any rational decision with crappy, half-cocked data...
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 06:35 PM

Never mind.
Posted By: jmj120

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 09:03 PM

Chuck says 3 bucks are enough for anyone... Ok. Here's my idea. If 3 bucks are enough, then the rich arse doctor that's chairman of the CAB who runs off to other states and shoots deer, then he can only shoot 3. I mean, 3 is enough, right? A feller kills one in Texas, one in Mississippi and one in Alabama is done. Chuck said 3 is enough for anyone.......
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: jmj120
Chuck says 3 bucks are enough for anyone... Ok. Here's my idea. If 3 bucks are enough, then the rich arse doctor that's chairman of the CAB who runs off to other states and shoots deer, then he can only shoot 3. I mean, 3 is enough, right? A feller kills one in Texas, one in Mississippi and one in Alabama is done. Chuck said 3 is enough for anyone.......

I have often thought the same!

Funny how a little thought will expose the hypocrisy of someone's 'stance' on an issue.......

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Hogwild

Funny how a little thought will expose the hypocrisy of someone's 'stance' on an issue.......

I just wonder where the number 3 came from. Did Chuck just dream it up? Then he has the gall to say "we may give them another buck" That little comment along with his "entitlement" comment makes my blood boil.

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 09:20 PM

I just wonder where the number 3 came from. Did Chuck just dream it up? Then he has the gall to say "we may give them another buck" That little comment along with his "entitlement" comment makes my blood boil.

Well........we are 'his' people....... LOL

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 09:29 PM

Well........we are 'his' people....... LOL

That's his opinion I think. Lots of folks on the Facebook deer hunting feed discussing it. Chuck doesn't seem to have a lot of fans. Maybe he just has the right fans.......

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 09:30 PM

That is all that really matters in our setup.
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 10:22 PM

The 3 buck limit was imposed (2007) before Mr.Sykes came into office(2011). So how does he get credit for it?

Re: Is it possible? - 02/15/17 10:30 PM

Who said he proposed it??
You are not hiding very well, ya know.
Pick your topics more carefully! LOL
© 2024 ALDEER.COM