Aldeer.com

Trespasser: Updated

Posted By: LetOff

Trespasser: Updated - 01/23/17 02:15 PM

Whats the proper procedure when encountering a trespasser. How can you identify said law breaker ?
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 02:18 PM

Turn GPS indexing on your phone on then take lots of pics when you meet up with them ... Take to the GW, all the info needed to convict them will be in the pics

I personally wouldn't risk a jail sentence on a $100 camera ... just sayin wink
Posted By: hayman

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 02:39 PM

No way I would risk missing with a pistol. Use your rifle!
Posted By: Gary08

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 05:36 PM

I wish somebody could answer this. It is a good question. I figured the bhamFred fellow would know or any other leo we have here.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 05:41 PM

Step 1. Hold them at gun-point with the safety off.
Step 2. Kick them in the balls over and over and over and over.
Step 3. Break at least one knee and one elbow.
Step 4. Kick them in the balls over and over and over and over.
Step 5. Call LEO's and tell them that you found an injured hunter and please send paramedics.
Step 6. Kick them in the balls over and over and over and over until you hear sirens.
Step 7. Go get back into your stand and hope that the LEO's, Paramedics, and sirens will run a deer past your stand.
Posted By: PineStalker89

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Game Hunter
Step 5. Call LEO's and tell them that you found an injured hunter and please send paramedics.
Step 6. Kick them in the balls over and over and over and over until you hear sirens.
Step 7. Go get back into your stand and hope that the LEO's, Paramedics, and sirens will run a deer past your stand.

Now that is Seven Steps to success!
Posted By: tbest3

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 08:04 PM

One of the best pieces of advices one could receive.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 08:50 PM

You left out a step.
Strip him naked and whip him with saw briars.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck

You left out a step.
Strip him naked and whip him with saw briars.
And that is supposed to be AFTER the all-important step of keeping said trespasser in a years old, abandoned well for a few weeks, all the while ordering him to "put the lotion on it's skin, or it gets the hose again".
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 08:59 PM

I can tell you what I usually did when I was off duty. I let em get as close as possible, stood up or stepped out, rifle or shotgun on them, and in a loud voice told em to sit down. I them took their gun and told em show me some ID. Rarely had one argue or refuse to follow LOUD DIRECT voice commands. Then I would write em a ticket and tell em leave and not come back.

I caught two fellas on morning right at first light turkey hunting as they climbed the bank of the Tombigbee from their boat to poach. 20 yards off the river bank as they drew even with me I told em that was far enough in a LOUD COMMANDING voice. I told em to put their guns down. Front guy whispers something to the other guy. I punch the safety off LOUDLY and tell him I have 3" mag #2s aimed his way and will cut his stupid ass in half. He put the gun down. He wanted to know if I was going to call a GW..well no I wasn't. LOL Wrote em, made em call the boat in and wrote him and told em get going.

I was guiding a fella one morning on a fairly large property. Landowner was "supposed" to be on the other side of the place, guiding someone else. We were maybe 200 yards from the property line when someone shot less than 100 yards from us, towards the line. I took the fellas gun and started towards the shot. He asked if I wanted him to go , I said hell no, I don't want any witnesses. As I crept up the hill I spotted a buck kicking maybe 30 yards in front of me. I belly slid closer, head down. I saw someone coming, and stood as they reached the deer...SHOUTING "GET ON THE GROUND". Landowner and fella he was guiding hit the dirt. LOL Seems they decided to come over by us without telling us, forgot where we were, saw a deer and shot it. Never was any question after that about what I would do if I found a poacher...

and I damn sure ain't advising any of ya'll to do it my way. It can be dangerous and you better be damn prepared to follow thru. Scares the chitt out of the poachers though...they NEVER come back.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/23/17 11:15 PM

Confidence, calmness and assertiveness go a long ways!!!
Especially when you have the drop on em...... lol
Posted By: chevydude2015

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 10:23 AM

What are you legally allowed to do if you catch a poacher on your property?
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 10:25 AM

I've been wondering this myself. Can you legally draw down on someone?
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 12:09 PM

Tar n feather his ass

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 01:53 PM

I've placed a call to my local GW, talked to the lady answering the phone because she asked the situation. She said that he would probably want to come down there and work the area and catch them himself.
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I told her I got three good 8 pointers and one big 10pt on camera and I didnt want him roaming around there, especially when I'm taking off to hunt here the last 2 weeks. My goal is to kill these deer, not run them off trying to catch a worthless poacher, thus the reason for my call. I'm not asking for his help physically, how is the law in my favor and what can I do legally.
She said she will relay the message and he will definately call me back today.

Will keep you updated on his take of the proper procedure when encountering a poacher said trespasser.

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 03:16 PM

First, I got the info on contacting my GW here:
http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=529784

So my local GW called me back. Super nice guy but not many suggestions I didnt already know or that I thought would help me but I appreciate his input. Here's my convo:

Me: I've caught trespasser on my land by trailcam, no front pic, just back as they have walked away. I'm at location x and own x acres of land. What can I do to identify him/them if I run up on them? I'm smart enough to know pulling a gun could get me in serious trouble.

GW: First thing I would do is call the game watch line (1-800-272-4263) because a game warden will answer this line always, may not be me but he will contact me immediately. If possible, leave them hunting and we'll go in and get them.

Me: What if I run up on them ? Ask for id and they refuse.

GW: Well, they have to be identified in order for the warrant to be issued. You could take pic or video with cell. As long as we get a face, there's a good chance we can identify them. Then we can arrest them with the warrant.

GW: Do you know where they are coming from ? (He starts naming land marks so I know he is very familiar with the area)

Me: Yes (and I tell him)

GW: That is going to be coming from x hunting club and I am familiar with them. (He spoke like they were not familiar with him). Here's what I suggest you do and I know you have had a couple trail cams stolen. Put your trail cams up high where they will not be seen easily from the ground, most are caught this way. All I need is a face and I'll be able to identify them, issue the warrant and arrest them.

Me: What is the penalty for first time offense being caught on my property ?

GW: Well, the offense is actually called "Hunting without permission" and carries an arrest and a $1000 fine, its pretty stiff and for a reason. If by chance you do run into them, call that number I gave you, we can be there very quickly and will catch them. They will not do it again, I can promise you that. The other thing I can do is work the area but you tell me you dont want that because I'll ruin your hunt this coming 2 weeks so I cant do that.

Thanked him for his time, he gave me another number I could contact him if I couldn't reach him from the one he was calling me from.

There ya go, straight from the horses mouth.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 03:26 PM

Sounds like he's told you all that he can do with you not wanting him on your land.

You have to decide whether you potentially want a shot at those deer, or want the trespasser caught. Keep in mind, the trespasser could kill all 3 deer and not get caught if you decide you don't want the GW to keep watch.
Posted By: jsh1904

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: LetOff
I told her I got three good 8 pointers and one big 10pt on camera and I didnt want him roaming around there, especially when I'm taking off to hunt here the last 2 weeks. My goal is to kill these deer

Honestly, you have no right to complain about poachers if you aren't willing to let the GW help.

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 04:17 PM

I'm hoping what I just did doesn't get analyzed to death (scolding me), I wont react very well to that.
I didn't call for his physical help, I called to find out what I can do, looking for suggestions in how to identify a trespasser. I made that clear to him right off the bat.
I got the answer and figured as much. I first posted for answers and examples for me and now posting for others interested in the correct answer from GW himself because sooner or later, one of us might run up on someone on our land and need to know. Even though we all took it in humor, pulling out a gun in any situation means someone has a great chance at seeing Jesus sooner than they expected.

Your absolutely right about them killing the deer and its a chance I'm willing to take cause I'm due for a big buck. Believe me, when I discovered my cam was stolen on my Sunday hunt, I've searched deep in my heart about what to do.

But if a shot goes off in the next two weeks starting friday, they'll be caught.
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 04:22 PM

If you don't let the GW catch them this hunting season you will have the same problem next season.
Posted By: mman

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 04:51 PM

LetOff - thanks for the info. I think some hidden trail cams, as he suggested, plus having the phone numbers handy would be my approach.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 05:04 PM

Unless I missed it, do you live close enough to frequent the property? A truck parked at a gate regularly is a good deterrent.
Posted By: Gary08

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 05:07 PM

Good info here. Though and I ain't scolding or analyzing it's none of my business but safety should be numero uno and having a guy on edge where he's not supposed to be is dangerous as hell for you. Not to mention not seeing him because I guarantee he ain't wearing orange while he's piddling could create a very dangerous situation for him.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 05:08 PM

My poachers hunt all the way till march. Just FYI
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 05:11 PM

I called the 1 800 number twice over the years.

Really wasted my time.

Had spot lighters inside a gate, only way in or out one night. Talked to a lady. Told me they'd call me in a few minutes. Im still waiting for that call.

Had to call for work once. Finally gave up. Made a few calls and got Warden cell number. Called him myself.

Thankfully I know Warden here now. Good guy and good officer. Same for other county I hunt.

I like the tn wardens to. They come quick usually and always return calls.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 05:28 PM

If I were you and your property was in a good cell service area I'd invest in me some cell cameras ASAP that will email/text you real time photos. They will be a very valuable tool in helping you catch your trespasser with quickness. It took me about 4 days to catch the little turds trespassing on my lease. Myself and the county sheriff was waiting on them when they crawled under fence. I had real time photos being sent to me from the time they put foot on my property until we had them loaded in the cruiser. It's money well spent in my opinion. I haven't had one minutes trouble since the word has got out in the area I mean business.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 05:37 PM

Well I found someone's corn pile and camera on my property today!!
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: gatorbait154

Been there done that. Look for cameras
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 07:01 PM

If the Warden thinks it's the adjoining club ask him to stop by and check license.... Mention tresspassing complaints and tell them to keep an eye out that will probably keep them off for awhile. Just got to decide if you want the deer or the poacher the most.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 07:28 PM

I'm hoping what I just did doesn't get analyzed to death (scolding me), I wont react very well to that.

Friendly advice, get some thicker skin. You asked for opinions. This place is full of them. Some you'll like. Some you won't. Good luck resolving your issue. I hope you catch them.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 07:59 PM

If your 100% its on you id have pulled the card hoping it had their picture on it.

I really like the GW where i hunt but it really seems they are more interested in writing corn tickets than catching poachers.
You catch someone on your land call the sheriff first then the GW. That was the GW exact quote.

I dont know how well they work but wally world has Bresser game cams on sale for $30. I bought 2 to try for poacher cams since they are small and cheap. If they get stolen im not out $100 as with most cams.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/24/17 08:52 PM

Move the camera and use it to catch their azz.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Trespasser: Updated - 01/25/17 10:00 AM

soooo...ya'll didn't like my technique for catching poachers???? gun
Posted By: Bigtymer81

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/26/17 12:38 AM

In my experience calling the 1-800 number was a waste. All 3 times the warden was not able to come. Yet that sumbum ran off a gobbler seconds before I was about to shoot, just to check if I was legal. I ended up with Joe's personal number if I ever needed him. Not enough wardens. If these guys are tracking around your land, good luck trying to get one of those deer. Regardless hope you catch them and kill you a biggun
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/26/17 05:21 AM

Why even call the GW if you don't want them on your property?
And, I do not understand the whole concept of the line of thought on this......you had rather the trespassers be there and hunting and MAYBE you run up on them as you hunt these 3 bucks. BUT, you are worried that the GW's presence might spook the bucks off the property.
Really??

The GW probably thinks like I do. "What is this guy hiding?" LOL
He does not need your permission to enter the property. And, I fully suspect that he will.
Posted By: westflgator

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/26/17 05:43 AM

I hope you catch him, keep us posted. You remember what happened to me a few years back. Scouted an area and stayed out of it all year waiting on the rut. I had to cross a creek, walk over 1.5 miles to get there, then eased up the tree I had picked out when scouting. Was fortunate to kill a nice buck, but when retrieving the deer found a stand and an area where someone had been corning within 80 yards of where I was sitting. I called the local GW who did actually come out and scout that whole area. He said he found several stands and a bone pile along the property line but was unable to catch them since there were less than two weeks left in the season. This part of our lease was isolated by a pretty large creek and some wetlands, so the neighbors thought we didn't have access and figure they would keep it hunted for us. The next year I visited a couple of camps that bordered that side of the lease "to introduce myself". I let them know that I was hunting that side of our lease and found evidence of trespassers and asked them if they had any issues on their land. I also let them know I had got the GW involved at the end of the season the year before and he was going to be trying to catch whoever it was. Come to find out one of these camps was a group of guys that only had 80 acres. They were just down the road from the missile plant north of Troy and one of them had been caught hunting in there the year before as well.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/26/17 06:01 AM

Originally Posted By: westflgator

I hope you catch him, keep us posted. You remember what happened to me a few years back. Scouted an area and stayed out of it all year waiting on the rut. I had to cross a creek, walk over 1.5 miles to get there, then eased up the tree I had picked out when scouting. Was fortunate to kill a nice buck, but when retrieving the deer found a stand and an area where someone had been corning within 80 yards of where I was sitting. I called the local GW who did actually come out and scout that whole area. He said he found several stands and a bone pile along the property line but was unable to catch them since there were less than two weeks left in the season. This part of our lease was isolated by a pretty large creek and some wetlands, so the neighbors thought we didn't have access and figure they would keep it hunted for us. The next year I visited a couple of camps that bordered that side of the lease "to introduce myself". I let them know that I was hunting that side of our lease and found evidence of trespassers and asked them if they had any issues on their land. I also let them know I had got the GW involved at the end of the season the year before and he was going to be trying to catch whoever it was. Come to find out one of these camps was a group of guys that only had 80 acres. They were just down the road from the missile plant north of Troy and one of them had been caught hunting in there the year before as well.

I remember that Robert.

Re: You freakin trespasser !!! Give me your ID ! - 01/26/17 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Yelp softly

Friendly advice, get some thicker skin. You asked for opinions. This place is full of them. Some you'll like. Some you won't. Good luck resolving your issue. I hope you catch them.

Yelp, good advice and you're absolutely, positively correct. I've been on here a long time before posting and I have seen some with an itchy trigger finger who unload their "verbal automatic."
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Trespasser: Updated - 01/26/17 04:22 PM

There is another thread on the other forum. Maybe you could put the tresspasser in there?

Link to aldeer
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Trespasser: Updated - 01/27/17 02:21 PM

Kind of off topic BUT if I ever accidentally cross a property line and get caught by someone holding me at gun point, I will immediately strip naked! Who wants to be in the woods with a naked man? Try explaining your way out of why YOU disarmed this man and forced him to disrobe, what were YOU about to do to him?

Good thing I'm not a poacher.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Trespasser: Updated - 01/27/17 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Lonster
Kind of off topic BUT if I ever accidentally cross a property line and get caught by someone holding me at gun point, I will immediately strip naked! Who wants to be in the woods with a naked man? Try explaining your way out of why YOU disarmed this man and forced him to disrobe, what were YOU about to do to him?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

I think I here this in the background
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Trespasser: Updated - 01/27/17 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Lonster

Excellent strategy. I think I will print your post out and put it in my turkey vest so I don't forget about it.

smile
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Trespasser: Updated - 01/28/17 12:38 PM

the repeated ball kicking should be enough
© 2024 ALDEER.COM