Aldeer.com

Range of deer/ Type of deer per range

Posted By: MattIce

Range of deer/ Type of deer per range - 01/11/17 11:09 PM

Just something Ive noticed, but for example Ive got two cameras 400 yards apart and the deer at one cam never show up at the other cam and vice versa. There is a road that pretty much splits the two property's. In your opinion why is this? Are they simply just not traveling that way or is that the extent of there range.

Also Ive noticed in a range of as little as 15 miles a complete difference in the appearance of deer, color of coat, color of rack, etc. Is that normal or is a bigger range usually have to take place before you get major changes in the appearance of deer?
Posted By: lawnman

Re: Range of deer/ Type of deer per range - 01/12/17 06:53 AM

I have 240 acres leased in Cullman county with a busy highway splitting the property. I commonly get pics of the same deer on each end of the property sometimes on the same day.
Posted By: BamaWes14

Re: Range of deer/ Type of deer per range - 01/12/17 06:59 AM

Had a camera on two ends of our property last year one by front gate and one at the furthest most point away from the gate maybe 1.2 miles from each other and the buck I was after showed up on both cameras numerous times.
Posted By: deerman24

Re: Range of deer/ Type of deer per range - 01/12/17 07:37 AM

last year early in year I got a picture of a deer with a spike on one side and 4 points on the other. Towards the end of the season my buddy shot him almost 3 miles away across 2 roads.
Posted By: crocker

Re: Range of deer/ Type of deer per range - 01/12/17 09:00 AM

Nothing for bucks to travel miles this time of year. Saw a 5yr old deer saturday evening and had pics of him the night before over a mile away in terrible terrain.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM