Aldeer.com

A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook.

Posted By: 1bamashooter

A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 01:59 PM

A corn pile will make your bucks go nocturnal.

If somebody posts a pic of a buck and asks for a score it is required that at least 40 extra inches of horn be added to actual estimate to please the poster.

5.56/.223 is unable to kill a white-tailed deer in Alabama.

Of course I made an excellent shot on this deer we only ran 3 dogs to death and chased it 25 miles before giving up, but I'll never shoot another deer with X brand bullet cause they suck even tho I was getting 4in groups at 100yds with them....

What have you learned about deer hunting by reading Facebook posts?????
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: 1bamashooter

If somebody posts a pic of a buck and asks for a score it is required that at least 40 extra inches of horn be added to actual estimate to please the poster.

Of course I made an excellent shot on this deer we only ran 3 dogs to death and chased it 25 miles before giving up, but I'll never shoot another deer with X brand bullet cause they suck even tho I was getting 4in groups at 100yds with them....

I enjoy screwing with people on them
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 02:15 PM

Nothing about Clorox stumps on FB?
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 02:24 PM

There was a video going around on Facebook recently about "How do people on infomercials even survive?" rofl (it's funny if you haven't seen it)

The same people apparently use the "Alabama Deer Hunting" page on Facebook. Dear mercy.

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 02:26 PM

I think there's about to be a civil war in Alabama too... between those who do shoot young bucks and those who don't. That topic has gotten heated on here lately, but oh my stars it's reached CODE RED on that Facebook page.
Posted By: Clem

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 02:33 PM

Quote:

That despite all of the available education, literature, biological info and everything else, people still think deer have horns instead of antlers.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 02:33 PM

I've learned enough to NOT post any deer pics on facebooks
Posted By: Geno

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 02:40 PM

I can't do anything on facebook. My wife's profession is ruled by flaming liberals and they look back two or three years at my posts and affiliations.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 03:00 PM

What about all the pictures posted of other peoples' vehicles with a certain sticker on it. I have never really understood that.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 03:08 PM

That all bucks become 140+ if they make it to 4-5 years old. And if you kill one that is less than 140" or 200lb they will wear your ass out for killing them young deer.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Geno
I can't do anything on facebook. My wife's profession is ruled by flaming liberals and they look back two or three years at my posts and affiliations.

That would be all the more reason to post away.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 03:30 PM

To many stupid people in this world I just stay off the social media world
Posted By: desertdog

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 03:31 PM

My favorite was a guy wanting someone to tell him a good place on Bankhead that didn't require any walking. Even posted his phone number where people could call him.

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Lol i started a post about drilling holes in stumps with a drill and pouring clorox in/on them. It got to 200 posts before it got deleted
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

Lol i started a post about drilling holes in stumps with a drill and pouring clorox in/on them. It got to 200 posts before it got deleted

Somethings need to remain a secret.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: mauvilla
To many stupid people in this world I just stay off the social media world

lol
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 04:15 PM

Haha I saw that one beadle
Posted By: MTeague

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:

That despite all of the available education, literature, biological info and everything else, people still think deer have horns instead of antlers.
Horns just sound better than antlers
Posted By: snakebit

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: MTeague
Quote:

I always thought they were points.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 05:49 PM

I have learned that Bankhead is LOADED with monster bucks!!!!

But, it will never top Jackson County for size, nor Quatity of big bucks!!!
Posted By: BrandonClark

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 06:13 PM

I got kicked off the alabama deer hunters page for telling people not to shoots spikes.

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 06:14 PM

Quote:

I know, right?!! I feel like a granola yuppie when I say antlers. It's like calling turkeys "toms".
Posted By: bmc77

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 07:50 PM

If you wanna see a abundance of dumbass folks,go to Alabama deer hunters on FB.It's awful.
Posted By: PapaJ

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 08:50 PM

Do not own a smart phone. What is the Facebook of which you speak?
Posted By: MC21

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 09:16 PM

people who shoot spikes and young bucks are the reason the population is down.
and i am pretty sure they are going to hell.

Alabama should have a 4 point on one side limit because thats how midwest states do it.

Car insurance companies run the DCNR

when the rut is going on
Posted By: MC21

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 09:35 PM

ive noticed your comments on a few post lol

you said tell them good job and keep moving unless it was shot in a pen
Posted By: Shack84

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 09:47 PM

I absolutely hate the what will it score crowd.
Posted By: 300Ruger

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 10:15 PM

I tried Facebook for about a year and realized that I was still in touch with all the folks from High School that were worth a chit. Everyone else is right where they should be in my world (nowhere).

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/05/17 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: MC21

ive noticed your comments on a few post lol

you said tell them good job and keep moving unless it was shot in a pen

Lol yeah i hope to god no one says a word about aldeer on there
Posted By: JDawg

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 08:03 AM

I guess you all are on the Alabama Deer hunters page also!! That place is pure entertainment!! LOL One thing that has impressed me is the number of ladies that deer hunt now!! Where was these girls when i was single??
Posted By: BruteX

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By: bmc77
If you wanna see a abundance of dumbass folks,go to Alabama deer hunters on FB.It's awful.

Yep. Anybody who thinks we don't need the DNR go to that page and check it out
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 08:32 AM

I love how guys want to know:

When is Rut? (Exact day and time)

Are they in the Hardwoods or Pines?

Woods or fields?

Morning or evening?

Moon phase?

But are totally against hunting a preserve?

Also, It is absolutely scary the number of folks walking around in the woods with a gun that do not understand the game laws?
Posted By: bama1157

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 09:10 AM

I really like all the "guess the weight" questions.... Give me a break.
Posted By: pcamper

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 09:15 AM

I bet the Facebook crowd is talking about all the goobers on ALDEER. smile
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 09:43 AM

I love the ones that want to age deer by antlers
Posted By: woodswalker

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 10:04 AM

I never post hunting or shooting items on Facebook. Nor do I get into discussions of politics, religion, football, or the environment. The most I'll do is post fishing pics. I'll unfriend people who want to use FB to promote some stupid agenda or crow about another successful Alabama Football season.

For me, Facebook is a way to easily get pics of the grandkids and to keep in touch with distant friends. It's a place to share some of my favorite outdoors photos with the few people who would be interested.

Employers do check out FB pages - I've done it myself when looking at a potential new hire. So, if you're looking for a job, don't post something controversial on FB. That includes hunting pics or selfies that show your tats.

ALdeer is one of three hunting and shooting social sites I use. It seems there's plenty of old grouches here which makes me feel right at home.
Posted By: Geno

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: woodswalker
plenty of old grouches here

You get the same aldeer I do?
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: PapaJ
Do not own a smart phone.

Don't need a smart phone for Facebook. The same computer you use for aldeer will work just fine.
Originally Posted By: JDawg
Where was these girls when i was single??

Sitting with me in a shooting house

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 08:23 PM

I'll add another one but it didn't come off FB......

If we only get to kill one buck a year we will be overrun with hundreds of YUGE record book buck deers like they are out west!!!!
Posted By: Deerslyer86

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/06/17 08:46 PM

I was kicked off Alabama Deer Hunters at least 4x now. I'm banned for asking to administrators how much they were making for running a fb page. That question got me the Hammer for life

A guy posted a picture of a buck and wanted everyone to guess the score and within an hour they would give the score. Realistic score was bout 115" They didn't like that answer said it scored 140". Was probably 14" wide with about 20" main beam length. Had a Copenhagen can laid beside the bases. The. Said the bases were 7" so I got the hammer on that one for a little while.

Time before that I posted a pic of 2 deer that were killed. One was a big doe with a fallow deer right beside it on a tailgate of a truck. Told them I killed them that day. I'm not sure how many times I got cussed out for killing a fawn with spots and some said they were calling Mr. Green on me.
Posted By: MTeague

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/07/17 12:47 AM

Aldeer/Facebook....they go hand in hand.

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/20/17 01:32 AM

After the nocturnal corn thread I totally agree I thought better of this place but I was wrong!
Posted By: Surefire1911

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/20/17 06:48 AM

I made a post a couple days ago on the fever on similar subject. I started a poll about obvious deer related questions. They have 20k members and only 50 or so responses. Kinda went exactly how I thought it would. A lot of uneducated folks making management decisions.

I started it bc I was sick of seeing 1000 responses that think a buck with a deformity on one side was purely genetic, gotta be taken out.
Posted By: jmj120

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/20/17 08:47 AM

Nah. 99% of the folks here know what they are doing. That facebook page is crazy.
I sometimes sit in the stand and laugh outloud at some of the stuff.
Posted By: doeslayer270

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/20/17 10:12 PM

I remember the pic you posted with the fallow deer and the doe. You took the pic from the internet and posted it just to cause a uproar and drama in the group. And no one makes any money off the Facebook group pages either so what was the point in asking that?
Posted By: Deerslyer86

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/20/17 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: doeslayer270
I remember the pic you posted with the fallow deer and the doe. You took the pic from the internet and posted it just to cause a uproar and drama in the group. And no one makes any money off the Facebook group pages either so what was the point in asking that?

i posted the pic bc I knew it would once prove again just how dumb those guys are. I also made that comment because the mods have a big head on their shoulders thinking they are someone special because they run a fb group
Posted By: Out back

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/21/17 08:07 AM

I don't do FB.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/21/17 08:23 AM

Was this the thread we were going back and forth on with a few guys from fb? The one I'm thing about one guy actually posted pics of his stump "set up" and then complained a week later because he didn't have any deer on his camera. laugh
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/21/17 08:26 AM

I'm still confused on which is the best caliber for deer hunting. I just don't know of should go with a 30-06, 270, 25-06, 243, 7mm, 300mag, or a 308
Posted By: jono23

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/21/17 08:31 AM

Aldeer is just another form of social media. We still have stupid people on here, but it is just its own SPECIAL kind of stupid. laugh
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: A few things that I've learned from reading about deer hunting on Facebook. - 01/21/17 09:02 AM

Yeah I think the whole let them get to 4 or 5 yo and they will be at least a 140 smdh. I hunt with a couple guys that are totally convinced that it's not mature unless it's 200 lbs+ .I killed a 6.5 to 7 yo buck last year that was about 150 lbs and 100" it was a unique buck because his throat patch was on the side of his neck.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM