Aldeer.com

Head shots on deer

Posted By: Remington270

Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 05:21 PM

I've seen some mention of deer head shots on here. Any hunter that does that is making an unethical shot, in my opinion. Good way to blow a deer's jaw off. But I'm sure y'all are all better shots than me whistle
Posted By: NonTypical

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 05:25 PM

Gotta take that lethal neck shot

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: NonTypical
Gotta take that lethal neck shot

Yep. There's about 10x more real estate in the neck vs their little walnut brain.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 05:38 PM

Too risky a shot for me. Right behind the shoulder has always served me well. I've only had one deer go more than thirty yards.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 05:46 PM

I've only taken a couple head shots but the deer was down,just not dead. They didn't look to be in the last death throws,just couldn't get up and I saw no reason to let them suffer or ruin more meat. Thought they might try to run if I tried to get close enough to use the knife.

I don't see head shots as ethical in any way.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 06:03 PM

Head shots are usually uuuggglly.
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 06:17 PM

It's dang sure good to read these posts.
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 06:19 PM

Yes the are.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 06:27 PM

Did it once. Won't ever do it again. Fuuggggglllyyy.
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270
I've seen some mention of deer head shots on here. Any hunter that does that is making an unethical shot, in my opinion. Good way to blow a deer's jaw off. But I'm sure y'all are all better shots than me whistle

I like a neck shot provided I have a solid rest. Drop in tracks.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 06:51 PM

Neck shot folds them up
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 06:59 PM

Pisses me off to no end when i hear people talking about trying to shoot a deer in the head. But on the flipside a buddy called me out on shooting hogs in the head. I guess i out deer on a higher pedestal
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:10 PM

Bet they bleed out good. Sure a few people with small caliber in an open field and good support can hit on a dime almost everytime at short distances. Read an article on thinning of herd on national park land the guys could do that at night with .223 and they would drop everytime and not run off.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:13 PM

Neck shot at reasonable range drops them in their tracks with no damage to meat
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:13 PM

Fine I will be the bad guy

I've done it in the past.

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:18 PM

Probably lots have done it. I won't ever, ever, do it again.

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Many folks have. I just think it's pointless and prone to error.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:19 PM

I've done it with success in a milo field where the only thing you could see was the head when they looked up. Damn hard shooting.

I head shot a Jan 31 fawn at the landowners insistance(he was standing beside me) to fill antlerless tags. I argued against it, then gave in and shot his, yes HIS, jaw off. I told the landowner to get his fat ass over there and finish it off. I was pretty mad all the way around. Haven't tried a head shot since then and that was 30+ years ago.

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:24 PM

Many folks have. I just think it's pointless and prone to error.

Killed a couple that was the only shot I had.

So I don't know that it's pointless.

Definitely isn't optimal. If there is another shot I will take it. Sometimes things don't always line up optimally. At least for me.

Posted By: Reno

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:32 PM

I know an old fella that all he does is head shots. He ear holes them with a .22 mag

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:35 PM

I knew a fella that did the 22mag/earhole thingy...mostly at night.

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:36 PM

Less sound ain't it Fred?

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
I knew a fella that did the 22mag/earhole thingy...mostly at night.

Lol, im sure youve known a few like that

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 07:45 PM

used to be an old man hunted Tusc Co with a 22 short, walking BAREFOOT at night. It took many years to catch him.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 08:30 PM

I do like a neck shot especially under 100 yards.
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 08:38 PM

I found a deer once that a club member shot in the neck on the edge of a clearcut. Hit her with a .270. She ran about 150 yards into the woods and died. Left no blood and was not recovered before the meat spoiled. It's pure myth that a neck shot deer will absolutely fold on the spot. unless you get bone.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
used to be an old man hunted Tusc Co with a 22 short, walking BAREFOOT at night. It took many years to catch him.

Well you can't just toss that one out there and not tell the whole story!!!! grin
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 08:54 PM

I've prolly killed a box car load of does with head shots. If the biggest buck in Alabama was peeking around a tree and I thought he was about to explode out of there , I'll cut his head off. Gimme 20 lashes with a wet noodle.

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 09:08 PM

shucks!
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:03 PM

I've never done it, and will never try. I assume when y'all are talking heads shots we're talking ear hole. Are y'all considering a neck shot a head shot also?
Posted By: ChrisAU

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:06 PM

Doe - behind the shoulder.
Buck - in the shoulder.

I should mention I hunt with a 338WM.
Posted By: ghosthunter3006

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:20 PM

Best shot no doubt on a slick head IMO.I challenge myself on the shot and makes the older ones taste better, I guess with a rifle you can look at it as a fighting chance for the deer but it makes terrible pics with that bug eye look.

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:24 PM

Once I shot the lower jaw off a doe, I quit that crap. Believe me, it happens.

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:29 PM

Quote:
and makes the older ones taste better,

How does a head shot make an older doe taste better?

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:

It doesnt

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:34 PM

Quote:

It's based on the manor of preparation.
Posted By: ghosthunter3006

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:39 PM

instant death guarantee Clem, the only tense muscle is the eyeball muscle. (I don't eat that part)

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ghosthunter3006
instant death guarantee Clem, the only tense muscle is the eyeball muscle. (I don't eat that part)

I'm calling BS...

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 10:44 PM

Quote:
It's based on the manor of preparation.

I see what you did there.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 11:06 PM

I used to have a doe on some property thatbhad a hole about 30 cal. Sized that went through both ears that looked like an attempted head shot. Dad shot her with his 35 rem behind the shoulder 2 yrs later she didn't run far after that. I passed a head shot monday on sam r murphy on a doe that all she'd do is stick her head out. I wanted a better shot/bigger target beeing in the brush. I feel like hitting a head vs hitting a behind the shoulder shot are odds of a success rate of putting meat in the fridge and i like deer meat
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 11:15 PM

I don't do head shots. - too much risk for the deer for me to do that. To each his own though.
Posted By: hillmp

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 11:17 PM

Remington 270 when did your opinion become law?

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: ghosthunter3006

Until you blow the jaw off and it starves to death.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Head shots on deer - 12/31/16 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Claims Rep.
I don't do head shots. - too much risk for the deer for me to do that. To each his own though.

This.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 01:59 AM

If your confident in the shot, then i dont see an issue with it. Its 100% use of the deer, no ruined meat and its lights out for the deer. Ive never attempted it and doubt i ever will...
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 03:01 AM

It's no different than shooting squirrels or coons in the head with a .22. Y'all are elevating deer to a higher standard than other animals. If you're confident in your equipment and ability and don't take shots past your affective range then there's nothing wrong with it.

This wasn't on purpose but looks cool anyway.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 07:42 AM

I did kind of the same thing as ^^^^^. Shot at a buck going to the left and he spun, ducked right into the arrow, Muzzy to the brain. DRT.

Slugguns and my post are why you don't try to head shoot deer. They move, and the head moves first. It dosen't have to move very much at all to turn a killing shot into a real mess.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 09:25 AM

Reno and Sluggun make good points , it has a lot to with confidence and skill level. The hunter who does not have the shooting skill level and woods time is not equipped to take the shot as is the old boy who grew up killing a limit of skwerls with all heads shots and who has killed hundreds of deer. IMO, it's acceptable if you have the skill set.

About 4 years ago I had a big old stud slip in right on top of me in some thick timber. He paralleled me , staying just inside the jungle thick cedars and vines. There was about 4 does milling around the open timber and he got a whiff of them. I had my rifle on him , hoping he'd bust out in the middle of the does. That wasn't his first rodeo, he was holding tight. I caught movement and the doe train was coming right in front of me. The lead doe stopped about 10 yards and she knew something was up. This deal was going bad in a hurry. Only kill shot I had was where his neck connected to his head through a hole about the size of a softball.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 09:31 AM

I agree.

If you are not confident that you can hit a deer's head......then, you need to spend more time practicing your shooting skills and less time hunting.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 09:55 AM

One that stands out was the time I walked up on a doe in a Greenfield. I didn't have any meat so far so I decided she was it. She never would turn around so with her butt facing me she put her head down to get some more grass. I put the crossbars on the white patch under her jaw. It took the entire top of her head off. But she didn't run,twitch etc. And no meat damaged. If a person is confident in their abilities and their rifle is accurate then that's one of the most humane shots there are.
Posted By: velvet tines

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 10:13 AM

nope, not me, unh-uh!
Posted By: LoCo

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 10:15 PM

I shoot most Does in the head or Throat patch.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 10:58 PM

I aimed for his eye, but shot a little low at 300 yards. He didn't take another step..
Posted By: MattIce

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/01/17 11:03 PM

Behind the shoulder is what I chose to do. Though I have made some head shots. Shot one a couple years ago with a Tornado incoming decided a head or nothing, so I could get the he'll up out of there before shucks got crazy
Posted By: trackncur

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/03/17 06:24 PM

If y'all could see what I see every season for the past 20+ years I don't think you would take any more head OR neck shots. Last week we tracked a deer7 1/2 miles that had his tongue shot out. We didn't get him. My dog is out for the rest of Ga. season because she was gored by a neck shot deer. We got him.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/03/17 07:32 PM

and i'll do it in the future if i need to .
Posted By: Geno

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 08:54 AM

I have on does to conserve meat. I would again if I thought it was a good idea.
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 10:25 AM

I've done it twice and enjoyed the chit out of blowing ones head up. nothing like the fresh scent of brain matter mixed with alittle gun powder
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Turkeymaster
I've done it twice and enjoyed the chit out of blowing ones head up. nothing like the fresh scent of brain matter mixed with alittle gun powder

Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 10:55 AM

I think it is a highly humane kill. I don't like the graphic nature of it, but it is what it is. However, it is a technically challenging shot for MOST hunters. That decreased area for a clean kill means I stay away from it. I shoot low chest shoulder and go pick my deer up. If it runs, I trail it. Honestly the meat that's in the shoulder isn't that good anyway. Lots of fibrous connective tissue, don't really care about loosing any.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 11:03 AM

Had a buddy last year head shot a doe at 60 yards with a 300 mag...looked like somethin out of a saw film haha
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 11:14 AM

I head shoot all my turkeys. Does that count??
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Hevishot13
I head shoot all my turkeys. Does that count??

You're just sick, buddy. smile
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: gatorbait154

I aimed for his eye, but shot a little low at 300 yards. He didn't take another step..

I'll go ahead and be a dick and call BS at 300 yards. Sorry

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Dkhargroves

That's a good shot, very doable.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 03:00 PM

I'd take a head shot within 100 yards in a heartbeat if I was positive my rifle was sighted in accurately

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs

I was trying to stir the damn pot but you just had to ruin it didn't you? laugh
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 03:15 PM

I will pass on a deer if I cant get a clean chest shot.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Dogs

I was trying to stir the damn pot but you just had to ruin it didn't you? laugh

My bad pal. 300 yd head shot with a super duper bean field magnum and a 10-40 hubble on top is pretty much a gimme. Now if he says he shot him with paw paws 30 30 using iron sights, I ll call bs.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 06:48 PM

I can't believe no one has posted the "Brang Da Pain!" video in this thread.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 07:12 PM

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 07:16 PM

thumbup
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 07:39 PM

Brang Da Pain!!!!
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 07:44 PM

My favorite shot is when they are head on with head down eating. Shoot base of neck between shoulders. You get CNS and vitals and bang flop.

I will take a neck shot with certain rifles though, the ones that I know shoot extremely tight and proven groups at range.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 08:02 PM

I've actually picked up the jaw with teeth intact on a deer i helped trail. The guy always shot for the head. IMO the "head shot" people do it for Ego. Simply no logical reason for it.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Geno
So you eat the lungs?

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum
So you eat the lungs?

Precisely.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 08:38 PM

i shot them in the head because i can . as for as the ethical bs , set on it and spin .

you wanna be ethical , tote a camera !!!!!

dress it any way you want , you are killing some thing so trying to tell me how to kill some thing goes right on by .

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Stob
So you eat the lungs?

Precisely.

i dont eat the brains either . you get about 10 qts of soup out of the front shoulders . i think thats a fair amount grub useless you just want vegetable soup ..
Posted By: bamachem

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 10:36 PM

Love a good head shot! My longest so far is a confirmed 260 yards, but I only take them with guns that I know are sub-0.5 MOA. Nothing beats a head shot bang-flop, except the "bring da pain" video... NEVER gets old!

Posted By: trox28

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 11:00 PM

Never have,never will..Seen some bad chit from idiots "trying" to make headshots.To much room for error and I don't understand taking that chance just to blow a deers jaw off and it die a slow miserable death.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/04/17 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: trox28
Never have,never will..Seen some bad chit from idiots "trying" to make headshots.To much room for error and I don't understand taking that chance just to blow a deers jaw off and it die a slow miserable death.

There will always be dumbasses that have to try it

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/05/17 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

i was worried about a deer suffering , i wouldn't hunt.

so its ok to only make a deer suffer and die in the ways yall do it and wrong if other do it different ?

degrees of suffering,,, to kill a deer you can only cause X amount of suffering rofl

bet the deer would say the same as a hound at a peta shelter right before its put to sleep ,,,,, i don't wanna die .
Posted By: Geno

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/05/17 08:17 AM

So you eat the lungs?

No but I have eaten hearts and livers and always eat shoulders and neck. Neck roast is much better than I expected.
Posted By: bama1157

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/05/17 10:34 AM

I have never taken a head shot, I know i can hit one in the head no problem what bothers me is the fact that if the head moves just a little then you have either missed or just wounded it..
Posted By: mrfuzz

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/05/17 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: joshm28
My favorite shot is when they are head on with head down eating. Shoot base of neck between shoulders. You get CNS and vitals and bang flop.

I will take a neck shot with certain rifles though, the ones that I know shoot extremely tight and proven groups at range.

I shot two deer this same exact way this year.
Dropped dead right where they stood.
Posted By: charlie

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/05/17 11:32 AM

I would bet way more deer run off and suffer from bow hunting than bad head shots. Bow hunting must be completely unethical right?
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/05/17 11:44 AM

I've taken head shots before but prefer high neck shots. Saves the meat. I had a friend try a head shot, only to shoot low and blow the lower jaw off of it. I was one plot over when the deer came trotting in to view and it wasn't pretty. I finished it off but it changed my thought process for taking that shot.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 02:36 PM

Shot distance 50 yards.
Weapon DPMS GII .308 Lite Hunter
Reason because I could.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 02:49 PM

I take head shots all the time under 100 yds, learn how to shoot accurately and it's easy, never missed and never had one run off.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 02:59 PM

keep at it, your time will come.
Posted By: BibbCounty

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Lonster

Shot distance 50 yards.
Reason because I could.

Good job covering those spikes up with the boot smile

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Reloader79
I take head shots all the time under 100 yds, learn how to shoot accurately and it's easy, never missed and never had one run off.

No way you have shot at many then!

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: MarksOutdoors
Too risky a shot for me. Right behind the shoulder has always served me well. I've only had one deer go more than thirty yards.

Your are a lucky man sir! I shot a doe opening weekend, double lunged with 300 WSM a piece of lung was blown off and lodged in the exit hole, not much blood and the deer ran about 75 yards.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BibbCounty

Shot distance 50 yards.
Reason because I could.

Good job covering those spikes up with the boot smile

my thoughts exactly
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 03:31 PM

I heard that people who take head shots at deer are trying to compensate for having a small penis, just saying....

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 03:45 PM

No blood trail.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 03:48 PM

And for you penis guys...

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 03:55 PM

Lonster, you were already around, so no need for a second dick.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 03:56 PM

Lonster, you were already around, so no need for a second dick.

Hahahaha!
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/06/17 04:08 PM

And for you penis guys...

my wife send you that? laugh

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/07/17 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Reaper
I heard that people who take head shots at deer are trying to compensate for having a small penis, just saying....

........I heard it was the short range, super duper magnum caliber crowd that have little ones swinging .

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/07/17 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: BibbCounty

No way you have shot at many then!

Sorry you can't hit $hit bibb county but I can.
Posted By: hillmp

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/07/17 01:11 PM

If you can't hit what your aiming at maybe you shouldn't shoot at all. when you can it's your call.Confidence in your ability (or lack of) should dictate your shot. Not opinions from self proclaimed experts.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/07/17 01:13 PM

I guess ya'll experts deer never move???

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/07/17 02:00 PM

You gotta pattern the deer Freddy, give em time to settle in, I don't understand why y'all experts think it so hard.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/07/17 04:20 PM

it ain't hard sonny, its just that it is easy to shoot just as a deer turns its head. I'm glad you are so very good that you never make a mistake. You are my new hero....

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/07/17 07:54 PM

I feel honored to be your hero Fred, thanks. I never said I didn't make mistakes, I just haven't made one on a head shot. I'd say I'm close to 20 or so over the years, I don't always take a head shot but when the moment presents itself I take advantage of it. Ya'll keep doing what you do, and I'm gone keep doing what I do. Merry Christmas

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Frankie

so its ok to only make a deer suffer and die in the ways yall do it and wrong if other do it different ?

degrees of suffering,,, to kill a deer you can only cause X amount of suffering rofl

bet the deer would say the same as a hound at a peta shelter right before its put to sleep ,,,,, i don't wanna die .

Pretty damn much..It takes a dumbass to take a head shot purposely on a deer..That's my opinion..Just like you have your opinion..I just don't understand why anyone would wanna take a headshot on a deer.I don't give a rats ass if I piss you or everyone on this forum off..If you purposely take headshots on deer I think you're a dumbass.
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 12:14 AM

I agree with Trox. Too many things can go wrong with headshots. That deer moves, wind gusts, wrong yardage estimated, and yyou've blown their lower jaw off but not killed them. Its just a highly unethical shot in my opinion. I don't give two craps how well you THINK you can shoot. Btw the largest majority of folks claim to be a helluva lot better shot than they actually are IMHO. isaw a guy bragging on fb the other day about taking a 325yd head shot on a doe with his .300win. Kinda made me want to kick him in the nuts for being a liar and for bragging about it

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 08:57 AM

Like I said, its all about EGO.
Posted By: doc bar

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 10:03 AM

killed a pile of them with a a5 32" full and a load of #1's. shot em in face, back of head side head and in neck. when your driven you better be shooting to try to kill quick cause if he makes it to stand line on one leg and somebody finishes him off thats there buck.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 10:50 AM

Pretty damn much..It takes a dumbass to take a head shot purposely on a deer..That's my opinion..Just like you have your opinion..I just don't understand why anyone would wanna take a headshot on a deer.I don't give a rats ass if I piss you or everyone on this forum off..If you purposely take headshots on deer I think you're a dumbass.

Get em. I expected better from members of this forum

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 03:18 PM

I shoot squirrels in the head, is this wrong?

I shoot turkeys in the head, is this wrong?

I've shot deer in the head, why is this wrong?

I bet lots of you whiners have gut shot deer while trying to shoot them behind the shoulder.

On Christmas day I strangled a bobcat to death, I have the video if you want to see it.

If I want to beat a deer in the head with a hammer that's my business.

If I was going to be killed by execution I would hope for a shot to the head.

I'm just a "dumbass" with a doctorate degree.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 03:27 PM

nope, yer just a dick, well Dr Dick.... grin

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 03:48 PM

I bet lots of you whiners have gut shot deer while trying to shoot them behind the shoulder.

On Christmas day I strangled a bobcat to death, I have the video if you want to see it.

Doctorate degree don't mean chit to me.Some of the dumbest folks I know have college degrees with a $150k plus per year salary...Book smarts they got...Walking around sense and just plain old common sense they dont..Not saying that's you but sounds mighty close to me..I just think it takes a weird sob to go out,see any deer and say..Hey,I'm gonna shoot this deer in the head because I can.I don't care to blow a deers brains all over the woods,don't care to blow eyeballs out,don't care to shoot ones jaw off..Just a damn nasty way to kill a deer and I think it's just stupid.With that said it's perfectly legal so yall do whatever makes your Dick stick up..I just won't do it.I have boogered deer up on long shots and lost deer that I wounded..It sucks but it happens...but deer are tough..a shot low in the leg can and will heal,a graze across a belly will heal..A jaw blown off will not heal and that deer will die from starvation within a few weeks..If that's what yall into go for it.Yall probably the same people that,as kid's buried cats with their heads sticking outta the ground and run over em with the lawnmower..Damn weirdos

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 04:49 PM

never, ever, never I say, pizz off a Mesican........

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 04:53 PM

Trox if you woulda had that messican car jack rest you probably wouldn't have missed all those deer and butchered them up. thumbup

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 04:54 PM

Quote:

Please, yes.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:01 PM

Quote:

Please, yes.

PM me your cell number and I'll send it.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:03 PM

I'll call your bluff on "strangling a bobcat to death". If you really did it....that's weird. Could you not find a hammer? loco

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:04 PM

When I came to this forum I could have sworn the title said "Serious Deer Talk Forum"...it appears to be the professional WHINERS and CRYBABIES forum.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:05 PM

Quote:

Please, yes.

PM me your cell number and I'll send it.

Once received it must be posted

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:12 PM

For the "Serious WHINERS".

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:16 PM

Pm'd you for the bobcat video lonster.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:22 PM

Pm'd you for the bobcat video lonster.

Sent to you and Clem. Y'all have my permission to post it or send it to whoever you want to.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:29 PM

Reloder...still sending on my end (Clem received it).

For you haters/"penis guys" even my videos are L O N G!

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:33 PM

I knew a guy that said he was turkey hunting , yelping at the time and one jumped him. Said all he could do was choke it out. Don't know if that's true or not but he told it to be.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:38 PM

I knew a guy that said he was turkey hunting , yelping at the time and one jumped him. Said all he could do was choke it out. Don't know if that's true or not but he told it to be.

I used a choke pole. Mine was in a trap. They choke out pretty quick. The turkey hunter...if he didn't have LOTS of stitches to show you, he was lying.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:40 PM

Well hell, anybody can choke the $umbich out with a pole. I thought you meant bare handed.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:45 PM

Well hell, anybody can choke the $umbich out with a pole. I thought you meant bare handed.

I'm not a dumbass!

With a choke pole its like having a 50lb bass on the end of the line!!!!

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 05:52 PM

Lonster that was interesting to say the least, I have caught them in live traps and they got the 22 syndrome.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 06:20 PM

For the "Serious WHINERS".

exactly what I would expect yer azz to have.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 06:23 PM

head shots on deer and climbing trees without harnesses. Neither make sense to me, but each his own.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/08/17 07:31 PM

Trox if you woulda had that messican car jack rest you probably wouldn't have missed all those deer and butchered them up. thumbup

I know but it's to heavy to tote around in the woods.

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/09/17 06:55 PM

i don't care enough to get mad about it , don't piss me off .

i blow the jaw off a ole flop eared nanny , well it is what it is . i feel the same about a gut shot squirrel that runs in a hole . deer aint nothing but horns on the wall and meat on the table .

you'll never read any where that i like head or neck shots but i will take them . so far i've lost none to head shots .

but as Fred said you take head shots often your luck will be bad . but then again you shot enough you gonna lose one . i've killed well over 500 deer i'm well pleased with my handful and a half i've lost .

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/09/17 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Stob
Like I said, its all about EGO.

i aint pretty enough to have a ego .

old saying been around a long time . you aint gonna kill $hit if you don't shot .

while some you boys be waiting on that standing still broad side perfect shot , i'll be putting deer in the truck .

Re: Head shots on deer - 01/11/17 08:01 PM

Mike Slocumb, ( the Alabama Hammer), takes head shots. laugh
© 2024 ALDEER.COM