Aldeer.com

Major/Minor Feeding Times

Posted By: Gobble4me757

Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 09:23 PM

I know the saying you can't kill em sittin on the couch, but do any of yall pay attention to the feeding times? Is there a correlation with deer sightings or movement? What are yalls thoughts?
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 09:29 PM

I think it's a definate piece of the puzzle. Along with weather and pressure.
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 09:32 PM

We've had several discussions on here about that in the past. Some will base a hunt strategy according to that and some won't. Most would agree that the weather will over ride the charts saying times etc almost always. Me, I don't bank the farm on it but do believe there is some truth to it. I pay closer attention to the weather, Temps and wind direction.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 09:32 PM

I also wouldn't bet everything on the times posted, BUT

every deer I have seen this year. EVERY DEER. Has been during the major/minor feeding times.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
I think it's a definate piece of the puzzle. Alongth with weather and pressure.

A puzzle it's right. It's more of a feel thing. I think you kind of just have to know when it's "deery" out. Those days when youre sitting at the house and you look out the Window and think damn it I should be hunting right now!

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 09:37 PM

See I'm with yall...I'll still get there at first light and all but if I see one of the feeding times is a mid morning time, I'll tend to stay in the stand longer than usual and because I know the feeding times, I will sit till the end of the time..
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 10:11 PM

Chart is not accurate where I hunt, as far as I can tell. There are times of day when I do seem to see more deer movement. There's usually a couple of hours during the day, which does not stay the same, when they move. After a full moon, I have gone two weeks without seeing one deer. Then all the sudden they are everywhere for a few days.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 10:53 PM

I don't pay attention to it all the time but there's something to it. My buddy AMB who is much better hunter than I explained it to me in pretty good depth. Moon overhead or underfoot is part of it. Those afternoons when you can see the moon are pretty good. I think I could be a pretty good hunter if I lived somewhere besides Marshall Co.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 11:05 PM

Its a guide as far as i can tell. I look more for weather and pressure. Deer will always move more towards dawn and dusk. Its in their DNA. If the the moon is full, high and bright i hunt according to the season. Mid season/ early rut is a mighty fine time to catch an old joker going back to bed early AM on nights of a full moon. Whats strange to me is on those super cold mornings when the deer dont seem to move until 9ish. I guess they wait for the ground to thaw out to get up and feed.
Posted By: Double_Six

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/08/16 11:23 PM

I have always had good luck with the moon charts ,feeding times ,The moon controls the feeding times of all wildlife and fish. They usually have 4 periods with major and minor times. The one that's in Alabama Living magazine put out by the electric co-op is pretty accurate. if you get one from a company thats located on the east coast then subtract it by an hour. If deer are in your area they will be feeding then , but that doesn't mean you will always see them .They don't travel far from bedding areas if they don't have to.
Posted By: pickenstj

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/09/16 03:17 PM

I believe they are a factor and I like to check them. With that said, I hunt when I can hunt. So, the greatest impact on my actual hunting is extending a morning sit, or moving start time up for an afternoon hunt.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/09/16 03:20 PM

I agree there is something to it and definitely on a full moon. I think the best time to hunt on a full moon is in the middle of the day when the moon is straight down. Most people don't like to hunt full moons because they don't see anything, but I see a lot of deer between 11 - 1 on a full moon cycle.
Posted By: Charles_G

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/10/16 06:20 AM

Complete voodoo for deer. In my experience.

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/10/16 06:35 AM

Well they lined up yesterday...saw 12 does around 3pm during the feeding time then nothin...
Posted By: MC21

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/10/16 06:38 AM

the major feeding times today are 8:30-10:30 this am
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/10/16 07:19 AM

Trail cams with time stamp tell you a lot. Did not believe in feeding times until I started running cameras.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Major/Minor Feeding Times - 12/10/16 09:12 AM

The main thing to me is being in the woods hunting period. A lot of good advice given above. The main thing is being out there in the woods with them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM