Aldeer.com

Found a cluster of good fresh rubs

Posted By: Lionsden

Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/08/16 05:27 PM

Gonna do some light rattling in the morning , will they even pay attention to estrus scent right now ? Jackson county
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/08/16 07:26 PM

You very may well run em off with that liquid pixy dust. I don't believe in any of that deer pee. I would just use a grunt call and do some tending grunts. That is, if the deer are in rut. Sometimes they'll come to a rattle but I've had the grunt call work way more.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/08/16 10:53 PM

Congratulations, you've found a bucks travel route...... at night. In all seriousness, if it's close to some thick stuff and depending on pressure, it might be a good spot to sit.
Posted By: scrape

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/08/16 11:07 PM

yeah I would try some estrus. you might get a spike to come in to it. thats all ive seen it do.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/09/16 06:50 AM

I'd wait a couple of weeks before using the oils and ointments in Ol' Hi-Jackson.
Posted By: Savage7mm

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/09/16 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: slippinlipjr
You very may well run em off with that liquid pixy dust. I don't believe in any of that deer pee. I would just use a grunt call and do some tending grunts. That is, if the deer are in rut. Sometimes they'll come to a rattle but I've had the grunt call work way more.
This. Granted,I killed my first mountable buck 10 years ago that came in to a scrape a dropped a couple of Tink's pellets in. But I still don't have faith in all that stuff
Posted By: Lionsden

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/09/16 09:21 AM

Only time I've seen it work was two years ago when I killed my biggest buck to date January 27 , 136 10 point . I tied a tampoon about 50 yards in front of my tree and had code blue on it .. He quartered it about 15 yards from it and well he paid the price. Last season I didn't get anything to come to any. So I should give it a couple more weeks before hunting that spot? Looked like one was aggravating Doe in the field by looking at tracks the way the ground was torn up etc
Posted By: Dixiecutter

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/09/16 07:16 PM

ditto. spike after spike to the base of my tree following a drag, year after year. i peed on one of'ems head one morning
Posted By: Gig

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/09/16 08:24 PM

Im goin estrus-less this year.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/10/16 08:19 AM

Hang in there Paul, your day is coming. wink
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Found a cluster of good fresh rubs - 12/10/16 08:31 AM

I use it sometimes im not sure if it works but its just something to break up the routine
© 2024 ALDEER.COM