Aldeer.com

Trail cam batteries

Posted By: Hoss606

Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 12:40 PM

What are yalls trail cam battery recommendations? I know lithium last long but what brands have y'all found to work the best and where do y'all buy them from?
Posted By: akbejeepin

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 12:56 PM

I have had respectable results out of just cheap rayovac batteries. I always catch them on sale this time of year. Lowe's had them for 5.97 for 36. At that price I doubt there is a significantly better option. they usually last all deer season for me
Posted By: ArchedRegant

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 01:02 PM

Cheap batteries do the job for mine.

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: akbejeepin
I have had respectable results out of just cheap rayovac batteries. I always catch them on sale this time of year. Lowe's had them for 5.97 for 36. At that price I doubt there is a significantly better option. they usually last all deer season for me

That's cheap. One set will last you the whole season or 36 covers you for the whole season?
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 01:08 PM

I usually catch a large package of bulk batteries at Sam's at a good price. Don't really matter about brand. Most of the newer infrared cams are easy on batteries anyway.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 01:10 PM

I use the external batteries. I may only check a camera once a month and I don't want to worry about do I need to replace the batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Cam-12V-B...+camera+battery
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 01:17 PM

Regular Duracells. I get over 5,000 pics on a set when it's around freezing temps. Even more when warmer.

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Squadron77
I use the external batteries. I may only check a camera once a month and I don't want to worry about do I need to replace the batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Cam-12V-B...+camera+battery

I had some external batteries for 2 of my cams but they stopped working. These will be on public land so the lower the profile the better. I just want to put them out and not have to worry about the batteries going dead after a week or two. Id like to get a month or two out of a set if possible
Posted By: Snowman257wby

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 01:49 PM

Lithium. Checked one of mine the day after thanksgiving and was still on 100% been out since august Few hundred pictures
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 02:40 PM

Outside of lithiums, Consumer Reports lists the top five, as follows...

1. Duracell Quantum
2. Duracell Coppertop
3. Kirkland Signature
4. Duracell Ultrapower
5. CVS Max
Posted By: SkipJack

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 02:45 PM

I run lithium in my Reconyx and get over a year on them.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 02:50 PM

I get mine on amazon ... 100 packs range anywhere from $18 -30 with free shipping. .. was buying the duracell but going to try the ac delco for $18 see how they do.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 03:10 PM

From my experience, the lithium batteries aren't worth the extra cost over the regular Duracell.
Posted By: Bait57

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 03:33 PM

I use cheap batteries for external and Sanyo enloop batts for inside my cams. The regular battery charges the rechargeable. They usually last about 6-8 months
Posted By: jbc

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: akbejeepin

X2

Opened thread to say the same
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 06:23 PM

I use Eneloops as rechargeables don't ever leak in my experience and well, they're rechargeable!
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Trail cam batteries - 12/04/16 07:03 PM

You will never believe me - but... Publix branded batteries. We have found that they last THE longest of ALL of them. What my buddies and I have been using for years.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM