Aldeer.com

How pissed off would you be?

Posted By: tikkaman

How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:07 PM

I joined a club in Little Texas, Macon County this year. 10 members, 900 ac.
Was told very little pressure.
Going over the books, 15 does, 12 bucks in 2015. Supposed to be 8pt or better, 14 in min.
So far this year 6 bucks taken, small basket racks, couple does.
We have a new member living full time in an rv all year. Drives his side by side everywhere, him and his buddy put up like20 stands.
To me, this is constant pressure 24-7.
Doesn't take much to bump mature bucks to live elsewhere.

This is a great area, very close to the Mann properties.
$1200 a year, I feel like I'm getting ripped.
Of course the drought hasn't helped matters any, we all in the same boat about that.
Feel like I was mislead on this "TROPHY CLUB"
I'm passing up does and small bucks, and everybody else is banging away with hair on it.

Your thought? And thanks for letting me vent some....
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:11 PM

Tell TatSoul Aldeer says hello.

Originally Posted By: tikkaman
We have a new member living full time in an rv all year. Drives his side by side everywhere, him and his buddy put up like20 stands.

But yes, it sounds like you were sold a bill of goods. That's a good area. Stay diligent and I bet you'll run into a good one before the year is out.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:12 PM

If the rules aren't written down, your out of luck.

Hate to read of your situation.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: 3FFarms

Not sure what that means.
Posted By: trox28

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:13 PM

Must not be any fines for taking deer not meeting requirements.
Posted By: Myerz

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:14 PM

That would def be a little aggravating to me, but what are you really able to do about it? Id maybe go to the president and let him know about your aggravation about the antler rules not being abided by, but i dont think theres gonna be much you can do about them being there all the time as long as theyre paying dues like theyre supposed to. Just my opinion
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:14 PM

I guess you could always go to the mountainous region of Pelham, AL and hunt those "100% free range in the big pen" deer if you are unhappy with your club.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. grin

Seriously, it's hard to find a great club where all is good and wonderful.

Make the best of the rest of your year and look for something different for next year. thumbup
Posted By: bigt

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:15 PM

Going over the books, 15 does, 12 bucks in 2015. Supposed to be 8pt or better, 14 in min.

Of course the drought hasn't helped matters any, we all in the same boat about that.
I'm passing up does and small bucks, and everybody else is banging away with hair on it.

Ten members on 900 acres should have let you know it was not a trophy club and would have plenty of pressure.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:16 PM

He was a guy on here...banned now I think..and did just what you mentioned. Loaded deer into his side by side too and posted PICS!
grin

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:17 PM

I did my research as far as aerial photos, word of mouth about the area.
Matter of fact, one of the biggest bucks I've ever seen in Alabama was standing rutted up, stiff legged in late January in front of the property as I was driving early one morning to my lease in Bullock Co.
We do have written rules, one page.
The guy that runs this club has a gun shop or something in Columbus. Hunts GA, then in Alabama rut.

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: bigt

Ten members on 900 acres should have let you know it was not a trophy club and would have plenty of pressure.

Was definitely a red flag, but was told 3 or 4 hunt3d maybe 1-2 times a year. Old guys. (Not meant to be disparaging to older guys)
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:26 PM

As already mentioned, TatSoul was a member here that has now been banned. He drove his SxS everywhere, all hours of the night and was also well known for arguing about how many stands someone needed and how best to put them up for each relative location. The coup de gras was when he loaded a 125lb 3 point (after he bragged on himself about being a trophy hunter) onto the floorboard of his SxS and then challenged anyone here on the forum that they couldn't have loaded it into the bed alone. It was quite the thread in itself.

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Cuz-Pat
I guess you could always go to the mountainous region of Pelham, AL and hunt those "100% free range in the big pen" deer if you are unhappy with your club.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. grin

Seriously, it's hard to find a great club where all is good and wonderful.

Make the best of the rest of your year and look for something different for next year. thumbup

Some studs DOWN there in North Alabama...LOL. (wait..I live in North Alabama..and thats not in it!)

I just leased some land near where that bigun was taken. Just a little piece..(PEN) inside the bigger pen. 5 acres at $1000 an acre. Golden!

Breeder pens right there...on one side..feeder on the other. I found a big trail on the Transition route from Bedding ( hay lined stall) to feeding area ( tripod feeder with high protein and corn).

After 5 hours of scouting..(ok..5 minutes) I put my stand right where it needs to be.

Now like I HAVETA PUT IN MY TIME!!! ENDLESS HOURS..straining the patience of mortal man!!...

.Ok never mind..my guide hit him in the ass with the cattle prod..here he comes 5 minutes in!

Man am I good or what? That scouting is paying off ( as well as my dads AMEX platinum Card!)

Good lord he saw me and spooked..but heck here he comes again..heading to the safety of his PEN. Not much to see..time for the FATAL NECK shot...and hes down!

Dang, let me tell you guys... theres nothing like the rush of hunting these big fair chase, big pen, high fence whitetails..( other then my dads credit line).

Man..life is good. Heck..I might even go the rest of this year without getting arrested for something after this.... slap

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:31 PM

Id be pissed Tikka man..thats alot of pressure for so little land.

Make thje best of it.You spent the money. Id head into the thickst cover they have or right along it where it meets hardwoods.
Your bucks will be in the thicket..heck..the good uns ALWAYS are. I only hunt thickets. I see only 70 yards most times I hunt.but the right 70 yards.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:31 PM

Like said before, talk to the pres. if he won't stop it then bide your time and move on next year. Good clubs are hard to come by. Especially with that many members. It's hard to keep control of that many members. The guy living there full time is B.S. no way I would let that fly on one of my leases.
Posted By: muddyfeet

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:46 PM

When in Rome do as the Romans, and find a new place next year. You already paid dues, so blast away, put some meat in the freezer, and forget about it. I wouldn't let it ruin my season.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 09:58 PM

They killed a buck for every 75 acres. I mean c'mon, what did you expect? I joined a little lease over here in MS (in a GOOD area) and they killed one buck/500 acres.
Posted By: Bait57

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 10:03 PM

Yet another reason I ain't gonna join a club. I'll stick with public land. Then on top of all the crazy "rules" that nobody follows, it seems that people just always have some kind of horror story of a club. No thanks

I cannot justify paying what some of these places are wanting for a deer. That's just more than I can justify spending on a deer. Some of the prices here for deer is so high that I could do an out of state hunt cheaper. But just my opinion.

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 10:07 PM

Would be anice amazing club with 6 members at $2400/yr.
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 10:20 PM

I'm not in a club but my cousin's club has all the same problems. They shoot anything that moves. The president lives at the gate. But he loves it.
Posted By: Reno

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/03/16 10:37 PM

I got lucky. Joined my first club this year and its some of the best guys you could hope for in a club. 5 of us on 760 acres
Posted By: jono23

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 08:44 AM

I think I'm probably the guy that everyone at my club hates....

not really. I follow all the rules. But no one else EVER hunts, and I've killed 2 does now. Gonna stop doing that now...

Sorry to hear your club sucks!
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 08:52 AM

None. Just go hunting. Situation like that you will not only have to hunt the deer but also learn how to hunt the other hunters.
Posted By: jmj120

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 08:54 AM

Got a pretty good idea of where you are. Hunted over there a few years ago. Lease was around 11,000 acres. When that club died, a few factions split off and got pieces of it. Some real idiots ended up with a few acres. Good luck, you're dam sure going to need it.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 09:19 AM

Probably blow a gasket.
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 09:34 AM

Best thing for you to do is get though the year and move on. Doesn`t sound like things are gonna change and it`s a do as I say not as I do type of thing.
Posted By: CD

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: bigt

That, and the fact that they killed one buck per every 75 acres the year before. And I know everyone has their own definition of trophy, but in a good area like that, you're gonna be killing club-legal 2 year olds with those antler restrictions. I don't think you can be mad. You just made a poor choice. Live and learn. CD.
Posted By: Raven

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 11:26 AM

Hate to hear it for you. Sounds like we are neighbors though. Probably see you at the yellow store for lunch one day. I hunt old columbus rd and county rd 15.
Posted By: deerman24

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 06:31 PM

10 members 900 acre, twice the amount of hunters for 900 acre
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 06:53 PM

Did you know before joining that the club had 900 acres with 10 members who kill one deer per 30 acres?
Posted By: Frankie

Re: How pissed off would you be? - 12/04/16 10:34 PM

i'd just start pulling the trigger and move on next year .
© 2024 ALDEER.COM