Aldeer.com

Youth hunt?

Posted By: Anonymous

Youth hunt? - 10/28/16 10:57 AM

I've tried to find information, but want to make sure I am not misreading. For the youth gun hunt the weekend of 11/11, does the youth have to be sitting with an adult? I have two boys under 16, but wasn't sure if I could put one out by himself? He hunted alone last year and killed his first buck hunting alone.

Thanks
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Youth hunt? - 10/28/16 11:49 AM

outdoor Alabama does a piss poor job of listing details on the youth hunt
Posted By: PapaJ

Re: Youth hunt? - 10/28/16 12:01 PM

According to page 46 of the Alabama Hunting and Fishing Digest under Special Youth Hunts: "Each youth or youth hunting party (maximum of 2 youth) must be accompanied by a non-hunting, properly licensed adult 21 years of age or older, or the parent of the youth, and wear hunter orange (adult must also).

Hope this helps.
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Youth hunt? - 10/28/16 05:49 PM

Seems like I read somewhere that they had to be so close to an adult, like 20 feet. But I'm not certain. I could be totally wrong. If it was me I would let one go by himself. As a matter of fact one year I left my son in the stand by himself and went and scouted another part of the club. Maybe someone will come along with a definitive answer.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Youth hunt? - 10/28/16 06:13 PM

Comes up every year, but here's the deal - Yes, even a 15 year old that can hunt by himself, has to be "supervised" during the youth hunt. Cause it's "special". He can hunt by himself during regular season, but not the youth hunt.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Youth hunt? - 10/29/16 09:24 PM

Thank you for clearing it up. I assumed that was the case, but wanted to make sure.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM