Aldeer.com

Food Plot Signs

Posted By: wmmoorejr

Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 09:23 AM

A few years ago we cut out pieces of wood and attached reflective numbers like you would put on a mailbox to mark all of the entrances to our fields. They lasted less than one season. I was thinking about making some new ones that would last longer and wanted to see what people on here do to mark the field numbers on the roads? Ideally we would like them to be reflective.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 09:26 AM

Laminate them and they will be there for years
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 10:45 AM

I sheared up 8"x8" .100 aluminum and screwed them to 3/4' square aluminum post. i stuck some trailer side marker reflective tape on the post and had my sign guy cut vinyl letters for the plot numbers. i ended up with zero dollars in it and 2 hours of my time. no more rotten wood plot markers

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 10:47 AM

Posted By: Ben2

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 10:47 AM

We have wood signs that have lasted 20 yrs. Paint em they will last
Posted By: k bush

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 12:21 PM

I've seen vinyl siding/trim coil used.

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben2
We have wood signs that have lasted 20 yrs. Paint em every year and they will last
Posted By: wmmoorejr

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 01:22 PM

I am now thinking that if I paint the board whatever color we decide on, go back with the reflective numbers and then put a coat of poly on the entire thing they should last for a long time.

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: wmmoorejr
I am now thinking that if I paint the board whatever color we decide on, go back with the reflective numbers and then put a coat of poly on the entire thing they should last for a long time.

sounds like a lot of work
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 02:44 PM

I've got a couple of signs I made like EHH's that say "Warning Hunter Ahead." I use em when I hunt public land to hopefully deter anyone from walking in on me.

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: slippinlipjr
I've got a couple of signs I made like EHH's that say "Warning Hunter Ahead." I use em when I hunt public land to hopefully deter anyone from walking in on me.

you a fart smeller aint you!

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 02:48 PM

Mine are bigger and better that yours.

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 02:49 PM

Mine are bigger and better that yours.

I was saying that was a good idear. only thing I would do different is have about a dozen to put out so folks would think the woods was covered up with rednecks

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 02:58 PM

Good idea. When you said that I immediately thought of that nasty diaper I just changed earlier on my daughter. So yeah I reckon I am a fart smeller. Ha.

The ones I made, I sprayed em yellow so they're visible from a good distance. They'll last forever. To the OP, go to speedymetals.com and get some aluminum sheets. You'll never have to do this again.

Re: Food Plot Signs - 10/26/16 03:09 PM

Good idea. When you said that I immediately thought of that nasty diaper I just changed earlier on my daughter. So yeah I reckon I am a fart smeller. Ha.

The ones I made, I sprayed em yellow so they're visible from a good distance. They'll last forever. To the OP, go to speedymetals.com and get some aluminum sheets. You'll never have to do this again.

get you some crime scene tape and just tape the road off
© 2024 ALDEER.COM