Aldeer.com

Best harness?

Posted By: Remington270

Best harness? - 10/17/16 05:36 PM

Price aside, what is the best/ most comfortable safety harness?
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 05:37 PM

Rock climbing harness of your choice. I use the Alpine BOD.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270

This will be similar to "which truck is best" thread.

That said, Scentblocker Tree Spider Bibs are without question the most comfortable harness. Honestly, it can't be argued. They're the only ones you literally don't know you have on. I would wear them gun hunting in a shooting house on ground
www.robinsonoutdoors.com/shop/spider-web-outfitter.html
Archery Unlimited has 2 pairs left at front desk for 50% off, I am probably going to buy them and stick in back of closet for the future

Rock climbing would be best of things you put on, have buddies who love their Black Diamond. I've had a gorilla and HSS standard harness, both are fine. I keep them around for unprepared guests
Posted By: Bamahoo

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 05:58 PM

HSS.
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 06:00 PM

I went looking at harnesses and couldn't find something that I was going to be happy with and not $100+.

This Saturday I was in Knoxville and decided to stop into REI.
I described it to my girlfriend as a hippie Cabelas as she had never been to a REI before.

Went with a $55 Mammut
Posted By: ACBowHunter

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 06:01 PM

2x on the Tree Spider Bibs.
Posted By: bamacamp

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 06:35 PM

Muddy safeguard for me. Incredibly light, has attachments for binos, rangefinder, and grunt call. Cheap as well. Sits good very comfortable.
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 07:08 PM

Just researched this subject extensively last night after deciding I wanted to try a rock climbing harness. I went with the Black Diamond Vario.
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270

I use a lone wolf harness that is comfortable and rated for 350 pounds. Comfortable and safe.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 07:26 PM

I love my hss elite vest after the weather cools off. Can be a bit warm in the early season.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 07:45 PM

Someone posted a link on here once and HHS had a rrally good deal, I got one of the light weight ones and I like it really good. The only advice I would give is maybe get one with pockets on it next time
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: walt4dun
Just researched this subject extensively last night after deciding I wanted to try a rock climbing harness. I went with the Black Diamond Vario.

Good choice.
Posted By: jdgalloway

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 08:05 PM

For the price you can't beat the Muddy safeguard. I see them on sale all the time too.
Posted By: rblaker

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 08:22 PM

I just bought a Muddy safeguard last week, moving from a HSS harness. I'm impressed so far, much more comfortable and lightweight.
Posted By: tpageal

Re: Best harness? - 10/17/16 10:09 PM

Muddy for me
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Best harness? - 10/18/16 03:00 AM

I have a old school Seat of the Pants have to admit how old it is but I've purchased three HSS and turn around and sold em keep using it
Posted By: johnv

Re: Best harness? - 10/18/16 06:00 AM

I've got the micro tree spider. I can put it on in the pitch black and I can't even tell I'm wearing it.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Best harness? - 10/18/16 10:23 AM

HSS for me. I can no longer hunt without the pockets, literally it's like the perfect system, it's just instinctive to me now where things are in each pocket and how handy it is. The deer drag system is fantastic too (not sure which other brands have that feature).
Posted By: Seminole93

Re: Best harness? - 10/18/16 11:21 AM

Muddy.
Posted By: bbrown2933

Re: Best harness? - 10/18/16 11:37 AM

I've got a Muddy that hasn't let me fall yet smile
© 2024 ALDEER.COM