Aldeer.com

Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea

Posted By: PoBoyHunting205

Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 12:00 AM

Who in uses and or hunt over mock scrapes? If yea what do you use? I have made mock scrapes using everything from human pee to commercial brands. Not loyal to one brand just what worked in the past and on sale smile.
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 07:11 AM

I've used it before closer to or during the rut and had the bucks respond pretty good. I used a drip bag. It will only drip with a certain amount of temp change. When I used it I had several new scrapes and rubs show up in the close area pretty quickly.
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 07:46 AM

I have never had any success in using mock scrapes. Only on one occasion have I ever had a deer come to a scrape or scent wick, and get his picture made. From my experience they're not very effective.
Posted By: CD

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 08:34 AM

Very effective for getting buck pics. Recycled Mtn. Dew works best for me. CD.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 08:42 AM

I'll freshen one up if I pass one in my hunting area. I tend to use a drag rag more
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 08:57 AM

I will always put one right in my kill zone to stop a buck for a shot....way better than making noise to stop him.
Posted By: Thelonegoose

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 10:25 AM

I usually just wait until I find a few in my hunting area and freshen them up as i go in or the evening before.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 10:49 AM

They work.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 12:23 PM

Definitely. We had a guy hunting behind us everywhere me and my brother went he would go the next day so we found some of his cameras and made a ton of mock scrapes and hooked alot of trees so he would find that sign and leave us alone,well guess what happened.
Posted By: Recurve

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 04:03 PM

I just stick to the real thing. If I know a good buck is coming through I'll have 2 options where he's scraped/rubbed. I'll set up a stand on each side of the line about 30 yards down wind of the direction the buck was headed when made them. That way I have 2 options say if the wind is out of the SE or SW when he comes by to scent check. Hasn't failed me too many times.

I will use some scent products just to hold his attention when he comes through.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 09:00 PM

I don't use them, but like Recurve, when they are active I hunt in the direction downwind the buck might travel to scent check.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/14/16 09:20 PM

Mock scrape with a dripper and camera on it will result in a picture of every buck in the area!
Posted By: Honolua

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/15/16 08:28 PM

I pee in every scrape I can and almost always get a lot of action.

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/16/16 12:05 AM

I went to pull pics on a mock scrape today I started with human pee. Ground and licking branch had been worked over. But camera craped out mad
Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/17/16 12:45 PM

I have been peeing in existing scrapes for years now with alot of success.It worked better when I was younger.I really believe that the lowered testosterone when you get older affects the effectiveness.
Posted By: Muddybucks7

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/17/16 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: OcToBeRDrEaMiN67
I have been peeing in existing scrapes for years now with alot of success.It worked better when I was younger.I really believe that the lowered testosterone when you get older affects the effectiveness.
they make pills for that grin

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/18/16 04:10 AM

rofl
Posted By: slick_trick

Re: Mock Scrapes... Yea or Nea - 09/18/16 09:39 AM

I run cameras on scrapes as soon as I start seeing some, if I dont see any on roadbeds or field edges where I want a camera ill start a mock scrape. They work, some of the best pics and biggest bucks ive had on camera were over mock scrapes.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM