Aldeer.com

you elmore county guys

Posted By: Frankie

you elmore county guys - 08/31/16 08:11 PM

who do you use to spread lime , i got about three/four ac
Posted By: centralala

Re: you elmore county guys - 08/31/16 08:27 PM

Not an Elmore Co. guy but I use the Elmore County Coop for property in that area. A man and his dad does it. Dad is about 85 years old but still driving that truck. They do a good job at a good price...for our area. Property the other direction I use the buggy from the Dallas Co. Coop and do it myself.
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: you elmore county guys - 08/31/16 09:15 PM

I rented the buggy from Talecon a few weeks ago. It's not that far from most places in Elmore County.

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: centralala
Not an Elmore Co. guy but I use the Elmore County Coop for property in that area. A man and his dad does it. Dad is about 85 years old but still driving that truck. They do a good job at a good price...for our area. Property the other direction I use the buggy from the Dallas Co. Coop and do it myself.

one off 231 in wetumpka right.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: bwhunter
I rented the buggy from Talecon a few weeks ago. It's not that far from most places in Elmore County.

What's the cost of a buggy full of lime and use of the buggy? I'm pretty sure Talecon is the closest to us in Russell County too.
Posted By: CNC

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Yelp softly

What's the cost of a buggy full of lime and use of the buggy? I'm pretty sure Talecon is the closest to us in Russell County too.

I rented one from them as well. I think the buggy rental was $50 and the lime like $22 per ton or right around that. Better bring a real truck to pull it if your filler up.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: bwhunter

Love Taleecon! Scott is my neighbor and is very knowledgable, and will take the shirt off his back to help

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Frankie

one off 231 in wetumpka right.

Not sure of the road # it's off of. It's on Queen Ann Rd. Receipt doesn't have the phone number on it. On 3-17-16 I had 12.38 tons spread by them at $40/ton. The guys saying $22/ton please check to see if that is correct. I spread lime about every year and haven't seen any that low $ in central Alabama. North Alabama seems a lot cheaper than here but freight eats us up. I too pay $50 for buggy rental on places I do myself.
Posted By: JCL

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 07:58 PM

Coop is on Queen Ann road off hwy 14 west of Wetumpka. Ph 567-4321 to call the coop or call 567-4322 to talk with the guy that drives the spreader, leave a message and he will call you back.
Posted By: CNC

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 08:01 PM

The guys saying $22/ton please check to see if that is correct.

I was talking about the cost per ton to spread it yourself. I may be off by a dollar or two but I believe that's about what it was. It was back in the spring.....I don't recall exactly.

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: CNC

I was talking about the cost per ton to spread it yourself. I may be off by a dollar or two but I believe that's about what it was. It was back in the spring.....I don't recall exactly.

Even with the buggy spreading myself I THOUGHT I paid around $40/ton. I didn't do any myself this year and going off my memory which isn't worth a s@#!. I thought I remember thinking I'm paying the same thing but letting them do the work. I'll see if I can find a receipt with the buggy. It should be right with the receipt for the new rear window in my truck after a rock came off my tire, hit the buggy and bounced forward THROUGH the window!

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 08:30 PM

thanks guys for the help

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/01/16 08:42 PM

seems as though both coop's are run by the same folks . i know right where both are , thanks again guys .
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/02/16 10:45 AM

Even with the buggy spreading myself I THOUGHT I paid around $40/ton. I didn't do any myself this year and going off my memory which isn't worth a s@#!. I thought I remember thinking I'm paying the same thing but letting them do the work. I'll see if I can find a receipt with the buggy. It should be right with the receipt for the new rear window in my truck after a rock came off my tire, hit the buggy and bounced forward THROUGH the window!

If you paid the exact same amount to spread it yourself as you paid to have it spread, the people that did the spreading are not very good businessmen. I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't know what you paid. This just doesn't seem very logical unless there was a huge drop in the cost of lime from one year to the next.

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/02/16 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Yelp softly

If you paid the exact same amount to spread it yourself as you paid to have it spread, the people that did the spreading are not very good businessmen. I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't know what you paid. This just doesn't seem very logical unless there was a huge drop in the cost of lime from one year to the next.

Dayum, ya'll got me questioning myself. I have the receipt for the spread at $40/ton. I think the spreader truck guys actually work for the co-op. That is who I make the check out to. Now the spread yourself?? I'll get that price.

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/02/16 04:48 PM

OK. Got all the receipts. As I said earlier, in March I had 12.38 tons spread by Elmore Farmers Exchange at $40/ton. Last year I got from Central Alabama Farmers Co-op (Selma) 7 tons at $33/ ton plus $50 buggy rental for a total of $291. That is a total of a little over $41/ton doing it myself and must have been how I was figuring the $40 /ton spread and doing it yourself. Seems you only start saving doing it yourself with a buggy at about 9 tons. But you can save from the beginning if you put it out with a 3 pt. spreader. Regardless what people tell you, it can be done if the lime is DRY!!! A LOT of work doing that though.
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/03/16 03:20 PM

I just found my receipt. It is $50 per day for buggy rental and you can make as many trips as you want. I paid $28 per ton for the lime. You really need a 3/4 ton truck to pull it. They also don't like to load more than 4 tons at a time so that will give you an idea on how many trips you have to make.
Posted By: bamafarmer

Re: you elmore county guys - 09/03/16 06:42 PM

You want to call 567-4322...Kirt Wilson is his name...he is the son of the older guy. They both spread for Elmore County co-op. They have been spreading for a long time and will do it right. The Elmore store does not have a buggy to spread lime with so having them do it will be your best bet.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM