Aldeer.com

Fall price list and WMS

Posted By: Joe4majors

Fall price list and WMS - 08/27/16 12:00 PM

Here is the fall price list at Riverside Seed and Feed in Northport. Apparently they are having some type of mini-deer show Tuesday evening with food, folks from WMS and a game warden there for questions. Has anyone used any of the WMS products?

Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/27/16 01:12 PM

Great stuff
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/27/16 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck
Great stuff

We use Deer Magnet. It does a great job! See for yourself.

Posted By: tbest3

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/27/16 02:24 PM

Deer magnet did well last year for me. The winter peas did fair.
Posted By: Big Rack

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/29/16 04:55 PM

Everything in there store is 10% off today thru Saturday. I got all our seed and fertilizer today.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/29/16 05:15 PM

The deer magnet price keeps going up. I guess that is to compensate for the black oats they added to the mix last year.
Posted By: truedouble

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/29/16 08:37 PM

just ordered 13 bags. We add Coker Oats at 25 lbs per acre. 2Dogs recommended and we like it. Been planting it for 5 years now.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/29/16 10:39 PM

I've always liked the Riverside guys.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/30/16 06:30 AM

Their mixes are a couple dollars more than my local co-ops mixes. Don't forget to check your local co-op.
Posted By: Kounse

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/30/16 11:38 AM

All seed ain't the same. Buyer beware!!! Cheaper wheat or oats over there may not be as good as more expensive over here!

I should say the Riverside and WMS have quality seed!!!

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/30/16 11:49 AM

Coker oats is coker oats. Bob oats is bob oats. Maxie wheat is maxie wheat. CC is cc. Rape is rape. PTT is Ptt.
Posted By: Kounse

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/30/16 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: blumsden
Coker oats is coker oats. Bob oats is bob oats. Maxie wheat is maxie wheat. CC is cc. Rape is rape. PTT is Ptt.

No it's not!!

Age of seed matters. Conditions of how harvested seed is kept or stored matters. The moisture content of stored seed matters. Bug damage... etc...

There's also a percentage of "cleaned seed" or "pure seed" and all seed is NOT cleaned to the same degree. There are allowable percentages of noxious weeds and if you think all seed producers or baggers clean their seed with equal quality, then I have some beach front property to sell you!

Yes, Maxie wheat is maxie wheat and rape is rap... if it's been EQUALLY cared for.

Where did the name "seed" wheat and "feed" wheat come from? Both may be the same kind of wheat but one is feed and one is seed for good reasons.

As with anything... quality matters!

"Oh, it's all the same!!" Well... no, it's not.

Is Biologic, WMS, Pennington, etc... seed more expensive? Of course, it's certified seed and the purity it states on the bag is either dead on or extremely close. And I'd be willing to bet, the seed is not old.

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/30/16 01:12 PM

I've been planting it for years with absolutely no problem. I've also planted feed wheat, feed oats, and birdseed sunflowers with very good results. Pay out the ass if you want, but you don't have to.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Fall price list and WMS - 08/30/16 07:30 PM

I paid $11.70 per 50 pound bag of 17-17-17 today. Hard to beat that!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM