Aldeer.com

WMA- Golden Trees

Posted By: CDillard

WMA- Golden Trees - 08/27/16 11:39 AM

I have a certain Pecan Tree on a WMA that I have arrowed (8) deer 8 years in a row on Opening Day. Out of those (8) I have recovered (6). I was just curious if anyone else had a "Golden Tree" on one of our states WMA's.
Posted By: Bait57

Re: WMA- Golden Trees - 08/27/16 01:17 PM

Don't so much have a "golden tree" so much but I have a few places that I found last year that showed slot of promise. Got some good bucks on camera and harvested one. Of course last season was my first in Alabama since we just moved here.

Now depending on weather, wind and time of year, I have a few places that almost always produce. Of course those were in Virginia, Illinois, West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
Posted By: Dixiecutter

Re: WMA- Golden Trees - 08/27/16 05:54 PM

i have a honeyhole tree at Barbour for a north wind during the acorn drop. never fails. when i chose a nearby tree few years ago and climbed up, what-do-you-know, there was a bow holder screwed into it. so let me re-phrase. me and some other guy have a honeyhole tree lol.
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: WMA- Golden Trees - 08/27/16 07:35 PM

I've got 2 different trees that I've killed about 10 deer out of total on public land.
Posted By: jono23

Re: WMA- Golden Trees - 08/27/16 08:03 PM

I've killed one deer. I was standing on a cracked rock after being in a tree stand for 6 hours. I guess it's my golden crack rock?
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: WMA- Golden Trees - 08/28/16 01:37 PM

I've got a golden tree here in NC. It's an oak of some sort, but it's always dropping right at the start of season. Last two years I've had shots on some does up under it. Not sure if I'll get to hunt it this year though until smoke pole season.

In AL I know where an apple tree is on a certain WMA, and there have been deer killed from under it.. Just not by me.

You can find some honey holes out on the public ground.. Just need to put that boot work in.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: WMA- Golden Trees - 08/28/16 03:10 PM

I've got a group of white oaks i usually kill deer under in the mornings and some persimmons I kill deer under in the afternoon. Both these are on nat frst and I've killed several deer off both over the years and let a lot walk too.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: WMA- Golden Trees - 08/28/16 04:16 PM

Apparently all my bow hunting trees have been made of fool's gold so far...
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: WMA- Golden Trees - 08/29/16 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: jono23
I've killed one deer. I was standing on a cracked rock after being in a tree stand for 6 hours. I guess it's my golden crack rock?

thumbup That explains the instant addiction!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM