Aldeer.com

Fawns

Posted By: ColeT

Fawns - 08/22/16 09:56 PM

I can't catch a break. Hit one bush hogging Saturday, and hit one coming out of work today. Sad sights for sure.
Posted By: Bait57

Re: Fawns - 08/22/16 10:04 PM

I hit one last night with a train
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Fawns - 08/22/16 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Bait57

Ouch!
Posted By: tonyfan14

Re: Fawns - 08/22/16 11:06 PM

well at least it's tender and shredded into pulled bambi
Posted By: Tin_Man

Re: Fawns - 08/22/16 11:49 PM

Who do you work for?
Posted By: Bait57

Re: Fawns - 08/23/16 07:38 AM

Alabama Gulf Coast

I saw it standing there a few seconds before I heard it hit. Basically goes "dong" and that's it. I was sad for the little feller.

Deer, cows, horses, hogs, trees, and tractor trailers don't stand much of a chance. I've hit all of them. And yet I still see people all the time trying to beat us. Idiots think I can stop. Gonna eventually fix stupid at a price
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Fawns - 08/23/16 07:50 AM

I managed to remove one bedded on a dirt road other day. Put it in the bushes away from road

Re: Fawns - 08/27/16 04:57 PM

Alabama Gulf Coast

I saw it standing there a few seconds before I heard it hit. Basically goes "dong" and that's it. I was sad for the little feller.

Deer, cows, horses, hogs, trees, and tractor trailers don't stand much of a chance. I've hit all of them. And yet I still see people all the time trying to beat us. Idiots think I can stop. Gonna eventually fix stupid at a price

I know what you mean. I work mechanical for bnsf so I get to fix handrails, steps, plows, and knuckles when people pull out in front of our locomotives. I often find all kinds of animal body parts stuck on the plow too.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Fawns - 08/27/16 05:55 PM

Leav'em alone! Fawn Lives Matter!
Posted By: Smells

Re: Fawns - 08/27/16 09:28 PM

Saw one smashed on the road today.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Fawns - 08/27/16 10:02 PM

had 2 bedded within 30 yards of my house this morning. They just cutover a lot of beautiful old growth hardwoods in a creek bottom behind my house, and I've got about a 50 yd perimeter buffer around my house that they didn't cut. I guess they like the shade cause it was hot as balls out today about noon
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Fawns - 08/27/16 11:58 PM

I had one bedded up underneath an apple tree of mine. About had a heart attack when it jumped up between my legs. I was raising my 3yr old up to pick an apple so I wasn't looking down.

Re: Fawns - 08/30/16 02:41 AM

I had one run out in front of me this morning. Broke its back legs so I had to go ahead and take it out. It really sucks for sure.

Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Fawns - 08/30/16 05:09 AM

You report that to chuckcheck?
Posted By: deerman24

Re: Fawns - 08/30/16 06:16 AM

sad indeed. Hit one last year in tall grass bushhogging. Made me sick to see that.
Posted By: demp17

Re: Fawns - 08/30/16 07:02 AM

Ive got to where if I do any cutting I do it in mid July because i dont want to hit a fawn.. They are just now dropping on our place. After this little guy came through I had a bob cat and coyote show up several hours later.

Re: Fawns - 08/30/16 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
You report that to chuckcheck?

No, I'll give them a call later laugh
Posted By: Flyway

Re: Fawns - 08/30/16 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Tin_Man
I had one run out in front of me this morning. Broke its back legs so I had to go ahead and take it out. It really sucks for sure.

Saw one dead in the middle of the road Sunday on the way to church. On 119 around Lake Purdy.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM