Aldeer.com

PEANUTS FOR DEER

Posted By: D Wilborn

PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/06/16 05:44 PM

Just got a load of unsalted roasted shelled peanuts. $10.00/ 40 pound bag. Deer breeders use these for the high protein and fat quality for their pregnant does and for antler growth. Plus, the deer love them.
Posted By: jbc

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/06/16 06:30 PM

I assume the coons still like them?

Not much they don't like
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/06/16 07:27 PM

Heck with the deer, are they any good? smile
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/07/16 08:59 AM

other people cant see peanuts as good as they can see corn either.
Posted By: Vernon Tull

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/07/16 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
Heck with the deer, are they any good? smile

CAREFUL with those peanuts! They are heck on your diverticulitis. Ooooo . . . my left side is hurting now just thinking about it. Somebody go get me the Milk of Magnesia . . .
Posted By: D Wilborn

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/10/16 10:58 AM

Everything in the woods love them. Heck, my chickens go straight to a spill I had for three days after the peanuts were gone. The best food product I have ever used.
Posted By: bamtex

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/19/16 12:57 PM

Deer love peanuts. Put them in a gravity feeder and watch the show!
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/29/16 01:40 PM

Has anyone planted them as a food plot? If they are not harvested will they grow back the next year?

Are they expensive to do?
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/29/16 08:34 PM

You have to have a seed drill to to plant them and they are expensive. As soon as they come up the deer will hammer them and eat the whole field. Farmers around here loose hundreds of acres every time they plant them around here,but if you could plant enough of them they produce alot of protein for the deer.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/29/16 08:53 PM

We have a row of peanuts in our garden. Deer are eating our cucumbers and cantaloupes but they haven't touched the peanuts. Maybe they don't know they're supposed to like em. First time we've planted any in 25 years.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/29/16 11:05 PM

First off planting peanuts with a drill is bad wrong. Need wider row spacing. Then you better inoculate. Deer really don't totally wipe out growing peanuts. They can put a hurt on them but don't kill the peanuts out.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/30/16 05:32 AM

I hunted in Selma several years back and when the farmer quit planting corn and soybeans and starting planting peanuts we very rarely saw deer in the fields. For some reason those deer didn't mess with em
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 06/30/16 07:57 AM

Hogs will root and eat them up. Deer seem to eat the un-picked waste.
Posted By: mdf

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 05:58 PM

i know this is an old thread but where can i get peanuts or roasted soybeans for deer close to athens alabama? would the co- op sell them? Or does anyone sell a deer feed with peanuts,soybeans and corn. Would really like to find some as peanuts and soybeans are high in protien

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 06:02 PM

Hillsboro feed. Call them. In Hillsboro Al. Roger should have some

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 06:14 PM

thanks 257 ill try em tomorrow

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 06:16 PM

His blend is roasted peanuts and corn glazed with molasses. My deer murder it

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 06:26 PM

he sell by the bag? and how much? i hunted a place last year with a mix that was almost like that it was called buck yum and the deer went Rambo on it.Im tired of corn its good for carbs but imo it does"nt do much for deer other than fatten them up

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 07:12 PM

Yes 50# bag. I bought a pallet earlier this year. I mix it with shelled corn.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
His blend is roasted peanuts and corn glazed with molasses. My deer murder it

Yep. I figured youd have the secret formula! Cuz I always new you were a Master Baiter! thumbup rofl
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 07:25 PM

As far as I've seen the two top foods for deer are Alfalfa and Peanuts. Alfalfa up North and Peanuts here. Usually the first twelve foot close to the woods gets destroyed. Peanuts put weight on deer too. The deer in central Alabama love 'em.

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 07:43 PM

yea i grew up in south bama and the p-nut farmers would shoot off those cannons to keep deer off then shoot shotgun at us for robbing fields at night. ha i love them as much as any deer, kinda like bubba gump did shrimp.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 10:02 PM

Peanuts are 23-24% protein. Soybeans are higher.

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 02/26/17 10:19 PM

yeah i know i would like to find both.where i hunt the deer just wont hardly eat protein pellets so i thought a mix might do the trick. if i cant find the beans i can get soybean meal that is 40 percent protein
Posted By: kenny1955

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 05/15/17 09:23 AM

peanuts yes sir corn only has starch it's called very good peanuts
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 05/23/17 10:13 AM

They are pretty good boiled and salted.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 05/23/17 12:10 PM

Deer will walk across a green field, clover or corn to get to peanuts.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 05/23/17 05:32 PM

The farmers in the area I hunt plant peanuts fairly often and I've only seen deer in them on a couple of occasions. Like someone else said, they seem to like them better after they have been turned up and harvested. I had an uncle in Chilton county however, that planted peanuts and the deer loved them. Everything my uncle planted though, had deer problems. The deer and coyotes loved to paw his watermelons apart and eat the centers and don't even mention a deer if Uncle Bill was thinking about his pea patch.
Posted By: Breadwinner1

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 05/23/17 08:33 PM

Can you buy feed peanuts in a 40 to 50 pound bag.if so how much would they cost.And can they be shipped if you buy enough.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 05/23/17 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: jawbone
The farmers in the area I hunt plant peanuts fairly often and I've only seen deer in them on a couple of occasions. Like someone else said, they seem to like them better after they have been turned up and harvested. I had an uncle in Chilton county however, that planted peanuts and the deer loved them. Everything my uncle planted though, had deer problems. The deer and coyotes loved to paw his watermelons apart and eat the centers and don't even mention a deer if Uncle Bill was thinking about his pea patch.

I know how he feels. They will get mine like that. The watermelons are really heart breaking to let go. I used to sit at the back door and watch the deer eat the melons. They would get down to the rind and chew it like a leaf. That was just amazing to see that. They would also dig up the peanuts out of the ground.
Posted By: pcoladoc

Re: PEANUTS FOR DEER - 05/24/17 08:37 AM

During the season, I buy/use peanuts in my feeders and the deer seem to prefer over corn,etc. I buy them from a farm in Jay,Fl in bulk. Large 55 gal barrels for $35.00. They usually don't sell until Oct/Nov. I believe. Not sure about shipping.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM