Aldeer.com

PSE bows

Posted By: Cutover

PSE bows - 05/21/16 01:19 AM

Hey guy's I was curious about what everyone thought about the PSE bows Brutus and Stinger which are already loaded for shooting. Does anybody have any personal dealing with these two bows? I am in the market for a new bow and trying to stay under the $600 range, thanks.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: PSE bows - 05/21/16 09:32 AM

I bought the Stinger X last year when I first got into bow hunting, really good bow for the money from what I have seen, killed my first deer with it at 25 yds and got a complete pass through using a 425 grain arrow. From what I have heard form a few people the Stinger X is about the best bow you will find in that price range. I moved up to the Decree in November so I can't tell you anything about the Brutus.
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: PSE bows - 05/21/16 01:48 PM

Guy i know and hunt with got one last year. Has Had no problems killing deer with it. Petty good deal in my opinion. I don't know which one though.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: PSE bows - 05/21/16 03:03 PM

I'd take the brute force over the stinger x. Either one will kill a deer though. If you can find a new stinger 3g, I'd take that over the stinger x.

Re: PSE bows - 05/21/16 03:07 PM

Huntersfriend has several bow packages in your price range.

Re: PSE bows - 05/21/16 07:54 PM

Appreciate fellas!!
Posted By: MC21

Re: PSE bows - 05/22/16 04:10 PM

I bought a stinger about 4 years ago and just now changed the strings best bow fr the money imo
Posted By: deepwoods44

Re: PSE bows - 05/22/16 09:05 PM

I got a xforce drive for 400 I love it
Posted By: AlabamaRebel

Re: PSE bows - 05/23/16 06:50 AM

I bought a used 2012 PSE Stinger 3G off of eBay last year for $250. I used it this past season, but didn't get to go very often. I had one hit on a doe at 40 yards and the arrow went clean through...unfortunately I hit her high and we weren't able to recover her. No fault of the bow of course. I still feel bad about not being able to find her.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: PSE bows - 05/23/16 09:40 AM

can't speak to either of those specific models but I have a 2013 Bowmadness 3G and love it. buddy of mine has the BruteX and it's a shooter too. Can't go wrong with them so I'd expect the stinger would be the same.

From what I've heard, the only downside to the PSE's are the strings - apparently they're not particularly good. I had some issues with the serving coming unwound on mine so I went ahead and got Shaw to replace the string/serving last year.

Re: PSE bows - 06/18/16 04:40 AM

Thanks for all of the help guys I bought a PSE Brute and I love it.

Re: PSE bows - 06/18/16 10:11 AM

Have fun shooting..,
© 2024 ALDEER.COM