Aldeer.com

Buck history month

Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Buck history month - 02/10/16 09:28 PM

well, ever since season ended this year for us on jan 31st, I've been dealing with my hunting withdrawls by looking at past years trailcam pics, and trying to fig out which bucks are which from years past, and which ones aren't with us anymore. While doing so, I discovered that I had much more history with the 8 point I shot than initially thought. Check this out:
1st comes on the scene November 2012. Guessing he was 2 year old 8 point here-

The next year, he grows a 9th point and continues to put on mass:

And the next year, he continued to pack on the mass, and also still had the 9th point. 2014/2015 pic is on the left; 2015/2016 season is on the right

And his final resting place will be on my wall. I initially thought he was a 4 year old, but after seeing all these pics from seasons past, he was at least 5. He didn't have the 9th point when I killed him, but his main beam was bladed there where it looked like it tried to grow one, but never did.

Posted By: jmj120

Re: Buck history - 02/10/16 09:54 PM

You probably got him at his prime
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Buck history - 02/10/16 11:23 PM

thumbup
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Buck history - 02/10/16 11:53 PM

thumbup
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 12:04 AM

thumbup
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 08:00 AM

Cool story
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 08:20 AM

Thats great. I like how you caught him in the same spot in the first two pics almost a year apart.

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: jwillinfl
Thats great. I like how you caught him in the same spot in the first two pics almost a year apart.

Shot him about 500 yards as the crow flies from that spot too. You guys do any good in the Feb season this year?
Posted By: Tracker

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 09:31 AM

Well February is Buck History month!
thumbup

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Tracker
Well February is Buck History month!
thumbup

Thats awesome!!! I love it
Posted By: jono23

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 09:49 AM

Thats great. Cool story and cool deer!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Shot him about 500 yards as the crow flies from that spot too. You guys do any good in the Feb season this year?

We had a couple killed right at the end. Overall it wasn't a bad season. We are going on the state DMAP next year. We've got a great herd on our property. Hit me up sometime and you can come hunt with me. I'm about an hour from your camp (tops) - 15 minutes from the Wal-Mart in Eufaula.

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

We had a couple killed right at the end. Overall it wasn't a bad season. We are going on the state DMAP next year. We've got a great herd on our property. Hit me up sometime and you can come hunt with me. I'm about an hour from your camp (tops) - 15 minutes from the Wal-Mart in Eufaula.

sounds good. be safe this off season
Posted By: bterry1987

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 09:38 PM

That's awesome, congrats on your buck! I really had to look at your pics of him over and over, especially the 15-16 pic of him, and the pic of you holding him. I dunno if it's how you have his ears tucked back, or what. But he looked huge in your hands, compared the the game cam pics! They didn't do him justice, he's an awesome buck. Congrats again!

Re: Buck history - 02/11/16 10:14 PM

Thanks man. Ya,I'll say his newest trailcam pic didn't do him justice. It's weird sometimes; some look much bigger than they actually are,and others, look smaller than they are.
Posted By: James

Re: Buck history month - 02/12/16 12:01 AM

cool
© 2024 ALDEER.COM