Aldeer.com

Chestnut Trees

Posted By: MattMan

Chestnut Trees - 02/06/16 09:35 AM

Is there a place near Birmingham (or Central AL) to buy Chestnut trees?
Posted By: Frogeye

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/06/16 10:37 AM

Holmestead Farms shows they have them, between Sylacauga and Millersville just off SR 148 on CR 7 in Clay County. Don't know anything about pricing. 256 four oh four 4316. You can look them up on the web.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/06/16 10:39 AM

select wal marts will have them gardendale usually does.
Posted By: BamaPlowboy

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/06/16 05:14 PM

You can buy online from several sources, Mossy oak native nursery, wildlife group, chestnut hill treefarm..
Posted By: MattMan

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/06/16 11:48 PM

Thanks for the info.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/07/16 08:37 AM

the walmart trees are from Chestnut Hill Farms....
Posted By: Drake_Michael

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/08/16 08:41 PM

I've got about 500 Chinese chestnut saplings for sale for $5 each. Theyre between 10 inches and 2 ft tall. Pm me if your interested.
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/09/16 02:07 PM

Those dang trees are from the devil. We had a great big chestnut tree in our backyard growing up. OMG chestnut wars were painful. It sure did hurt stepping on them with bare feet which I had to have done over a thousand times.
Posted By: Gib

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/09/16 04:00 PM

If you want to plant a bunch of them they're really easy to grow as well. Have grown around 1000 in the last 3 years.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/09/16 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: MattMan

After you get a few going check out the threads on here. QDMA forums They have discussions on grafting and doing alot with chestnuts (and a lot of other species).

And before one of you yahoos starts complaining about QDM you can stick it in your ear. This site has tons of information for anyone regardless of your QDM likes or dislikes.
Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/09/16 10:09 PM

I also endorse the QDMA forums. There are a lot of guys on there sharing their knowledge re: trees and habitat improvement, among other things.
Originally Posted By: sumpter_al
Originally Posted By: MattMan

After you get a few going check out the threads on here. QDMA forums They have discussions on grafting and doing alot with chestnuts (and a lot of other species).

And before one of you yahoos starts complaining about QDM you can stick it in your ear. This site has tons of information for anyone regardless of your QDM likes or dislikes.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/10/16 07:17 AM

I second the QDMA forums. A ton of knowledge on that site and a great bunch of guys who really try to help. I recieved about 50 chinese chestnuts in the mail from WPD on that site, and direct seeded them, a few months ago and i am excited to see how they do.

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/10/16 10:33 AM

These are some of the trees I've got for sale.
Posted By: EarlPitts

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/10/16 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Drake_Michael

These are some of the trees I've got for sale.
Are you sponsored by Jack's?
On a serious note, when do they drop the nuts
Posted By: Shaneomac1

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/10/16 01:12 PM

lmfao^^

Re: Chestnut Trees - 02/10/16 03:16 PM

No haha. I had somebody with a lot of jacks cups so that's what I used this year haha. But they drop anywhere from from mid September to mid October. I picked up the first chestnuts September 19 and the last few October 12.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM