Aldeer.com

Conecuh County Rut Report

Posted By: bamabeagler

Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/19/16 05:44 PM

Headed down to the Repton/Evergreen area Saturday for a week. Anybody seeing any early rut activity?
Posted By: jacannon

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/19/16 06:18 PM

Strange year.. Woods are full of scrapes and have been since bow season. I had bucks chasing on camera back before Christmas. We had a young man kill a small 6 point opening day. Only buck so far and we usually have 8-10 good ones by now.
Posted By: Waldo

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/19/16 08:57 PM

I haven't seen any chasing but the larger bucks have started showing up on camera more. Small bucks were still grouped up last week though.
Posted By: Huntin' Nole

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/21/16 12:16 PM

I hunt near Castleberry in Conecuh Co. and the bucks started moving during the MLK weekend. I saw one trailing a doe (wouldn't call it chasing just yet) and a guy next door to our property shot a great buck chasing a doe on Monday afternoon. It's about to turn on any day now.

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/21/16 01:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to keep y'all posted on what we see once we get there.
Posted By: Cooksumrice

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/21/16 03:15 PM

Where in evergreen are you bamabeagler? I'm also in evergreen of hwy 77. Fresh rubs and scrapes started heating up 2 weeks ago. I'll be there again this weekend. Hopefully the wind can lay down a little.

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/21/16 04:14 PM

We are north of Evergreen on Hwy 11.

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/24/16 10:46 AM

Headed that way on Wednesday. Will try and give a report if my service allows.

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/24/16 11:09 AM

So far we are seeing a lot of chasing. I had 3 bucks chase does by me yesterday evening and 2 this morning. From all indications it is on down here right now.
Posted By: fromthedepths

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/24/16 08:35 PM

No chasing yet in range
Posted By: fireman176

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/24/16 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: fromthedepths
No chasing yet in range

You might better check again because a friend of mine killed an 8pt Friday and 9pt Saturday in Range.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/24/16 09:44 PM

We are in Monroe co just west of burnt corn and we are seeing lots of doe with yearlings and only a few small bucks. No chasing yet. Been here since last Tuesday and no one has seen a shooter yet. Hope it starts happening here in the next few days.

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/25/16 07:27 AM

Killed this one yesterday morning in Conecuh. Saw several chasing, this one came cruising through a powerline about 9:30.

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/25/16 08:49 AM

thumbup nice deer! Save some for the rest of us!

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/25/16 03:05 PM

Didn't see action this weekend with the wind. Saw a small 6 cruising the path of 2 yearlings 1 hr after they passed. Have a few big ones showing up on camera hours after the does pass. Lots of night time movement. Will be back up there this Friday.
Posted By: mikenmeg

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/25/16 03:31 PM

Our club had a 4pt and two 8pts shot this weekend, none of them were chasing does though. They're necks were swollen and their antlers had fresh green on them from rubbing trees. That was the first time anyone had seen antlers on our lease this entire year, besides trail cam pics.
Posted By: gobblebox

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/25/16 09:40 PM

Buddy of mine killed a big 6 checking scrapes yesterday and a 10 point following a doe this morning just outside of evergreen,I know of a few more that's been killed in the area the past few days,it's pretty hot around there right now

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/26/16 12:53 PM

Well yall have talked me into it. This Louisiana hunter is heading back up tomorrow and staying till Sunday.
Posted By: sethjamtoe

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/26/16 02:05 PM

I'll be in the woods Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday just east of Evergreen in Mt Union. Hopefully they moving good. A buddy watched 3 bucks sparring and going at it this past weekend on the neighboring property.
Posted By: flatrock15

Re: Conecuh County Rut Report - 01/28/16 08:45 AM

Well since i have some Evergreen area guys in the same place... Anyone know of a club in that area that will be looking for members for 16-17? im in a club now that's in owassa/flatrock, but im not happy with it at all.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM