Aldeer.com

LFTT 1/6/16

Posted By: SLAYER

LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 06:37 AM

Bout to make the walk in hoping this wind doesn't get out of hand and the deer get on their feet.... Gonna be perched up on the side of a clear cut in the ol Warren and Sweat... Good luck to all who's getting the chance to hunt today
Posted By: BamaWes14

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 06:51 AM

I'm here behind the house over watching over back side of my field
Posted By: bigt

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 07:25 AM

Just got in my stand.....good luck everyone!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 07:35 AM

Good luck everyone. I decided I would wait and go out a little later and sit all day. I've tried the early morning route a few days in a row and not seeing anything. Going to start on a clear cut then move back in the woods mid-day.
Posted By: jhogeland

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 07:53 AM

Hunting in Blount County this morning on a property that we've gotten lots buck pics on in the last couple weeks. Ran one off coming in but too dark to see what it was.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By: jwillinfl
Good luck everyone. I decided I would wait and go out a little later and sit all day. I've tried the early morning route a few days in a row and not seeing anything. Going to start on a clear cut then move back in the woods mid-day.

Oh I see....gonna try and clap em up good then? I heard that!
Posted By: PERRYCOUNTY

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 08:13 AM

Well... HATERS GONNA HATE!!! Ya'll can make fun of my hunting technique if you want but I hunted 3 ridges this afternoon jumping 4 does and a spike on the first, nothing on the second and 3 does and a basket 6 on the third in the Talladega National Forest below Centerville. Coulda killed 2 does that just stood up but I am horn hunting now as I have two in the freezer this year already. What did ya'll see or kill?? The only person I see with meat on the ground is Illusion. NICE BUCK MAN!!! As a wise man told me, "Don't knock it till you try it." Does not work all the time but, "HATERS GONNA HATE !!!" That was yesterday. Coulda easily killed the 2 does and possibly the basket 6 as he stopped about 170 yards away looking confused. Today would be a good day for it too around 11-3.LAUGH IF YA'LL WANT.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By: PERRYCOUNTY
Well... HATERS GONNA HATE!!! Ya'll can make fun of my hunting technique if you want but I hunted 3 ridges this afternoon jumping 4 does and a spike on the first, nothing on the second and 3 does and a basket 6 on the third in the Talladega National Forest below Centerville. Coulda killed 2 does that just stood up but I am horn hunting now as I have two in the freezer this year already. What did ya'll see or kill?? The only person I see with meat on the ground is Illusion. NICE BUCK MAN!!! As a wise man told me, "Don't knock it till you try it." Does not work all the time but, "HATERS GONNA HATE !!!" That was yesterday. Coulda easily killed the 2 does and possibly the basket 6 as he stopped about 170 yards away looking confused. Today would be a good day for it too around 11-3.LAUGH IF YA'LL WANT.

Hey, man. Post us a video sometime.
Posted By: deerhunter_1

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 08:34 AM

It's hard to let a plump 3 point walk when you need a little more meat in the freezer.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 08:45 AM

Must be a Bibb county think. The old man that watched out for our place use to do something similar. Get to a ridge in a cutover and roll a log or rock down the hill and shoot anything he jumped up. Said he's killed many a bucks that way!

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 08:46 AM

Be glad to. Once I get the deer I've hunted for 2 years. I've been doing this for 25+ years and it works folks. Yes an older hunter taught me how to do it back in 87 or 88. I'm hunting in PERRY CTY. Guess I shoulda just kept my technique to myself cause HATERS GONNA HATE !!!
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 08:50 AM

I'm gonna try it next weekend.
Posted By: Acorn

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:06 AM

I've heard of people using bottle rockets to jump deer up in clearcuts before too. Never tried it myself though. I have seen a 150" deer that was killed in a very similar manner to what PERRYCOUNTY described. Just doesn't work as well with a lot of today's trophy rules. Hard to judge them running through a cutover.

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:09 AM

GOOD LUCK !!!! Just remember it doesn't work every time but I went 2 for 3 yesterday. Most days its like 1 for 3 or less. But it will put deer on the ground when most of ya'll are sittin in camp shooting the bull or waiting on 2 o'clock. Especially on public land because deer pattern hunters just like hunters try and pattern deer.
Posted By: Aubcubfan

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:13 AM

Funny thing is, I believe that it works, I just haven't had an opportunity to try it yet.
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:18 AM

Ive used rocks to jump deer in thick cut overs. Clapping ain't much different I reckon. Don't normally use that tactic till the end of the season rolls around, but i have seen it work.

All that aside, somebody better be putting something on the ground today. It's pretty dang cold here in NC this morning. North AL don't vary that much from the weather here (except in Western NC). The deer have to be on their feet this morning.
Posted By: ChrisAU

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:18 AM

I've done it before. It works. Used to have one property that had a dried up pond on it that had grown up. Never failed that you could sneak out to it on a hot day and throw a couple rocks in the grass that had grown in it and a deer would hop up, it still had a soft mud bottom and they struggled to get out of it quicky.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:20 AM

I ain't never clapped, just stomp around in the cutover or throw rocks or logs, make a bunch of racket. Deer will jump and run. Most will stop and allow a shot. It is not hard to judge one you will know if it's a shooter.
Posted By: HoofNSpur

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:23 AM

I have thrown rocks into a clear cut and jump deer.
Posted By: jdfarm23

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:27 AM

Just clapped one in to me on a clearcut here in Russell County. Wasn't planning on shooting a doe but when she's standing back towards the truck blowing at you and it's so windy you can't even hear her, it makes you say what the hell. Just gonna keep sittin

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:27 AM

Originally Posted By: deerhunter_1
It's hard to let a plump 3 point walk when you need a little more meat in the freezer.

Not really......
Posted By: Jwbfx4

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:33 AM

Seen a small 7 point earlier and just had a coyote come by, but no shot.

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:34 AM

No clapping but I did jump one walking in. It was laying down in the cut and didn't give me time to shoot.

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: bigt

Not really......

Exactly
Posted By: hunting13

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:39 AM

I walk cutovers all the time. Ive clapped from a ridge and had them pop up. I take a slingshot to shoot rocks into thick cover in ditches or tree tops etc. works well a lot of times. hell, I thought everybody did this

Anyway I'm posted up in the barn with the heater going watching a standing corn field with a greenfield in the middle
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:49 AM

I try not to jump deer out of their bedding areas.

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:52 AM

Yep, I thought everyone did this too. In my experience, while walking it is OK to silhouette yourself on the ridge but once u have a good vantage point come off the ridge just a bit and be still for 5 minutes or so. Then clap, throw rocks or logs etc. They get nervous if they can't pick you out but know you are there.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: jwillinfl
Originally Posted By: bigt

Not really......

Exactly

If you need some meat please let me know
Posted By: RonF

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 09:58 AM

Haven't seen a thing yet. About time for them to eat ya think?
Posted By: PRB

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: RonF
Haven't seen a thing yet. About time for them to eat ya think?

You're being too quiet. Clap, stomp, stomp, clap....

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 10:04 AM

lol I guess so

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 10:19 AM

Just saw two does and a fawn since 9....
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 12:34 PM

Shot at a big 8 this morning. I am sick. No hair, blood, or anything at the impact sight. I was shooting from a new ladder stand without any kind of rest, 60 yard shot.

Just a big hole in the ground right behind where he was standing and two pin drops of blood 20 yards away. Searched for over an hour and a half for some blood sign. He ran into a bottom and up out the back and I heard him blowing at me for around a minute.

I guess his blowing means I didn't hit anything important. The bullet had to of deflected off a pine twig or vine, I've practiced shooting free hand at 50 yards plenty.

Saw another hunter loading a buck on the way home, north Tuscaloosa. Take advantage of these cold days if y'all can.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: dirkdaddy

I guess his blowing means I didn't hit anything important. The bullet had to of deflected off a pine twig or vine, I've practiced shooting free hand at 50 yards plenty.

Saw another hunter loading a buck on the way home, north Tuscaloosa. Take advantage of these cold days if y'all can.

I know it burns. It sounds like he still had his senses about him so he will live. Free handing is tough. Get yourself a Horton Kneepod. It rests on your knee and the height can be adjusted.
Posted By: PRB

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 12:55 PM

I've got the boat hooked up for the first time this year. Headed to the river to hunt TVA. It's about time for them to get silly around here.
Posted By: Abram

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 12:58 PM

Aren't doe days over in the National Forest?

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 01:03 PM

Don't know. I quite shooting does around DEC 19TH. Had 2 by then and that's all I needed. Killed one in the forest and one on private land.
Posted By: RonBuck

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 02:58 PM

I just cane across the perfect spot , I'm 20 ft up in some hardwoods . I'm about to crank up the pandora, and crack Open a cold one and wait on a spike
Posted By: Geno

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 03:48 PM

Quote:

Yes.
Posted By: JCarter

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: RonBuck
I just cane across the perfect spot , I'm 20 ft up in some hardwoods . I'm about to crank up the pandora, and crack Open a cold one and wait on a spike

Lol
Posted By: SLAYER

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:01 PM

Just got set up on top of a hardwood Ridge looking over a creek bottom... Gotta big old 7 in here last 2 nights hope he messes up and comes out a Lil earlier today...

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: SLAYER
Just got set up on top of a hardwood Ridge looking over a creek bottom... Gotta big old 7 in here last 2 nights hope he messes up and comes out a Lil earlier today...

Sounds like you in my spot

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:13 PM

I thought I was the only one that did this!!!

I'm hunting this afternoon but not that style. After a big deer I call Jameis Winston. Cameras show him in here pretty regular when I'm not here. I'm hoping our paths will eventually cross!

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10

I thought I was the only one that did this!!!

I'm hunting this afternoon but not that style. After a big deer I call Jameis Winston. Cameras show him in here pretty regular when I'm not here. I'm hoping our paths will eventually cross!

Does he steal your crab legs?

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:31 PM

[quote=jlbuc10]Does he steal your crab legs?

No but he does have crab claw points

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:31 PM

I'm hoping this fella comes out today. [img:center][/img]

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:33 PM

Just had a doe come through , shaken her arse to the music , she didbt even smell my beer and didbt have a clue I was here . Hell I might only climb 10 ft tomorrow . I shoulda brought the grill and had a party up in here .
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:34 PM

[img][IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums...afmwx.jpg[/img][/img]

I'm hoping this fella comes out today.

FAIL

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkBAMA
[img][IMG]http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums...afmwx.jpg[/img][/img]

I'm hoping this fella comes out today.

FAIL

No love for the rookie.
Posted By: JCarter

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 04:50 PM

Just had a doe come through , shaken her arse to the music , she didbt even smell my beer and didbt have a clue I was here . Hell I might only climb 10 ft tomorrow . I shoulda brought the grill and had a party up in here .

Probably kill the biggest one of us all
Posted By: CNC

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 05:26 PM

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 07:34 PM

4 does/fawns for me
Posted By: BamaWes14

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 07:53 PM

Seen a 7pt and a doe:
Posted By: Thelonegoose

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Abram

Can't you kill a doe with a bow on national forest now? I called the game wardens office the other day and they said thats how they understood it, but they told me to call the national forest office to verify the regulations. I havent gotten around to calling them yet. can anyone confirm?

Re: LFTT 1/6/16 - 01/06/16 07:59 PM

CLAPPING ENDING......OK guys it has been fun and I will leave you with this......Never think that you know all....I certainly don't know all but this works for me. For all you " HATERS " out there JUST GIVE IT A TRY. Who says we can't learn from someone else. I certainly learn from you guys every year. I just chose to participate yesterday but been lurking for awhile See the " CLAPPING " post in General Discussion. Kinda caused a stir huh??? And for GOBBLE......BACK AT YA GOBBLE!!! And for PRB.... It WORKS BEST in January during the cold snaps from 10-2 during mid-day. GOOD LUCK and report please.... ALL OF YOU GUYS. Will be interested to see if anyone has the success I have had over the past 25 years. Started doing this when I was 26. PASS IT ON !!! ADIOUS..... TILL NEXT TIME!!!!!

© 2024 ALDEER.COM