Aldeer.com

Gordo, Al

Posted By: centralbama

Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 02:25 PM

May have a opportunity to lease some property down there next year. Haven't hunted that area. Those that have hunted it can you tell me what you think. Quality and quantity?
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 02:26 PM

go ahead and lease it and I'll go check it out for you. thumbup
Posted By: centralbama

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 02:28 PM

Haha it will be me and one other person so I'd be stupid not to right?
Posted By: Hav2Hunt

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 02:47 PM

Depends on where at in Gordo I live ten miles north plenty of deer and good quality ten miles south of gordo not so good
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 03:10 PM

Biggest problem that way is "who's your neighbor?" Good hunting over there. I've killed some good deer and turkey in that area. Also had poacher problems. Locals like to hunt wherever.
Posted By: Hav2Hunt

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 03:24 PM

NFHunter is right poaching is big and night hunting in the county is even bigger couple of years ago I hand someone post no hunting sign on my property not a lease my own property then last year had someone on my lease take pictures of their Johnson with my trail cameras unstrap em and sit them on the ground the picture sure wasn't the buck I was looking for.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Hav2Hunt
last year had someone on my lease take pictures of their Johnson with my trail cameras.
That's actually pretty funny
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 03:42 PM

my buddy killed a 170 in gordo last year, sooooo they're there. Plenty of turkeys too
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

last year had someone on my lease take pictures of their Johnson with my trail cameras.
That's actually pretty funny

Thats actually halarious...I'm sorry haha
Posted By: AC870

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 07:15 PM

My kinfolk don't get down that way or I might know who the pecker picture belongs to.
Posted By: Big Rack

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 07:44 PM

Just to Re-Cap:

Depends on where at in Gordo. South of gordo not so good

Originally Posted By: NFHunter
Biggest problem that way is "who's your neighbor?" Also had poacher problems. Locals like to hunt wherever.

NFHunter is right poaching is big and night hunting in the county is even bigger. I hand someone post no hunting sign on my property, then last year had someone on my lease take pictures of their Johnson with my trail cameras unstrap em and sit them on the ground.

Why would anybody want to hunt near Gordo?
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Rack
Just to Re-Cap:

Depends on where at in Gordo. South of gordo not so good

Originally Posted By: NFHunter
Biggest problem that way is "who's your neighbor?" Also had poacher problems. Locals like to hunt wherever.

NFHunter is right poaching is big and night hunting in the county is even bigger. I hand someone post no hunting sign on my property, then last year had someone on my lease take pictures of their Johnson with my trail cameras unstrap em and sit them on the ground.

Why would anybody want to hunt near Gordo?

That's a good question.
Posted By: chad1980

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/01/15 09:25 PM

I have been leasing about 700 acres around Benevola Road, I like what I've seen so far we have hunted a total of 5 days in the last two years. We have several pigs and deer. Killed a nice 8 last year on the only day we hunted in January. I hunted opening weekend of rifle season and saw several does and a couple pigs. Seems to be a decent population, neighbors seem to be good guys never had a problem with poachers yet, that we have found anyway.
Posted By: MOSSYBUCK

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/03/15 10:13 AM

I live in Gordo. The hunting here is pretty dang good. As far as Big Rack asking why anyone would want to hunt here. I can give you 3 reasons in the 150s and 2 more in the 160s. All these were killed in the last 4 years. If you want to PM me about the certain area feel free.
Posted By: Lancecaller

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/03/15 10:15 AM

Nobody ask for your opinion Craig!!
Posted By: MOSSYBUCK

Re: Gordo, Al - 12/03/15 10:23 AM

If you weren't family! Are you headed to Cades Cove yet?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM