Aldeer.com

Poacher got caught

Posted By: Bamabucks14

Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 04:55 PM

The land I hunt is bordered by a distant relative of mine who doesn't hunt much. Well yesterday evening he was in f on Nashville for his families thanksgiving. While I was at mine, stuffing my face, he apparently decide to do a little walking on his dad's property. He sat on a field and watched and deer came in and all the sudden BOOM! 4 point ran off and he followed. He ended up finding the deer, the poacher, his son, and the poacher's dad. He got their names etc. and the poacher said well I lease and hunt this land that borders yours. So my distant cousin went and called the Game Wardens and when they went back to the deer, they and the deer were gone. Crazy thing is when my cousin said the guy's name they already knew where he lives.....he got caught poaching another place 20 days ago! He has stands all alone the property lines facing my cousin's and our land but hey he leased that area so there is nothing to do about it and I really didn't care. So they got a $2,000 fine each, the poacher's dad got more because he did not have a AL hunting license. All rifle were confiscated and the main poacher may lose his job because it's very possible his security clearance at the Arsenal may be taken away because it's his second offense within 30 days. It's just weird because I've talked to the guy before. He seemed honest and a family man. The people he leases the land from that borders my cousin's are from Nashville too and he actually subleases it out to a couple other people so I thought that was a little sketchy but I'm not too mosey and try not to get in other people's business. They may face some jail time too but not sure. Anyways, glad to see him get caught and for all you guys that work at the Arsenal, his name is Joseph Conley (maybe Connley). I don't mind putting his name on here because he obviously doesn't mind poaching.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 05:00 PM

Well, if he was caught, his name will be a matter of public record. Glad y'all caught a poacher.
Posted By: firemanrob12

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 05:01 PM

Just sent him an invite to play candy crush saga on Tha facebook. That'll teach em...

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 05:02 PM

Lol

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Remington270
Well, if he was caught, his name will be a matter of public record. Glad y'all caught a poacher.

And how do you find these public records?
Posted By: Reaper

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 05:57 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 06:12 PM

Good job. What goes around comes around. I hate poachers
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 06:17 PM

thumbup I can't stand a thief, can't stand a free-loader looking for handouts, and darn sure can't stand a poacher. Glad to read/hear stories like this.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 06:24 PM

Security clearance is probably toast. Of course somebody could call security and give them a heads up. I know the man that would like to know.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 06:59 PM

I'd contact the landowner and tell them about the problems caused by the guy they are letting lease it and offer to lease it from them to help keep it secure.
Posted By: WhiteCityHunter

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 07:16 PM

Deer make some people stupid. I have zero tolerance for game law violators. Thank God our FWC Law Enforcement is so aggressive. If you report poaching, bet your ass they are on the case. I had a problem three years ago and warden set up for five nights in a row with night vision goggles on and ended up busting two poschers. Both also had meth in their possession. White trash was selling the venison for dope $!
Posted By: Mossy454

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 07:28 PM

"He seemed honest and a family man"
What is it about otherwise decent people, that they turn into, well what would you call it, greedy, selfish poachers? No doubt, when I was younger I made some poor decisions. A lot of us have. But it sounds like this was reinforced by 2 generations. At every chance, we have to drive it into these young ones heads, do it legal and do it the right way. Not because of the anti-hunting nuts, but because of fair chase. I've seen a lot of pictures and stories of kids on this site and their dads taking them hunting. Doing it the RIGHT way. There will always be a few bad apples. I'm glad you posted this and called them out.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
I'd contact the landowner and tell them about the problems caused by the guy they are letting lease it and offer to lease it from them to help keep it secure.

That was my first thought.
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/28/15 08:46 PM

I would do the same. I would also ask if they knew he was subleasing the place.

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

I would do the same. I would also ask if they knew he was subleasing the place.

I plan on it and no, I am pretty sure they have no idea he was subleasing it.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Bamabucks14

I don't know but I bet you a dollar 49er would know. PM me if you want his email address grin
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 12:34 AM

I'll see what I can find. It will be in the paper, court docs, etc.

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT

Thanks, all of that for dang 4pt. It's kinda said because my cousin said he was sobbing and crying to the game warden to not charge him so he doesn't lose his clearance. He said he audio recorded him begging. The guy has a wife a daughter or two and a son. He should be feeling bad because he quite possibly just put a huge burden on his family.
Posted By: trachntr

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 11:24 AM

Good, another poacher caught. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 11:49 AM

Thanks, all of that for dang 4pt. It's kinda said because my cousin said he was sobbing and crying to the game warden to not charge him so he doesn't lose his clearance. He said he audio recorded him begging. The guy has a wife a daughter or two and a son. He should be feeling bad because he quite possibly just put a huge burden on his family.

I caught a fella night hunting from a RR truck on the tracks near Boligee. Had a Q beam and a Savage 99 rifle. He was a Supervisor for the RR and risking his job and pension for a stinking deer.......
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 11:57 AM

If the county doesn't publish them on a website already, you'll have to request them. Some will make you fill out a Freedom of Information Request Form but they can't deny giving it to you. If it is public record that means it is obtainable, but doesn't mean it is necessarily easy to get over the internet.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 05:21 PM

I'd make dang sure that whoever needs to know about the ordeal, knew about the ordeal. Someone like that shouldn't have "clearance." I'm sure there are many, many others who have it and shouldn't but that's no reason to let someone keep it that shouldn't have it. If he gets let off the hook, he'll be back at it again.

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 05:32 PM

Yea deer do crazy things to otherwise good folk but yea Fur, I'm pretty sure the people who needed to know heard.
Posted By: goodoleboy

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 08:06 PM

Did this happen in Madison County? I think I heard a similar story last night....

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 09:53 PM

Yes it did

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 09:59 PM

Good deal! The GW's there are sharp guys! I know them both....I think most of the poachers in and around there do too! ;-)

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 10:06 PM

Haha good deal indeed! Have you seen anything about it online or anything? I'd like to read about it just because lol

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 10:27 PM

Ironically enough, I heard about it in Cabela's from a few guys that live around Meridianville. Seems the boys had a big day in the North end of the county yesterday! I think the who's who of poachers in Hazel Green and Meridianville got to autograph tickets yesterday.
Posted By: Morris

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/29/15 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred

I caught a fella night hunting from a RR truck on the tracks near Boligee. Had a Q beam and a Savage 99 rifle. He was a Supervisor for the RR and risking his job and pension for a stinking deer.......

I'd imagine that's pretty serious there. Wouldn't federal law kick in on that with the RR tracks?

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/30/15 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: goodoleboy
Ironically enough, I heard about it in Cabela's from a few guys that live around Meridianville. Seems the boys had a big day in the North end of the county yesterday! I think the who's who of poachers in Hazel Green and Meridianville got to autograph tickets yesterday.

Awesome!
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Poacher got caught - 11/30/15 07:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Morris

I'd imagine that's pretty serious there. Wouldn't federal law kick in on that with the RR tracks?

no
© 2024 ALDEER.COM