Aldeer.com

Hunt of a Lifetime

Posted By: SquirrelSlayer

Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/25/15 11:05 PM

Took my oldest son (3 yrs. old, will be 4 this Saturday) on his first hunt this afternoon. I let him pick the stand of course. We got settled into the shooting house around 2:45. The stand overlooks a fairly large food plot planted in wheat/rape and biologic maximum located in a pine thicket. By 3:30 we were already into the pop-tarts and goldfish, when 3 hens entered the field and began feeding. At 3:45, a doe entered the field and a couple small bucks came in around 4:15. Finally, about 5:00 3 more does came into the field before we ran out of light. He was so excited and hasn't stopped talked about what all we saw. On the ride home, I began talking to him about the Thanksgiving holiday and how we have SO MUCH to be thankful for! He followed the talk up with how thankful he is for his momma, daddy, and baby brother. I've had the privilege of experiencing some pretty good hunts and been blessed to harvest some great bucks but this hunt definitely tops them all!! Hope you guys have a very Blessed Thanksgiving!!!!
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/25/15 11:33 PM

That's what it's all about.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/25/15 11:37 PM

Good stuff there!

Congrats!
Posted By: rut_n_strut75

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 12:25 AM

That's awesome! And I wish the same to you and yours! thumbup
Posted By: exciteman

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 02:24 AM

That's great!
Posted By: Tambo252

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 07:01 AM

That's awesome. Cherish those little talks. Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted By: LoCo

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 07:32 AM

Sounds fun. It only gets better. Mine's 6 and he's been sneaking up on turkeys since he was 3.
Posted By: turkey_killer

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 07:37 AM

Awesome
Posted By: top cat

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 08:21 AM

thumbup
Posted By: albowhntr

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 08:46 AM

Very nice! Happy Thanksgiving all!
Posted By: Bud Meadows

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 09:08 AM

Good deal. My little boys are 44 and 41 now and have kids of their own.
Posted By: demp17

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 09:51 AM

Awesome!! Passing it on!!

I carried my 4 year old last weekend to a little food plot that hadn't been hunted. He has been with me before but we've never seen any deer and I wasn't sure how he would handle seeing me shot one. Bout 430 5 does walked out and when he saw them he said "daddy shoot them" ha ha. So I picked out the biggest doe and popped her. After I put my gun down he was hugging me and cheering like I just shot a 190" 12 point. He was out of the shooting house before I could even try to get our stuff together. When I finally got down he tore out across the field to where they were. I showed him what to look for and he kept saying dad she went in right here why you over there. Well he was right so we went to edge of woods and I told him to look for blood or if he was looking in woods look for a white belly. Not 5 seconds later he said daddy there she is. He dang near tackled me he was so excited. Best hunt of my life!
Posted By: Big Buck Video

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 09:54 AM

Good stuff right there!
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: Hunt of a Lifetime - 11/26/15 11:22 AM

Great reads. Brings back memories of my own. Keep at it with them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM