Aldeer.com

sold my summit viper today

Posted By: jsmith51

sold my summit viper today - 11/25/15 09:43 PM

And bought a summit viper today. At bass pro shops on sale! Got to christen it tommorow, show it how me and him are going to do things. Lol. Last one was good to me, i loved it but it was time for a new one. This one is crush series, i think footrest is all thats different.
Posted By: deerkiller25

Re: sold my summit viper today - 11/25/15 09:50 PM

I bought the same one 2 or 3 weeks ago i like it but the paint chips easy and comes off. Nothing a can of spray paint cant fix.
Posted By: jsmith51

Re: sold my summit viper today - 11/25/15 10:02 PM

Dang 3 weeks already chipping
Posted By: turkey_killer

Re: sold my summit viper today - 11/25/15 10:08 PM

I threatened to sell mine today. No matter how I adjusted it on the tree (looser or tighter) it would squeak badly when I sat down or stood up. Spent the first 3 hours standing then sat down and wondered how I was gonna stand up if a deer walked in. I bought it new last year so it's not in bad shape.

Re: sold my summit viper today - 11/25/15 10:11 PM

Sure is only bow hunted out of it about 8-10 times. Mine is chipping on the platform close to were you screw the screws for the footrest.read were the sd line does that. Something about a different kind of paint.

Re: sold my summit viper today - 11/25/15 10:18 PM

Mine doesn't squeak yet. I like the stand just paint chips easy. I did notice if i wrap my seat cord above the top cabal the seat rubs the tree so i just hook it on the top cable and all good
Posted By: bill

Re: sold my summit viper today - 11/25/15 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: turkey_killer
I threatened to sell mine today. No matter how I adjusted it on the tree (looser or tighter) it would squeak badly when I sat down or stood up. Spent the first 3 hours standing then sat down and wondered how I was gonna stand up if a deer walked in. I bought it new last year so it's not in bad shape.

Call Summit. That squeaking is micro cracks in the welds. It happens from leaving the stand in the woods for prolonged periods and the metal continually expanding and contracting. Summit will replace it no charge.
Posted By: turkey_killer

Re: sold my summit viper today - 11/25/15 10:43 PM

I hunt public land. I take it in and out with me every time. I do not leave it in the woods. I've hunted about 10 days this year and this was the first time it was really a big issue. If a tree stand can't perform in cold weather there is a problem.
Posted By: bill

Re: sold my summit viper today - 11/26/15 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: turkey_killer
I hunt public land. I take it in and out with me every time. I do not leave it in the woods. I've hunted about 10 days this year and this was the first time it was really a big issue. If a tree stand can't perform in cold weather there is a problem.

If you didn't leave it in the woods there was some other cause. I had Summits that are 10 years old that were quiet as a mouse and I had some that would creak and squeak after leaving them in the woods for a week or two. Summit always took care of any issue I ever had, though.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM