Aldeer.com

High End Hunting Packs

Posted By: Rocket62

High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 08:48 AM

I'm looking to buy a new backpack that I can use hunting/camping. I'd like to hear comments from ya'll on your backpacks with similar features. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Large volume (around 60 liters)
  • Internal/external frame preferred
  • Camo pattern
  • Customizable attachments
  • Lots of outer attach points/pockets
  • Prefer a military grade pack
  • Under or around $200

At this point I am considering two packs ...
Does anyone have experience / comments on these two packs?
Does anyone have a better pack?

1) Eberlestock F2 Transformer

2) USMC GEN 2 Marpat Woodland ILBE Main Pack

Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 10:31 AM

I stopped using a big(ger) pack two seasons ago. Found that if it was bigger I just put more heavy crap in it that I didn't need. Got tired of dragging extraneous stuff all over the woods.

Went to a smaller every day hunt pack and very happy. If I go back in where I might desire to quarter in stead of drag out, I will take a bit bigger pack
Posted By: jbc

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 10:33 AM

I have an Ebrelstock, (smaller than what you're looking at) but it has been great. Very high quality

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Oscarflytyer
I stopped using a big(ger) pack two seasons ago. Found that if it was bigger I just put more heavy crap in it that I didn't need. Got tired of dragging extraneous stuff all over the woods.

Went to a smaller every day hunt pack and very happy. If I go back in where I might desire to quarter in stead of drag out, I will take a bit bigger pack

I use a small pack for most hunts but if I'm going to camp overnight (or two or three) that ain't gonna work
Posted By: mcninja

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 10:54 AM

1st looks nice, but I can vouch for the USMC ILBE...Spent a lot of time and many miles with one of those on my back. smile

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: mcninja
1st looks nice, but I can vouch for the USMC ILBE...Spent a lot of time and many miles with one of those on my back. smile

So it's comfortable with a decent sized load? Durable?

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 11:11 AM

Definitely durable. And surprisingly comfortable. Just make sure you get it pulled up nice and tight up on your back. If it rides low it'll break you in half if you're carrying a bunch of weight, but if it's positioned correctly it is comfy.

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 11:14 AM

Did you use one with the additional assault pack that connects to the back?

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 11:18 AM

I had it, but usually didn't carry them both together. That'd be a heck of a load to tote. The smaller "assault pack" is actually a decent size and what I carried to the woods with me as my hunting pack when I was still in.

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 11:18 AM

Ok thanks for the info thumbup

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 11:20 AM

Sure man. Now go kill a big one!

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 11:22 AM

I sure am gonna try, good luck to you smile
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 11:46 AM

I had been looking at the Eberlestock Blue Widow, but think I may go with Kifaru. Right now, I have a Blacks Creek Canadian(no longer made). I've packed one deer out with it and used it on one elk hunt. It's great for 1-3 day type hunts.
Posted By: hgmike

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 11:49 AM

Put a lot of weight and a lot of miles with the ilbe. It can take a beating and is pretty comfortable.

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 12:59 PM

Those Kifarus look pretty danged nice!
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: High End Hunting Packs - 11/25/15 01:30 PM

Mystery Ranch
© 2024 ALDEER.COM