Aldeer.com

land question

Posted By: Big AL 76

land question - 10/13/15 12:52 PM

I found some land I was thinking about leasing...it was clearcut in 2008 would this land be ok or for the most part is it not huntable?I have not went and seen it yet...
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: land question - 10/13/15 12:58 PM

It should be a deer nursery. Most of it is likely unhuntable but if there are lanes, roads, food plots, etc. on it, I'd say it's worth a look.

Re: land question - 10/13/15 01:00 PM

It shows a few roadways from the map and a possible loading pad or 2 but may be different in person...it's in Pickens county
Posted By: jawbone

Re: land question - 10/13/15 01:07 PM

It should be a mecca for deer, but something that you can easily hunt is another matter. Deer absolutely love old cutovers, but so do every form of plant that has thorns and grows to impenetrable thickness. We have a couple of spots like that and the edges were some of my best bowhunting spots.
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: land question - 10/13/15 01:08 PM

If it's in Pickens then you can put a little work in it and I would bet it would be a good place to hunt. Make you a few lanes and plots with some shooting houses elevated or tripods. I hope you get a good deal on it. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: land question - 10/13/15 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Big AL 76
It shows a few roadways from the map and a possible loading pad or 2 but may be different in person...it's in Pickens county

If that's the case id do it if it was cheap. Any SMZ's?

Re: land question - 10/13/15 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10

Originally Posted By: Big AL 76

If that's the case id do it if it was cheap. Any SMZ's?

I'll find out tomorrow evening.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: land question - 10/13/15 02:52 PM

If youll send me a pm where property is at Ill be more able to tell you whether or not it should be productive.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: land question - 10/13/15 03:37 PM

Sounds like you would have to put a good bit of work and money in it to have a good hunting area. Would the landowner consider a long term hunting lease? If he would, you could get a dozer in there for a few days and fix the place up.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: land question - 10/13/15 03:58 PM

Probably a pretty good sanctuary.

Dr. B
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: land question - 10/13/15 04:06 PM

As long as there are enough roads and shooting lanes to get you access to the property, there will almost certainly be a lot of deer. If there are spots for food plots it could be excellent. At the end of the day if you are looking to lease land and you find some close to you, you better take it while it's available. I spent 3 years trying to find land to lease within an hour of Birmingham until I found my place this past year.
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: land question - 10/13/15 04:13 PM

It sounds like a good place for pidilin.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM