Aldeer.com

GREEN FIELDS

Posted By: crosstac2005

GREEN FIELDS - 10/09/15 10:56 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions for hunting green fields with a bow
Posted By: hayman

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/09/15 11:00 PM

You must be meat hunting . Everyone knows bucks don't come to green fields. grin
Posted By: crosstac2005

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/09/15 11:02 PM

yea want to fill the freezer during bow season in fl bow season and like a week of gun season is the only chance we can kill does
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/10/15 12:02 AM

Tat soul can tell you how.
Posted By: hayman

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/10/15 12:31 AM

Come to think of it Tatsoul could probably hook you up.
Posted By: 10gauge

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/10/15 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: crosstac2005

Nephew hunt the trails coming to the green fields and you will be better off. Just climb a tree 100yds into the woods down one of the trails coming into it with the wind in your favor. A lot of time you will have deer coming up those trails and staging to go into the green field at or after dark. This way by hunting down the trails coming into the field you have a chance to kill one before dark and likely might have some bucks staging there to come out after dark as well.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/10/15 05:09 AM

If it's a big field/plot , I like to get them on the approach, before they get into the plot. Smaller plots I set up more to shoot in the plot. Always keeping the wind in mind of course. In both cases I'm set up on the plot.

On large plots set up several stands for different wind directions. Little 1/4 acre plots I set up to shoot deer in the plot but I'll shoot them before they get in it if I can. Large plots I want to know which trails are the main vein and get them before they get in the plot. Those plot watcher cams are a big help on large plots. Plots are easily over hunted, jump around. Afternoon hunts, get someone to drive to the plot and pick you up after dark. A couple times climbing down running them off, stick a fork in that plot, it's done.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/10/15 05:39 AM

Fields in early bow season are a high success area for me each year. Hunt them with the wind in mind, and I prefer ones with acorns dropping on the side. I hunt directly on fields early in the season and move back into the woods on trails leading to them as pressure increases. This time of year deer have no problems walking into plots in the middle of the morning or afternoon. That is unless you have folks already making their weekly visits to "check sign", and in that case hunt somewhere else.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/10/15 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt Brock
This time of year deer have no problems walking into plots in the middle of the morning or afternoon. That is unless you have folks already making their weekly visits to "check sign", and in that case hunt somewhere else.

thumbup
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/10/15 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt Brock
That is unless you have folks already making their weekly visits to "check sign", and in that case hunt somewhere else.

That's the problem most clubs around here have. So many folks doing their ground stomping it pressures the deer way too much. Plan accordingly.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: GREEN FIELDS - 10/10/15 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: crosstac2005

yes...don't. Set up on the trails coming into the field. Better to see three deer at 15 yards than 30 at 100 yards......
© 2024 ALDEER.COM